URL pharma

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not denying that we as URL reps drank way too much of the Colcrys kool aid. However, Colcrys has a very solid lock down versus a generic coming to market. Dozens of patents to get through. A company already tried last year and was shot down in early litigation. I honestly do not think you have to worry about a generic competitor for years.I think the Takeda team will be pleasantly surprised as they learn more about Colcrys and what was purchased as a whole.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This makes no sense. Growing "market share" would insinuate there are more than one competing products and you are outpacing your competitors on growth. You had no competitor Genius!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck URL sales team. We hope for the best and it will be a nice addition to Takeda if they keep you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not in the mood to name call back so allow me to clarify. There is competition for MS and it comes in the form of NSAIDS and unapproved colchicine that is still widely and vastly available in certain areas of the Country. Unapproved rx's hurt our numbers and bonus potential. When pharmacies were told unapproved Colchicine was being removed, many large chains ordered 40,000-50,000 bottles and continue to share with neighboring cities. The unapproved left-over and available will expire before it runs dry. Hopefully your goals will not include the use of unapproved.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the name of this competition you are speaking of? And which areas still have unapproved colchicine?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our competition was unapproved. It counted against us and our numbers so in an odd way, maybe we were competing against ourselves. If a physician writes for "Colchicine", that is not a guarantee Colcrys will be filled. Colchicine will still be given to the patient if available or the pharmacy will call the prescriber and say colchicine is not available...how about using an NSAID? We had 3 pharmacy calls a day to make and I suggest really continuing to do so. They can really help or hurt your business. The coasts are pretty much dry (97%)but the middle section of the US still has unapproved. Probably impacts 10-15 states pretty hard.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

naaah ... I would fire all of the TPUSA executive team and resplace them with the URL leadership, it is clear that they are smarter and more talented.

I wonder how long it will take TPUSA leadership to fuck up URL? I am guessing sales will be in trouble in a about a year.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Japanese drugmaker Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. said Wednesday it will pay $1.2 billion upfront to buy the U.S. retail electronics company RadioShack.

The deal also may include future performance-based payments. RadioShack is headquartered in Texas, and its lead product line is gold-tipped RCA cables that are no longer available anywhere else, and which is used to serve the late adopter technology segment. The cables brought in more than $430,000 in revenue last year. Takeda expects the deal to close within 6 days.

Takeda is Japan's largest drugmaker, but most of its sales come from the United States. Its product portfolio includes the diabetes treatment Actos, which loses patent protection later this year. It also includes Uloric, a once-daily drug that lowers blood uric acid levels in adults with gout.

RadioShack has long puzzled analysts for its ability to stay in business. Its bizarre selection of analog electronic components, strobe lights and extension cords, and a depressing sales staff make a trip to Best Buy a much more inviting alternative.

Retail electronics analyst Yuichiro Kimura said in a research note the deal was puzzling. The analyst noted that Actos will face competition from cheaper generic products starting in August, so Takeda needs more products or drugs in late-stage development. But he also wrote that he isn't sure "how much value will be brought from the creation of a retail electronics franchise given that even Best Buy is struggling and that Takeda is supposed to be a pharmaceuticals company."

Takeda expects the acquisition to contribute immediately to U.S. sales and "provide a strong long-term source of revenue that complements Takeda's core therapeutic areas in the U.S. business," a spokeswoman said in an email. The spokesman declined to provide his identify.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So this is what Doug was referring to when he talked about expanding our business model. He must have been jetlagged on that last trip to Japan and misunderstood what Yasu was telling him about own, enrich and expand. He got the enrich part right with acquiring URL at least...maybe?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we keep you it will be at the expense of our own reps. Most of which can't sell! As a manager, I marvel at your ability to increase volume of your product. I hope they let us RIF many that are selling Uloric and then hire many of you guys.

Good luck! Make sure to visit the Takeda web site and apply for any openings you are interested in. There are a fair amount of openings that would include selling Uloric.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry to say but there is no solid patent protection after this summer so you may have to compete with another generic besides the saturated unapproved thats already still on the shelves...just looking out for you you guys that you arent blinded as we were

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post by a desperate URL rep.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you crazy? URL ET is clueless about big pharma, they may be good at generics market and bulk discounts.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kaiser still has a big stock of unapproved, although, your (Takeda) numbers probably aren't impacted by Kaiser. In CA there is not many pockets left of unapproved. The biggest challenge now is selling efficacy, new guidelines and standard of care recommendations for prophylaxis, etc. Colcrys is fun to sell because it does work well and the coverage is really good in most areas. Because of formulary coverage, your job will be much easier. As URL reps, we are being fed a BUNCH of crap to keep us in the field and out of the home office applying for jobs. I hope my fellow URL contract reps are smarter than that. Look out for yourselves, and don't drink the Kool-Aid!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. I would love to lop off over half of my reps selling uloric and hire URL reps. They kicked ass moving a product that is more difficult to sell than Uloric. Not sure how the purchase will be handled, but I vote for allowing managers to rif uloric reps in favor of URL reps if they want.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone keeps saying how tough Colcrys is to sell, but the truth is that it has not been that hard. Yes, there were a lot of angry docs, but most of them continued to write Colcrys because they understand that there is no real alternative. The percentage of docs who truly had to be "sold" on Colcrys is much smaller than those who continued to write because they already used colchicine. Yes, there was a lot PR work that had to be done, but Colcrys sold itself in most cases. There are very few docs who never wrote colchicine and now write Colcrys.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nice post URL!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the contract will be kept.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right wishful thinking