De-Forestation

Discussion in 'Actavis' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2014 at 5:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talking to a Forest rep that I know, he says his manager is suddenly talking about how wonderful we are and how we will fit into the "Forest culture". Hope no one complains to the environmentalists. Those guys are about to be De-Forested and Actavis-ated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we could be in for a rude awakening when the only thing they tell us is that no Actavis people will be let go. I like all the Forest reps. I have met in the field.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was thinking the same thing. Look at what happened at Pfizer after they bought Wyeth. Of the people that I knew from both companies, it seemed more Pfizer people were let go.

This merger is just going to be agonizing until somebody finally spills the beans.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was not a "merger"; Actavis acquired forest.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not yet. Still two separate companies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did Actavis spend $25 billion on? Actavis bought Forest...end of discussion!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good news for Actavians! The consolidation plan is called "Agent Orange".

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a good question because Forest is only worth about 9 billion. You bought the sales force. I bet some of you lose you job. My RD said Actavis people may get laid off.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

....and a Forest RD is going to have all the answers. BS we are hiring. Perhaps you should apply.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So is Forest. You are hiring because you cannot get it done with what you have. Hence why you paid. $25 billion for Forest.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly you weren't a business/economics major, think about it grasshopper.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think about what tool bag? That you overpaid for FRX and some of us may take your job.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of biggest reasons Actavis hired their own was to try to find reps who weren't accustomed to or part of unethical activity/culture. Just my opinion but don't see them letting go of that. Many perceive forest reps as unethical (used to work there 12 years). It's a big sales force-the sales force isn't unethical but certainly there are many who are, I'd guess 30%. The percentage of unethical managers is definitely higher.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been with Forest for 9 yrs. I have seen little to no unethical behavior in my Region. I always wonder where these unethical reps. work? I think a lot of the reason Forest gets a bad reputation is because it never has paid to be part of PHARMA. I worked with and ex Pfizer rep. who said Forests compliance is stricter than Pfizer. Just a little food for thought for you Actavis reps. who want to bash the company that will soon be a large part of your organization.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No doubt but perception is reality-went in BI interview & Novo interview & was told they hesitate to hire anyone from Forest BC of ethical concerns. The reality of why Forest wasn't part of Phrma & other concerns aren't public knowledge or perception.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cannot believe that you think Forest reps do not have a bad reputation. It is one of the worst. I agree with the post about what other companies think. Just wait until you interview. First off most companies will not even screen thru a rep who worked in a pod. Secondly Forest has harder compliance rules because they are under a CIA (and paid big $$$ fine). They do not sell, they believe in quantity over quality and they just fill bins.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually the guidelines are similar to what were in place before the CIA agreement. Forest got in trouble for all the same things Lilly, GSK, Pfizer, got in trouble for...off label. Forest is no different than any other company. Get over yourself Actavis troll.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's true-perception is reality. Ex long time Forest rep cx days saw the craziest stuff from Lilly & fizer (on purpose spell for flags)-T Bradshaw signing footballs, trips to Hawaii, bogus journal clubs-we couldn't do any of that as of 2001. Our competition fueled that bad rep that remains today.
    I also interviewed with BI & was told they "frown upon" Forest reps in general.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously where do you get this horrible information? We don't sell? How in the world are you the expert on what Forest reps do? Are you actually basing your facts on simply where you live? My division is not perfect, but i will say without exception we are ethical and do the right things. The average tenure on our team is 9 years and generally our docs really like our reps in our division. Do i think its like this everywhere? No, but how can u make such a blanket statement?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bro-this isn't horrible information-it's the reality of perception. I've worked with some great folks at Forest too but it's naive to think that the culture of your team overrides a national perception. It's true.