iPad's are coming!

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, May 20, 2011 at 3:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But there's a cloud around this silver lining, BNet notes. Reps aren't happy about the iPad's tracking abilities. The device's location features could let management keep tabs on sales reps' whereabouts. And some sales-specific software communicates with corporate computer systems, keeping track of what salespeople do throughout the day.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone who takes the time - can turn off/on the location setting (or turn off the iPad) - do not fear. it will be fun to have an iPad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like cell phones, the iPad almost certainly can be turned on remotely and operate quietly in the background. The ONLY way to insure any of these machines stays off is to remove the battery, and while I don't know much about the iPad, I understand that this is impossible with the iPhone...the battery is hardwired in.

Apple is not nearly as user configurable as an Android system, and let us not forget that the machine will belong to OMJPI so reconfiguring it will naturally be OUT OF THE QUESTION.

The trend has been toward control, control, control. Anyone who thinks this "new thing" will be otherwise is awfully naive.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How come some JNJ reps are getting JNJ Iphones and others are not?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who gives a shit.....I left that hell hole for a device job and bought my own cell! (BTW...Costco iphone with instant rebate came to $28 FYI)

JNJ blows......................................

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, but I must interject. Why do all you morons insist on adding an apostrophe to anything plural? The plural of Ipad would be Ipads. Why would it be Ipad's? Does the Ipad posess anything? NO. I know you all think it's stupid to bother with grammar, but it speaks to the fact that you are all intellectually lazy. I hire you ldiots, so I'm just sayin....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a backend blog -- come on - put away your boxing gloves and anal tendencies

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ma ma la binga

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

""Binga"" would make a great drug name.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Won't it be great to have a remote work session with your DM? Camera in the iPad and mic. You could even do a face to face call. Can't wait for the DM's and RM's to come up with all kinds of this.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All that's missing is the USB sigmoidoscope. Make sure to clean it well before they switch and do the upper part.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's great! You have it dialed!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yah, the iPad as a 2 way camera & video recording

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The iPad is a reps worst nightmare. Cool toy, but it will be so restricted in terms of what you can do personally, you'd be better off with a hunk of lead.

J&J still has not set up the infrastrucutre to support iPads. It is a Mac platform. We are still running windows on our computers and terchnology and look at how far behind we are there.

In the event we do someday get iPads, Mac has technology for tracking, video chats, etc. Now for a moment, think about the call you get from your manager when you're at the beach or on the golf course, or walking through a mall at 2pm and he or she wants to "chat" with you to show you something that just came across the desk.

THAT, is what it's going to be used for, not customer apps, not electronic details. It's a tracking device that is going to make our lives misearable.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Miserable, yes. It also is the means by which the Legal Dept. thinks they'll get past this spate of lawsuits, using the data record to show in court that every prescriber was given a full, legal, FDA-mandated ISI...so if there's a bad outcome, sue the doc but leave J&J out of it.

Of course, anyone with an IQ over room temp knows that what reps do is fast-forward through the ISI prior to getting into the call, and so the whole thing is a massive waste of time and money as a legal maneuver. The plaintiff's lawyer will put the rep on the stand (any rep, that is) and ask if they actually walk the prescriber through the ISI...at which time the whole stupid thing will crash and burn.

Makes me wonder if the lawyers working in J&J legal are all J&J board members' nephews or mistresses.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ISI will never get a Pharma company off in court.
    A good example is the Airline industry which has been at the verbal ISI game for years. Plane crash equals plenty lawsuits and settlements.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, they have arrived. Ugh. How does the tracking work and how will the dm access and use the info. There must be some dm out there who is willing to discuss or maybe a dm has disclosed this info to a rep. Come on...spill it!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a DM and there is no way the company is tracking people. Plus, the only ones who could be worried are those that don't work. Get off your lazy butt and work. The good reps are already out there not worrying about things like this. Remember the fear that GPS in cars would allow tracking. How did that go?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is pretty simple. Turn off the iPad when you are not using it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, The Ipads are actually here. I can't believe that anyone would bitch about it, but I guess you can. Here's the secret: Actually make calls earlier than 10 and and later than 2. You must be a pain rep. On the hospital side, we actually have to sell. Nobody gives a crap how many calls we make, only that the numbers go up. Amazing concept, huh?