Do "older" reps stand a chance?

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sure, you never applied but have so much interest that you post here day and night with your expertise on a sales force you have never met, but have looked at on linkedin?

you are some kinda butthurt. really sorry you didn't get a call back but enjoy your big pharma world with your reach and frequency quotas, your roommates, your stale meetings, your crushing culture. sounds fun. oh, and enjoy making your number with your 12 year old product - guess who make the money - you or the company?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me, biologic reps make way more than you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the posters point was that are many biologic reps that post here, but let me answer some of your inaccurate points.
    1. Biologic reps don't work on reach and frequency. We have large territories and are treated like adults. (A strange concept for you, coming from primary care)
    2. Biologic reps don't have roommates at meetings. Once again, we are treated like adults.
    3. Biologic reps make more in salary, bonus, etc. than either your immunology reps or managers.

Your immaturity and lack of understanding comes across in your posts and signals how you will act in the field.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot:

4. Biologics reps are so good, make so much money, are so technically savvy, and are such adults that they spend time stalking an anonymous message board for a company they have no fear of, no respect for and don't see as any threat.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on the title of the post "how old is considered old in this company? Thanks

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would guess college grad before 2000

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say 2004 that's 10 yrs post college.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

37= old
    40= fossil old

Based on what I've read they are ready to send you to home care at this point unreal

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked at Celgene for 8 years on the oncology side. I think that you are missing the point that the biologic reps are trying to make. Unless you have worked oncology, few people would believe the money that we make, or how well connected we are with our oncologists. Biologic reps in other disease states (rheumatology, MS, etc.) also make very good money and have long-standing relationships with their physicians. I go onto CF to read posts about my company and my competition. It makes sense that your competition is doing the same thing. I wish you luck in your launch. If you do well, my stock options do well. Don't underestimate your competition, their relationships, or experience.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well said!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of curse the pay in I&I will not be as high as Oncology, but anywhere you can get a 6 figure salary for a half days work is pretty damn good in pharma

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That wasn't the point. The point was that you competition (the biologic reps) are experienced, know the disease state very well and have strong relationships with the rheumatologists. If you underestimate the strengths of your competitors, and act in front of your customers in the same way you act on this board, you will be crushed in the field. As a Celgene employee, I don't want that to happen.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

U take your job too seriously

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My career at Celgene (and in biotech in general) has provided a level of financial independence that most people do not have. My house and cars are paid off, I have no credit card debt, and my child's college is fully funded. I know that many factors can directly impact my finances, including a successful launch in Immunology. That is not taking my job too seriously - that is looking at my career as a mature adult. Sorry if you don't see the difference. Perhaps that is why you don't work in the Oncology side of the company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

big deal junior, you think that ham'negger shit impresses us? there are folks in this business that spend more money on spilt liquor and bellmen than you make in a year. your life sounds real exciting

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remain pissed. I am a biologics star. I have served over 8 years selling a biologic leader. I have many top 30% finishes. I make more than the primary care reps in our company.

And I still didn't get a damn interview.

I am pissed and I will continue to troll these boards making up shit everywhere.

There's no way the people hired instead of me can compete with biologics stars. No way.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

me too. I did get an interview and two week later I got a HR email saying I wasn't moving forward. How can that be? I have exceeded every single call metric selling Humira. I have been to Chicago on training rotations. I have been an interim DM. I have lead sessions at POA. I have been selling the leading biologic in this space since 2008. I know my docs like the back of my hand.

How could I possibly not move forward? I am not going to stalk these boards like some, but I am going to absolutely destroy your product in the offices. Not fair at all.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"sure, you never applied but have so much interest that you post here day and night with your expertise on a sales force you have never met, but have looked at on linkedin?" THIS IS THE POINT. Live and Let Live --or work. Stop it with the nastiness. People need to work. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That all seems great, but none of that matters. The real question is "what were you like in college?" or "what is your favorite color?" Celgene is looking for important things like that.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad, but true.