can i take legal action if I was fired for not meeting my sales goals?

Discussion in 'Southeast Reps' started by Anonymous, Jan 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

- my sales goal numbers were RIDICULOUSLY high compared to how the territory had been performing in the past (my territory was created new from downsizing neighboring territories)
    - my goals were higher (percentage-wise) than any other rep in my district
    - there was no benchmark or set of rules in place- goals and probationary terms were set by manager's discretion
    - there was another rep that was getting credit for scripts from a target in my territory (brought up to HR, nothing done, I never got credit, and ultimately this affected my numbers)
    - I was performing on par with everyone else in my district. There were actually reps with worse numbers than mine that did not lose their job.

Any advice?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

check your employment contract or try to find the HR policies on your corp website

many of us sales reps are employed "at will", which basically means you can be fired anytime for any reason

none of us have signed contracts for guaranteed employment, ie specific amount of pay or specific amount of time

also some states (FL) are "right to work" states, meaning again, you can be let go for any reason

and taking legal action? good luck, a lawyer costs about 300-400 an hour, and they likely wont work on contigency of you winning a case

just get out and look for another job

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You seem like a pain in the ass. I'm willing to bet you are a woman. You also seem to whine and bitch a lot and that is probably why they wanted to get rid of you.

Anyways, you are entitled to take legal action if you want. You will most likely spend more money than it's worth to find out that they can indeed fore you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

----

"SHE" seems like a pain in the ass? mmm...ok, Napoleon

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a minority or a female...or better yet a minority female you should go for it.

If you are a white male you are screwed in an "at will" state. The one compensation is that hiring managers prefer white males because we can fire them without being concerned about a lawsuit.