WORST reputation on CP? Novartis Leadership

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 30, 2015 at 6:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not that I am surprised after the decisions we all have seen/endured made by Leadership recently, but has anyone seen other company boards that can even come close to the # of topics and the # of posts replied to (many at ABL and KAM levels) that are aimed DIRECTLY at Leadership? I would bet after weeding out the ignorant and disgruntled~ Novartis CP board still holds the record.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's sad, since many of the people that have been let go were very loyal and dedicated to Novartis. That level of commitment drives people to go the extra mile & now that's gone. The culture is definitely changing & not for the better. Most decisions that have been made recently reflect a total disregard for past performance. This is one reason for the mass exodus in first line management.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company's leadership lacks character, integrity, or skill! It's the "cess" pool of dysfunctional management in the industry.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could not agree with you more!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

people > profit

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leadership requires guts. No one has guts, regardless of the division. I know folks in OTC and Pharma, the biggest complaint is that everyone is afraid to speak up.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because if you dare speak up you are seen as and labeled a "troublemaker" , " difficult", "negative", "not a team player", "toxic" when anyone with good business sense knows that the only way a corporation can change for the better is by having those who speak up when things aren't working. Here you just say "yes sir" even if you know its wrong or ridiculous. Otherwise they get rid of you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, very, completely TRUE. This is exactly how the vaccine division went down too. They promoted YES-sayers, rather than those with skills, knowledge or genuine motivation to improve. Since the managers were all so incompetent, they didn't even want to bring in real good people because they felt too threatened. Vicious cycle.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely. Couldn't have worded it better. It's so stupid. No wonder this company is the laughing stock among the industry right now. They don't want candor or change for the better. Leadership here is like Washington DC. Nothing but a ton of incompetent self righteous egos with no regard for doing what's right for the comoany in general. They have tunnel vision and no desire to see the big picture. And you are screwed if you say one thing against the tactics.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a KAM and chose not to interview just because of this point. My boss he was great but our top leader was weak and she was demoted in new org, but the retail side was a mess. A bunch of no talent hacks looking to see who could micromanage more and bring back the bad old days. But at least with Old guard regionals you knew what you had and acted accordingly, now you have leadership say one thing then turn around to see a knife in your back where before you saw it coming. RR sells snake oil and has no good pharma sales experience. His leaders are terrible also. I got another job fairly quickly as I was valued for my experience where at Novartis they valued others who had half the resume as our KAMS and abls. Sorry if you got mapped but keep ears to the ground for new opportunities. After 10+ I am sad to leave what was familiar but I am super happy and less stressed in a new better paying position.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no "leasership". Senior management is all about protecting their positions and telling those higher up what they think they want to hear. It is a pervasive culture that destroys morale, as anyone who tries to tell the truth is marginalized and eventually forced out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. I know of a situation where a performance evaluation was totally fictionalized to a good performer who dared to challenge and speak up.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NVS leadership is an episode of the "View" All female.....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know of the same thing. To the point it was laughable and made the manager look like a complete idiot. It backfired on her and said much more of her character than anything she said negative about the rep. And the rep was loved in her territory. It was nothing but power play and jealousy.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread applies to the OTC leadership too. Must be something in the water.