Specialty Sales Rep-Rheumatology

Discussion in 'Centocor Ortho Biotech' started by Anonymous, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This industry only hires the young and pretty as you well know. Unless you started working at age 6 I think you are done. Start in a new industry where they keep and promote talent not just looks and image. JnJ is the worst at this. They would never hire you if you are 40+. Just the facts from someone who has +10 in this corporate setting. I have sat in the top level meetings where upper management said " if I see one gray hair in this new hire crew heads will roll". JnJ is famous for this. They don't even try to hide it anymore. Diversity? Forget about it. They promote the image and a few token managers and that is all. Leave and go onto to happier times. They are out there. Very few have gone on to be homeless. Quit looking here and in this industry and you will be on the road to recovery. Sorry for your difficult times and I am hoping you do will and do it soon.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree...biopharma/med device companies are hiring, and many value experience, and the contacts that one can bring, and what you have sold in the past. I think the key here is (only if you are up for this) to go back on salary for the near term. Also, use your network!

Good Luck. Remember, NO ONE gets to that salary without having consistent, long term success. Be positive, build off of that, and you will do fine.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your going to start to see some of the gray hairs being forced out soon. We need fresh blood in this place.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Words from a dreamer. Kind words yes, but a dreamer nonetheless. JnJ loves little children (that is 40 and under) that way management can use more baby powder. All the moves JnJ makes is to can your ass at 40+. Look outside of COBI and what do you see. Franchise run into the dirt by all the little children. Those same little children are being placed like crazy ay COBI. When the time comes the call for lay-offs and it will be goodbye COBI over 40 crew. Yes they will keep a hand full to try to keep the lawyers away. In the end if you are 42-52 right now you are screwed. Sorry but it is the truth.