Revised Layoff Date in October and Latest News and Headlines: "THE Insider"

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Paul Revere, Apr 20, 2009 at 6:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a fucking moron.....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drug Sales Reps’ Jobs
    By Jim Edwards | January 20, 2011
    Comments .. Placebo Effect
    Jim Edwards
    Contact
    Author Bio.BiographyJim Edwards Jim Edwards, a former managing editor of Adweek, has covered drug marketing at Brandweek for four years, and is a former Knight-Bagehot fellow at Columbia University's business and journalism schools.
    ..More from Commentary
    Why Google's CEO Shuffle May Be Much More Boring Than You Think
    Google Earnings: Good, but Not Good Enough To Keep Schmidt as CEO
    HP Board Tries to Cover Its Butt with Another Hurd Investigation
    Bloom Energy's Pay-As-You-Go Model Works (If You Get the Subsidies)
    Grading Obama: White House Consensus -- Not Dissent -- is Hurting Economic Recovery
    .View more ..Everyone in the pharmaceutical business will be getting a free iPad! OK, that’s a slight exaggeration but not by much: Over the next few weeks, thousands of drug sales reps will receive Apple (AAPL) iPads from their employers loaded with Veeva Systems’ iRep, which displays product presentations and then allows the doctor viewing them to sign the iPad when they’re done. iRep was launched Jan. 11.

AstraZeneca (AZN), Novartis (NVS), Sunovion (formerly Sepracor), ProStrakan, and Millenium are already iRep customers, along with a number of contract sales organizations that provide salesforces to other drug companies. The iPad is spreading into a wide array of sales jobs, including small business, real estate agents, and restaurant sales.

Stick to the script, please

Traditionally, drug pitches are delivered orally by reps who have to rote-learn scripts as they turn flipboards and collect pen-and-paper signatures. Getting the message exactly right was key, because getting it wrong can have major legal consequences. The iPad could make script-learning history. Before sales reps begin rejoicing, however, they may want to consider why management is so keen on the iPad as a selling tool.

Currently, reps detail only one or two priority drugs at a time. iRep allows reps to walk into a doctors’ office with an unlimited number of sales presentations preloaded on the iPad. All a rep has to do is stand there while the doc pokes the iPad and then signs. In theory, an iPad could carry any drug company’s entire portfolio of drug presentations, and instantly email research papers in response to off-label use requests. With an iPad, a rep need not even open her mouth.

Drug reps as bicycle messengers

The rep, in other words, becomes a glorified bicycle messenger who need not have any special expertise in the content they’re delivering. It’s the iPad, not the rep, that becomes the crucial part of the transaction. The medium is the message.

As one rep can deliver a plethora of iRep presentations, drug companies may find they need fewer reps to cover the same amount of ground. That has been the trend among companies recently who have tried a number of innovations to get reduce the number of reps they use, including:

Novo Nordisk (NVO) has replaced some reps’ tasks with a web site.
    Pfizer (PFE) has done the same thing.
    AstraZenenca (AZN) replaced most of its Nexium sales force with a telemarketing center.
    Shionogi & Co. (4507) started hiring “no-experience-necessary” reps at half the going salary rate for reps.
    So, reps, enjoy your new iPads while you can. But remember that your employer may one day choose to keep the tablet and lose you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

..sound the alarm, ring the bells, finally the finalized, AIGI countdown is before us, lay off in hand

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

source??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

.Tony Plush says your all done soon.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

.Mayo 17, 2011...all levels, all divisions, no exceptions. Does this ring a bell?

7. Jack Nimble

Jack Nimble Guest

We are hiring new reps next week. Your last comment makes no sense.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No it does not Scott B

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

l
    .you ax Paul Revere delivers beware of expansion news and rumors.
    ....ax yourself, does this makeover make cents?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

.siebel viewpoint now in loaded .............

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHERE IN VIEWPT ? ?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

......It looks like our leadership was correct "THE GAME CHANGER" is about to change the game again, is it April 2008 all over again?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was actually April 2009. I know because I was affected. I had a job but transfered to a ridiculous territory. It all worked out in the end. I did it for a while until I found another job.

The end result:

1. I landed a device job.
    2. Higher base pay
    3. Much higher commision (paid monthly)
    4. better medical benefits
    5. Great team to work with. Incredible managers and the people in-house actually keep in contact with the sales folks often.

Overall...that realignment was the best thing that happened to me. Chances are I would never have left the company if I didn't get that horible transfer. I didn't want to get out of my comfort zone.

Don't be afraid to make a move. J&J tried to make you think that you are one of the "elite" and that you're lucky to work for them. It's more the other way around. They're lucky to have a great sales force (generally speaking.) The company offers no loyalty to you but expects that from you.

Bottom line....the more people that leave...the worde it looks for the managers, RBD's and above. Maybe then they can look in the mirror and see what part they played.

It's always easier to pass blame and that's exactly what they do.

Good luck to all of you. A better job awaits you and your life will improve 10 fold.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely dead-on accurate. J&J, when you are inside, is almost cult like. They are so insular and self important, making everybody feel like "why work anywhere else?" As somebody who was hit in one of the cuts, I was at first devastated. Bought into the lies and wanted so desperately to find another position within. That didn't work out and here I am almost 2 years later and in looking back, am almost embarrased by how zombie like I was. Now I'm in a great new position, with a better base, better bennies, higher bonus/upside and a passion for work again. J&J and all their vanilla strategies, horrible, self serving leaders--from Weldon down to and through the DMs make everybody focus solely on survival. The credo? It's a PR tool.

Don't believe the lies and they hype. You are nothing more than a WWID

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

.to the 3,000 forget san diego trip is not happening

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

afib is a fib. Dead.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's up to tomorrow's news.
    PR youre a little too early to know this time

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I read this, I felt like I may have written it. Absolutely spot on to what many have felt. I bet if you go back to the 2009 "graduating class" many of them would feel the same.

Now as I read the tough time Xarelto is having it seems its still the same ol' J&J.