JnJ sucks

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am utterly upset by the way JnJ is treating us.

It seems that the only answer mgmt has for their mistakes is layoffs!

I have lost all respect for this company!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too was betrayed by JnJ this week!

Yes, it didn't matter that I busted my butt in my group and performed better than most in my team. I was eliminated to save the senior guys.

JnJ has become a company full of back stabbing, bickering, and where loyalty and trust are long gone!

Although I am sad and stressed to be out of a job in this market, I know that I will find something better and this will all seem like a hellish nightmare!

I feel sorry for the people that will stay and have to live in the constant fear of layoffs and distrust created by their current leaders!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is run by a bunch of inconciderate hypocrites. Throughout our field & sales training we are constantly reminded of the importance of having an open and honest dialogue with our customers in order to gain their trust. I find it so insulting that J&J doesn't have the decency to communicate with us honestly and openly with its own employees regarding the ensuing layoffs. I've lost all respect for this organization.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, J&J, you really do suck...My division was run by 300 pound psycho women, who made our lives miserable...I am so glad that I left...FU J&J

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am embarrassed to admit this, but my experience at JnJ ranks as the worst in my IT career!

I will sure not missed this place! Directors and above are clueless! This will be known as the clueless company!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't be embarrassed. You are not to blame for the company's downfall. When Larson left so did leadership

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just left that rat infested dump called Johnson and Johnson. I worked in GPSG (their “global pharmaceutical sourcing group”) and if I had to describe Johnson and Johnson and their management I would put it this way:

• No creativity (can’t develop a new drug or pharma product to save their lives despite all of the billions of dollars at their disposal)
    • No foresight (writing was on the wall as early as 2000 leading JNJ products were going off patent, opportunity was there at the time to reinvigorate the pipeline through research, complete failure in this regard)
    • Stupid. JNJ top management has a serious hard on for managers in the Puerto Rican and Mexican manufacturing sites for whatever reason I have no clue but the managers in these locations are notoriously irrational and make snap judgments. These sites routinely get warning letters from the FDA for violating the most basic GMP principles. Why you’d entrust management of an entire network in the hands of these folks I have no clue.

In the end it’s a company that is laying off mass amounts of its people because they claim they need to “remain competitive to ensure they’re supplying products to customers at competitive prices.” Well if you lay off 7,000 people you’re not going to charge your end customers any less for your prices are you? I think you remain competitive through innovation and developing and commercializing new products that people need. Sure you may have to lay people off but if a company’s only way of increasing earnings per share is through layoffs, well that speaks volumes about the overall health (or lack of) of a company. I don’t understand why top management at JNJ continues to be rewarded for the poor direction of the company as a whole.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So are the managers.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whether its drugs, device, or IT, this company is run from top to bottom by ass kissing pussies and has beens. Everyone in management, male or female, are out of shape douche bags with zero sales management or people skills. They will screw you eventually. Don't buy any of their products, tell all your friends, and maybe they will take notice. Nah, assholes never do get it..... move on...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right On...perfectly describes J&J...worst place that I ever worked...I'm sorry that I ever went there....Outsiders think it's such a great company....Even when they pay big fines to the Feds, it gets swept under the rug....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was laid off in January and now they have a similar position on the job boards. Why was I laid off? Maybe I made too much money? Being an admin, I doubt it. They really know how to screw people over. I was with PCH until JNJ bought us. WHAT A MISTAKE. All legacy PCH is screwed.. eventually JNJ will cut them all.
    SHITHEADS. I HATE JNJ

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah - but aren't you just as mad that all these pharmaceutical companies still have $ to pay sales & marketing companies to "rep" any of this stuff to OTC markets but are laying off their own people? For God sakes, what the heck do any of these so called marketing companies do except charge $ and % for restocking shelves? No wonder Bi-Lo in Greenville, SC is going bankrupt - their chief S&M rep is morally bankrupt and tries to sleep with all her reps (Laura B.) so all you guys watch out while you're there. Doesn't matter that she's butt ugly - she wants a piece of the action.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The J&J business model:
    (1) Identify a bright, quality start-up or independent company. (2) Court that company's senior management. (3) Pay as much as necessary to "own" "control" "take-over" and promise senior leadership that you will keep the culture of said acquisition (4) Instill the Credo in the acquired's employees and make them believe it. (5) Fire senior mgmt that began company and replace J&J people (6) Ramp up the profit contribution the acquired company must pay to J&J, so they can't live the Credo or retain company culture because J&J leaders have employees in panic mode. (7) Original employees of acquired company leave J&J (8) New J&J senior mgmt hires more of their own mgrs from the last co. they ruined (oops, I meant) acquired. (9) Repeat 200x

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot to end it with...become the largest, most diversified healthcare corporation in the WORLD that makes hundreds of billions of dollars. I still like it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whoever posted the JNJ business model is soooooo right. 100 percent correct and happened to me. They suck ass

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My fellow cynics...Please enjoy the following bitch-spiral...bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch.

For help, go to cynics anonymous (aka www.cafepharma.com)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too am boycotting all their products. The credo is not worth the paper it's written on. This company suffers from intense in-breeding and the result is complacent, delusional managers that think they can actually make a difference. I have never worked with a more lazy, priveldged and arrogant bunch of douchebags. How do you preach credo and then lay off employees in their 50's right before xmas?? Only to hire a cheaper replacement come February...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I agree.. how can you lay off masses of people right before the holidays? I know for a fact that they replaced my job with a new college grad who will take less money and eat more shit. JNJ sucks all the way.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J&J really sucks. This company is paying for expensive resources and tools to digging a big hole to bury themselves! Bravo! in advance for your downfall.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My friend was just laid off from JnJ, but she was overpaid and did little. Anyone who depends on contractors for most of their job responsibilities can't feel too safe.

But seriously , what company is better than what you list? I worked for a company that had 40 people in my division, and when they laid off and people quit, they were down to a vice-president, 3 managers, and me, a junior engineer. Then soon enough it was just me and the vice-president.

I hear the same thing about Merck, GE, etc. etc. Be happy if you leave, and get into a smaller company that has some kind of values other than $$$$.