Reorg/Diabetes Care

Discussion in 'Roche' started by Anonymous, Jan 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, so is anyone else fed up with waiting around to hear if we still have a job or not?
    We know that our territories will be different, yet they want us to continue with business as usual? We have NO samples, yet they want us to continue with business as usual? We don't know if we will continue to have responsibility for Pharmacies, yet they want us to continue to schedule meetings with Sup's and DM's? Does anyone know anything??? Just tired of not knowing......

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a wonderful strategy for growth!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard we find out this Thursday or Friday. Also heard pump reps are safe and going to training this month to learn the meters. WTF. This has been handled so poorly by the higher ups.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to be kidding me?!! Why are they keeping the pump reps around? That division is loosing money left and right. They can't possibly be making enough sales to even cover their base salaries. Do you think they're turning the pump reps into meter reps or something? This is about as pathetic as when they hired an entire sales force and had them delivering meters and strips for over a year before they came out with the pump.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody knows anything yet, so your statement is just purely a guess. Why such hatred and self perservation remarks against the pump reps? I am on the meter side and both sides has expertise and we will all be selling the same thing so stop comparing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pump reps are highly trained experts in this field. I get that. But this company is shelling out tons of money to pay these people to sell a product that can't be sold because it is so out of date. And the self preservation remarks? I don't want to work for a company that is a laughing stock in the diabetes community. I'd love to see us have a successful pump to go with our meters, but at this point, our company has made some terrible decisions where that product is concerned. Hell, I'd love to see them hire back most of the people they laid off a few years ago! But we can't keep sinking money into something that is failing, and expect a different outcome. And honestly, these people are so well trained in insulin pumps and diabetes, I don't think they'll enjoy selling only meters. I have a number of friends on that side, and they were absolutely miserable before the new pump came out!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+1

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, it has started.. one manager displaced yesterday...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who was it? BG/Pump? Many of us still havent heard anything yet! How do you know?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DC manager

do you still get a 4th quarter bonus payout if you lose your job now?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

also the FL manager

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean Phil got the boot? Names please!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's what i meant by dc(diabetes care) not DC manager sorry

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why the silence things have happened today

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard MM was let go...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have any idea when reps find out?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MM is the DC manager. Are you sure? or are you going off information above>?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1) Do you think sure the pump reps have enjoyed selling the Spirit in the ultra-competitive pump market? They have been waiting for at least 3 years for the Combo!
    2) Many (not all) people that were laid off 4 years ago were let go for good reason: they could not get it moving.
    3) Shelling out tons of money to 70 or so IDS AM/CS reps vs. how many PAMs, 150 or so? Check the expenses on your UPS/FedEx meter shipments. Doesn't add up to cut all the IDS reps that have somehow been succesful in the market. But the IDS side cant do it alone.
    4) Other companies have made significant advancements in pumps since then, as well as meters (hello, no coding!), while Roche has not been able to progress significantly in either market, except with the latest news on the Nano and Aviva Plus (which arent really that significant in comparison to the competition).. The IDS side is not losing money left and right. Please pay attention to Town Halls where the company believes the major growth is.
    5) Laughing stock: You are completely missing the point that management is finally making a sound business decision in bringing these two business areas together. Think bigger than your own paycheck and that the company is seeing dollar $ign$ in finally merging the two. The IDS side is not losing money left and right. Please pay attention to Town Halls where the company believes the major growth is. However, IDS needs the DC side to maximize profits.
    6) I completely agree with the poster that said something about those of us that are still here will all be working together, selling the same thing. Roche is not immune to all the other re-orgs other companies have constantly been doing. We might as well play nice since our bonuses will likely be affected by each other's success.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bottom line is that the decisions have already been made. If my time is up, well then it is up. The managers input has not been included in the realignment, so it does not matter if you are a successful rep or not? Should it matter? YES, it should matter, however, this is being done at a corporate level, and it will all come done to Zip codes and volume. I personally do not wish for anyone to lose their job, PAM's or IDS, but when you work for a large corporation this is what happens. Stop complaining and pointing fingers at each other and just deal with it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

last two posts #18 & #19 nailed it. enjoy the ride if you stay on. if not, good luck on the next one.