Don't take the CV job!

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who would ever decide to come back to this hell pit?! I have spoken to a few people that have interviewed for the CV positions - same crap - robotic interviewers asking the same ridiculous situational questions - and unable to answer any questions. In due time, there will be at least 4 competitiors that will all essentially do the same thing with very little differences at all in efficacy and safety. Who wants to sell a me-too product? The environment here is toxic and you are merely just a number. If approval doesn't come, then everyone knows you are gone with no severance. Why can't they learn from the last go around? Physicians don't appreciate their time being wasted with "disease state" calls. In the end, it severly damages the company and reps' reputations. If they truly are hiring reps with strong cardiology backgrounds, then why not wait until the drug is approved? There are no advantages for getting out earlier - just disadvantages where you will really ager clinicians. The only rep that would be good for is one that has no cardiac experience - but that isn't what they are looking for.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like sour grapes.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the OP...how can it be sour grapes when they have posted but accurate facts? There wasn't anything in that posting that wasn't accurate. Perhaps it is you who may be trying to convince yourself it is a better job than it actually is? I would love to hear any reasons you feel this would be a good job and a good environment.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The interview process was a joke. Really, 1 question is "Explain a time when you weren't completely truthful with a customer and tell why you did it?" Who in their right mind is going to answer that? Hire people for a drug that isn't on the market yet, has been delayed over 2 years, and hire them for the second indication that may or may not come even if it does make the market? No plans in place for the new salesforce if things don't go perfectly? The only people who would look at this position are the unemployed or those who hate their manager/product/company so much that they would take this huge risk. But, wow, that interview process was a low class as it gets. Didn't even have reimbursement forms for travel expenses and when I emailed an interview coordinator about that got a rude and short response. Not impressed at all.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't come to jnj and stay with your current company.....it's that simply.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more! All four people I interviewed with were rude. Not one inspired me to want to work for them, the company or represent the product. They were more interested in moving me to the next interviewer and being on time in their shell game they were playing then actually conducting a meaningful interview and two way dialogue. Two were leading me into S/T, A, R format answers. Their interviewing skills were really bad, and these were senior leaders. I can't believe what kind of sales leaders they would be. They had no answers to questions. When I tried to answer a question by demonstrating from some power point slides I pulled together, the interviewed took it from me, started leafing through the pages, and then said "what is this, something you got off the internet?". What a jerk! I'm glad to have other companies that are interested in my and which I am further along in the interview process because I would not accept an offer form OMJP or Janssen as they now say they will be called.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The base salary and vacation time are a joke. I sold lovenox for 6 years and the base salary they're talking about is 20k less than I make with SA. They don't have any idea about bonus structure or anything. I almost laughed in the interviewers face with some of the scripted questions he asked. Good luck to anyone that takes this job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was the base salary and vacation they quoted you?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed in Chi this past week. I was told by the initial hiring recruiter that this level job specifically paid a base up to $123,000. During my 4 person interview, salary never came up. Just scripted scenario questions. Kinda gay, guess its the way these big co's interview people these days...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only a small few would ever get a base that amount and they would have to be a superstar cardiac rep. I decided not to continuing pursuing the job after my interview - what a bunch of jerks! I think I did well, but I definitely got an ugly feeling that trhis would not be a fun job working for people like that. I also agree that going out everyday with no actual product is a quick way of losing respect from your customers. Physicians are busy and until you actually have a product, you are just wasting their time. When will these big pharma companies ever learn? We have driven this profession into the ground.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed last week and absolutely hated the regional business manager. I got a sick feeling and almost walked out right in the middle of the interview. I will stay where I am for now as I don't want to work for people like that - it was horrible and they treated me like I was a first year primary rep versus a successful seasoned rep that has over 15 years experience. I called them the next day and told them no thanks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just received a thank you email for interviewing. A no go! I had a live interview in Chi. Not sure what they were looking for exactly. I am ok with not getting the position, especially since the product will be lucky if approved by Nov for AF. I really got the sense that JnJ are rookies in the CV market and high on their horse at this point. The IV process was fly to Chi for 3-45 minute interviews with scripted scenario questions. A group of hiring people trying to act corporate.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah I had same interview and no talk of salary. I want to know what they are going to be offering before I worry about this any longer! After reading these posts I'm scared to jump over!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious where did you interview? Wondering if I am thinking of the same RD! Atl

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Curious about internal candidates for CV. Any idea what type of offers will be made? Competitive with external offers?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was it Jim Fleming? He was a pharma drone idiot at SA and sounds like he's keeping it going at JNJ.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are at Sa and you think inn suck..are you kidding?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former JNJ employee here.

Job will be "ok" if you do well.

They will underpay as far as base because they are "JNJ". Bonus structure will suck compared to rest of industry. You will most likely be micromanaged by some incompetent ass kissing idiot. If you happen to be lucky enough to get a good manager, they will most likely be replaced within a year or two. Probably for not kissing enough ass. Goals for product will be extremely high, since this drug is expected to save their pharma division. Launch will be fucked up in some manner, or drug will be priced too high/not available on most insurance plans initially.

Worked for company for years, made a lot of money, got out and moved on to a better company. Good experience for new reps....absolute hell if you have any former sales background.

Good luck

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guessed it!!! Yes it was Atlanta - wasn't it absolutely horrible? I saw huge red flags and I am so glad I decided not to go for the job.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is money! OP has no sour grapes. I saw all of this on my time exploring the opportunity...which is anything but one.