Looking to get in business - Charlotte NC

Discussion in 'Southeast Reps' started by CharlotteNCGuy, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Hi, I am new here and I am looking to make a career move into Pharma/Medical Sales. I have 12 years of strong sales experience, and my entire family is in medicine.

Can anyone point me in any direction to recruiters in the SE US, or that handle Charlotte NC area?

Any advice would be appreciated

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck. So many layoffs you can't count that high. Not the industry it once was. Stay with B2B or get into medical devices. Stay away from drugs.......

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have learned that. How do I break into medical

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, stay away from pharma
    make sure you have great numbers
    the advantage a pharma rep may have on you is a physician referral in the area
    I wouldn't count on your family...sorry
    I live in a major metropolitan area in the south and one of our top targets daughter was looking to get into pharma and it didn't help...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pharma and medical are both horrible

all my family members are MDs or DDS or DMD

try dental sales or lab sales, they haven't been hit as hard

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

try liquor sales....pharma is going down the drain and the way the economy is everybody is going to be hittin' the bottle!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd try glucometer sales or other diagnostics; pharma ain't what it used to be, a dying field.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello! I am searching for a phone number or website for a recruiter named Paul Peterson (email - medrecruiters44@hotmail.com). I would greatly appreciate any information that you can give me. Thanks!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking for Paul Peterson, recruiter. . .

Does anyone know the telephone number of recruiter Paul Peterson

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

recruiters are like salespeople. they are out to close the deal and get paid and move onto the next deal. The problem is they won't waste time trying to place someone "breaking" into the industry when there are piles of resumes of experienced folks ahead of you.

Stay out of medical sales if you can. It is not the career it once was.