Changed Times ARI

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Feb 26, 2014 at 8:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

awful place to work, once Singapore is up ari will send stuff there, I mean they are sending Enbrel to aml already....I will be surprised if ari is there by 2018.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MOF is capacity limited, so don't expect tech transfer of Enbrel to Singapore anytime in the near future, (even by 2018). I'm not sure you truly understand the Enbrel process - i.e. bulk manufactured at ARI is fill/finished in AML - this has always been this way for tax purposes, this is nothing new. Unless you really understand a topic, why stir the pot with speculation?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enbrel deep tank is currently being worked on to transfer it to Puerto Rico. This is not a MoF candidate.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, your job is going to Puerto Rico, not Asia. Chill the fuck out!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Embrel will be moving to AML as mentioned by SLT of ARI. The date is not been announced although I am sure it is known. Other DS manufacture will probably go to Singapore once the site opens in May and is validated for production. It is not the productivity or efficiency of ARI that is the issue, it is the new cheaper technology( it is cheaper to build a new plant than to retrofit) and paying NO corporate taxes that is driving it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who knows what will happen to ARI, executives are not sharing that info. I am sure there is a "vision" hate that word, of when Enbrel will go to AML, obviously that will greatly impact ARI....I think there will be a chronic RIF over time to get to a magical secret number -when, how, who is the question-should be very interesting

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep, paying no corporate taxes, cheaper technology, there it is

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it the goal of all good US corporate citizens to try to dodge their taxes?
    Ironic how capitalism drives this mentality of trying to cheat the govt and get around taxes, yet still expect them to service and protect us and our free society. As business go further offsore, we drive business away from the USA. I suppose it is in our DNA as US private citizens to try to keep our hard earned money out of the hands of the govt, even though we rely on them for services, and protection and order.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot to include Medicare payments for their drugs, orphan drug exemption and the list go on and on and on... This is all related to short term mentality with no reasoning for long term consequences.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think Amgen is cheating the government here, that would be the mega tech companies that people so adore like Google, Apple, Amazon, and so on. Their tax scheme is complex as hell and insane how much they avoid in paying taxes. Amgen just builds (For Ireland: plans, starts construction, cancels, leaves, buys, retrofits) facilities where there is no corporate tax and a few minor touches to get it to work.

It really sucks that this happens, but point most of your blame the shame of a government we have in Washington that has watched this happen for years and years but has done nothing to reform the current laws.

That being said, Tesla, Apple, Genentech, BSM, Intel, Biogen Idec, etc., have built or are planning to build facilities worth hundreds of millions of dollars for manufacturing in the US. But when you're a company that's been lucky riding the wave of a few core multi-billion dollar products for the last 15 years and now you're run by an investment banker, this shit happens.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ARI will be around for awhile: Amgen officials have been looking for up to 200,000 sf of warehouse space just south of Providence. They are working with a big real estate firm and have been aggressively looking around over the last month. They must be planning something for long-term?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe a final packaging facility????????

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are looking for a warehouse to store the equipment that they cannot sell with the site when it closes. The ARI site is a sinking ship with the Amgen of the future. But just like with ACO, it will take years to fully close it down so there is plenty of time to find other jobs and move on. But staying will be painful and stressful. And the severance packages will continue to shrink.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you actually believe what you post? I'm not saying that ARI will never close but really, looking for warehouse space to store equipment?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They may be looking for storage space since ARI is supplying raw materials for several Amgen sites and the current warehouse is full. There is plenty of empty space on campus, however it is cheaper to contract this out in the long run for a variety of reason. This does not affect the fate and general shrinking of ARI's manufacturing, which is moving overseas thereby bypassing RI corporate taxes, i.e. it is tax free overseas.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have cameras in the cafeteria if you want to know.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't have access to the cameras, answer the fucking question

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where the hell have you been under a rock really your just noticing this now ?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I See you finally puked out the Kool aid!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God i hope so get that scumbag company out of this state 13 billion dollar waste.