Topiramate XR

Discussion in 'Upsher Smith Labs' started by Anonymous, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm considering a position here and am wondering if doctors will appreciate the value of extended release Topiramate versus a generic version take 3(?) times a day? Also any idea on the cost/formulary coverage of this product? I want to weight the pros and cons of selling this medication. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managed care will be the driver to success, or failure. $6 generic vs. branded? If you're in the epilepsy arena already, you remember levetiracetam XR going up against the 18 plus generics. Not too good.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Add to that a crowded marketplace with recently, and to be launched, new AED such as Trokendi XR, Aptiom, Oxtellar XR, it is a total crap shoot, all competing with generics and each other.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you know the answer

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly I don't think we will fair well with our topiramate Xr.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this person's post. Its not about what physician's "want"...Managed care will not pay for the product if it costs more - unless there is a demonstrated benefit (that in turn saves them more money!).

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the insight genius!

You should run the Managed Care group on this product with that insight.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

......probably does.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry for trying to answer the question of the person asking a valid question - I forgot that a portion of people on this site are not participating to help others but to vent themselves due to the various frustrations in their sad lives.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JUST READ THE CLINICAL DATA, SPRINKLE OPTION, SEVERAL OTHERS, IT MAY BE A GOOD GET.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

highly doubt you are considering a position...formulary coverage for a yet to be approved drug is not usually a factor in employment decisions, but Cost/formualry coverage? You should have to work harder than Cafe pharma to provide any value to your client.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this turd ever going to launch?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is a turd selling contest we will outsell your turd!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As honorable and fun as a turd selling contest may be I don't think the turd market is big enough for the both of us! Good luck

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why we have the best toilet paper in the biz! You have turds and no wipe. That won't cut it in this industry.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously - when is this hitting the market? Next month? Reps are already on board. Are we going to have something to sell?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You could call it something to sell.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have just been trained and told that you now carry the best product on the market. You are armed with a tablet that has all the tools you'll need to be successful. Call plan in had you walk into your first office. You introduce the new product and realize your exploding to give that Doc the information. After you puke out everything you learned, the Doc asks, what's the coverage like? Nervous you tell him it has some coverage but on plans he's never heard of. Then he asks how it is different then the generic? You respond by telling him the difference. Heck you might even through in the confidence intervals. He tells you but the generic is costing my patient only $3-6 bucks. You scramble trying to justify again why your better. Then in a month or two you have a conf. call. You find out that they are re-adjusting their company goals because of either generic competition or a new competitors product launch. Now your goals have changed and you need more training due to feedback everyone is giving. The first quarter goes by and you haven't met your goal. A verbal is given and you told what they need to do to help improve? Have you ever heard of the term, "Always a Bridesmaid but never a Bride!" That my friend is who you'll be working for.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that nowadays managed care is GOD, but if there is a significant improvement with AEs in the real world, docs will want to prescribe it more and patients will want it. That will make a difference down the road regarding coverage. In the beginning its going to be tough I agree and whether it becomes better or not will depend on the response patients have to it vs. the generic. Lets see what happens.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the point is that they will never blame the product or themselves, only the rep.