Does COBI suck and why? Let me count the ways.

Discussion in 'Centocor Ortho Biotech' started by Anonymous, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For generations to come the failure of this organization will be talked about. Another nasty downward trend of the sales numbers. Look at how those that caused COBI's untimely death (management) are rewarded and those who brought the drugs to the height (sales reps) are dismissed as useless pieces of dung. Karma baby! The JnJ world is about to get very ugly.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you have a voicemail to celebrate the top 5% reps in each franchise and some of those are under 100% to goal, well that's something. Imagine going to P club and you're under 100%? It doesn't even mean anything anymore.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man just be grateful that the expectations for the field are so low and we're making bank. No other biotech company has the low sales and productivity standards for reps like cobi and we've been getting away with these low expectations for years. We really do work for the best biotech company. Wouldn't want to work anywhere else. God bless jnj!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

please go back on your meds

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KT tried to put some accountability on the sales force and sales leadership, but with her departure, the sales force had a plan: Increase the whining and shrillness and bitching and complaining to Gribbon (who thought he was going to get the NSD job) and Logan (who did) knowing that both of them would do anything to get in the good graces of the whiny bitches in the field. They would take it to BBizzle-the man-whose-spine-is-JDs-hand, and he would make that his
    FIRST!
    BIG!
    MOVE!

Let the sales force off the hook. JD is now looking at the sales crashing in all products except Stelara and asking BBizzle "how's the sales force freedom working out for you?"

Enjoy it because it'll all come to an end with the mass pharm consolidation coming at the beginning of next year. I'm not saying there will be headcount reductions, but there will be process and accountability changes.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If what you're saying about process and accountability changes coming next year is true I say it's about time. Cobi is a sinking ship and things can't continue this way much longer. I appreciate not having to work hard with a manager who lets us get away with it but I'm beginning to feel guilty and paranoid about it. Having it so easy has actually taken its toll on me. I realize the high salaries we make aren't justified anymore when I see really hard-working motivated reps at other biotech and pharma companies getting laid off left and right and accepting contract sales jobs at half their former salaries. I'm a shell of the the ambitious rep I used to be and so is the rest of my team. No one wants to work if they can get away with it but we're not doing ourselves any favors by being so lazy with the high probability that we get downsized and need to find another job in the next few years. I wouldn't mind more direction from my manager. I miss the rep I used to be before I got so complacent working here. It's also the fact that doctors don't see reps anymore. All that rejection makes you not want to even bother knocking on their doors anymore and just write them off. Be honest with yourself and ask yourself if you were a hiring manager would you hire you. I would have hired the rep I was years ago but I know there's no way I would hire the rep I am today at cobi. And that makes me really sad. Change is good and I'm ready for it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is by far the best and most honest post I have ever read on this board. I bet 95% of the field feels this way but not many dare to admit this fact. Thanks for the refreshing honesty. I hope we all go back to the way it was.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When Gribs got found out and didn't get the NSD job (after practically guarenteeing his underlings that he had it, what a humiliation. And now you know why Reiser went running even though he took a huge pay cut) he decided to do the next best thing: rat out his people. Favorite or not, you're on the radar. Hey field rep, do you know why in the home office we know you bankrolled social events at your big doc's house? The cards are on the table thanks to our man Gribs. Wow! We can almost see you squirm all the way here from Horsham.

You put your faith in the wrong guy, DUDE. Yeah, You, Dude! Do you think we don't know who you are with all your dude stuff.

Here's a new name for you: Toast. You're toast, dude!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well put. Best of luck to you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For a long time I worked in a top region and I am so glad I am gone and out of there. The whole region was corrupt. Some female reps slept with their managers. RBDs invested money in reps property business. Reps sponsored Christmas parties and put down attendees who were's there. Reps ran side businesses and hardly ever worked and were held up as the best. The idiot RBD got kicked to another job at JnJ where he could finish out his mediocre career without harming the company much more, all becuase he rolled over like a dog for his corporate handlers. God, I am so glad to be out of there because I now see all of those loser liar cheaters going down. They deserve it. There are a great many people at COBI but a lot of used-car dealer and cheating scum. Girls cheating on their husbands and then showing up at P cloub with them and the guys don't even know that the man their wife is introducing them too slept with their wife. Unbeleivable. But things are correcting thiemselves. GOOD.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry. Once upper management starts looking into your calls and calling the doctors and offices to verify that you were actually there on those dates you made up you won't feel so guilty and empty about not working anymore. You will be canned. Upper management is well aware that the reps are faking all their calls and by verifying the entered calls with the physicians and hospitals who have no access policies they are planning on getting rid of the deadweight and thinning out the sales force. There's no way they need as many of you out in the field when there's no access anymore. All the pharma and biotech companies are now calling the offices and verifying entered physician calls to have certified grounds for dismissal of their expensive tenured reps so they can hire contract reps at half their salaries. Everyone should hope they get laid off when the next downsizing occurs, it would be to your benefit. The company is looking to make examples of reps and get rid of the lazy slackers by utilizing methods such as verifying calls. If you get fired there's no severance or unemployment for you. If you feel paranoid now, get ready to turn it up a notch the next few months. It's gonna get ugly. A lot of nice people are going to lose their jobs. The lesson is that you can only fake it for so long before the truth comes out.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All lies! Non-producers to be ousted in 2011. S.H. warned of field sales taking a hit if sales dropped. Hello! It's hitting time!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eh, I'll believe it when I see it. Every realignment brings no real change of reps or managers. Same managers leading the same reps for years on end and the reason for complete complacency and laziness in the field and poor sales results. This company doesn't believe in innovation or change. We're all safe where we are even if the numbers aren't so great so stop trying to worry everyone with these layoff threats. Not happening.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, let em call! And my customers will say, dude, he is the best! He was here last week. He brought us pizza, dude! Pizza! With extra cheese. And he talked clinical. Real clinical. He's the best dude, the best. Now what company is this?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the company was wise and they wanted to verify the accuracy and validity of physician calls they should mandate that the doctors sign when they see the reps, just as doctors sign for samples or in-services. Reps here are just faking calls and not even bothering going to the office when there's no accountability because there's no signature requirement. At least you know the reps who sample are actually in the offices trying to work. Need to stop all the bs and get the reps proving that they actually were in the offices and saw the doctors. Everyone in the field is faking calls.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not me, dude! I'll be seeing my top docs at the pker game tonight. I got to go now and pick up the booze and food (HCP approved, buddy!)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And I'll be seeing my docs at their kids Halloween party I'm sponsoring. And again at their family holiday party. And then at their daughter's sweet sixteen party. They're even going to let me stay awhile.

My doctors just love me.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean they love your corporate amex, Dude!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, I am not a DUDE! And no, my doctors do not love me because of my corporate Amex, but because I am like a partner to them in their offices. They could have other reps sponsor these things but they let me do it because I am like one of their family. I guess I won't be seeing YOU at Presidents Club!