Tuition Reimbursement

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2014 at 8:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone leave Lilly while getting a master's degree? Does Lilly actually come after you for repayment of tuition assistance? Or just send threatening letters and take future bonuses that you should receive after you have left?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will come after you and get what they deserve. Only leave, if you are willing to pay them or can get your new employer to do it. Otherwise endure, until the leash is off.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread makes me laugh. When I attended 6-month sales class a long time ago, I learned that Lilly had a program where you could take time to further your education. When I got back to my territory, I asked my manager about that, and his quick and honest reply was: "While you are furthering your education, you should be also looking for a different job"--meaning of course that my current job of selling for Lilly would not be there when I came back.

Turns out that of the 16 or 17 managers that I had during my Lilly career, he was the best one by far, and I admired his bold honesty concerning taking time of to further your education.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is pretty funny, but at least he was upfront.

I was actually talking about working w/ Lilly and going to school at the same time. But if I leave lilly before 12 months after getting my MBA they will pursue me for repayment of the tuition assistance they gave provided.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real question might be better put, "If I was crazy enough to stay 12 months.."

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen to that, staying another however months is insane best get your degree with your new company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im definitely getting out. But i did hear Lilly will screw up your credit if you don't pay back the money. Either way its better than taking Cymbalta just to survive in Lilly

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with everything, except to stay with Lilly you'd need more than Cymbalta. I'd suggest a nice long acting typical antipsychotic. Haldol might help numb you from the reality of how sick this place has become.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On a serious note, its extremely sad to see where lilly is today compared to where they were 6-7 years ago. In less than a decade, Lilly has done a complete 180 for the worst.

The worst part is Leadership doesn't own up to it. How many times will leadership say "This is an exciting time for Lilly". People are getting laid off, no bonuses, no merit increases, less cellphone reimburse, more paper work for lunches, can barely do programs.

The only numbers that are above quota for Lilly is their employee turnover. Lilly definitely definitely gets an ownership rating for employee turnover

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The say Bernie Madoff is senile, but he knows exactly how "high finance" works...

Just a matter of time before any bubble breaks, tick tock tick tock

Fudge those metrics, six sigma champions, milk them for everything they got..

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh the good old days.
    Lilly back in the 70's and 80's used to pay for everything that you took at an accredited college or university for either enrichment or graduate degrees.
    I decided to take some classes at a law school and found after I paid my tuition that Lilly decided they would no longer cover the tuition expenses.
    This was a good personal lesson for me because at the time I thought Lilly was a company who supported their employees.
    The moral of the story is that any other time I was offered "bait" by a manager I refused it and stayed in sales for 33 years before retiring with my 90 pts.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will burn Drys dale knew the same things

And when old Jed started talkin' bout pullin' that money of that bank

He would panic and show up on CNBC or Cramer, whatever it would take...

The Carmel Hillbillies!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did we reinstate this yet???

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree that company is in a nosedive but expecting company to pay for your dabbling into "law school" without any direction or prior approval/support demonstrate your need to retire well before 33 yrs on the gravy train. Try that at Pfizer-ie strong Pharma--you'd have been "gone" long ago.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Realistically, could Carmel exist without the thousands of six-figured salarymen exacting their toll from Lilly facilities on a daily basis?

I doubt it.

Milburn is going to panic one day...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will not reinstate tuition reimbursement until late 2014 at the earliest. Most likely 2015-16 if the company is doing well. Somebody decided it wasn't worth the op ex and now you all suffer. To the guy with 90 points I wouldn't pay for your degree either, how would the company recoup that investment ever? Also, you probably should've picked up a phone and figured out what the current state of the policy was before dropping tuition money...just an idea.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For shizzle--if you retired with 30+ yrs be grateful and shut tf up. Worst people at Lilly were long time entitlement minions who milked the system and were too lazy or arrogant to pick up phone. Always blaming others....law classes..what a joke.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How fing stupid can you possibly be?

The company can spend five billion to prop up the stock price but can't spend a couple thousand to get a freshly minted MS degree.

You people got plenty of Alzheimers test animals in management.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi,
    I'm also considering MBA while working at lilly. Do you what the tuition reimbursement amount is? like how much do they pay