Urology

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking at a position in Urology. Can anyone give me insight into the division? How does Bard and Cook measure up to Boston? I don't want to go into another situation which puts me at a disadvantage because of limited r&d, no contracts etc...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like any company it depends on where the territory is and if you are any good. Urology is a good field, just not real sexy. It is on the lower end them of totem pole of docs when it comes to them getting what they want at a hospital. BSX has a great portfolio, but they are the most expensive. Cook has decent stuff too, a large offering, and usually middle of the road pricing. They pay their reps crap money though. Bard has some good products, good contract positioning, but may not have everything BSX or Cook can offer. They can however handle the high demands items - Stents, balloons, baskets, ureteral catheters, and some guide wires. Bard can get aggressive on pricing. Bottom line, if you can sell, you can sell any of the lines. I would say either gig is entry level and I would be surprised you stay in Urology much more than 5 years. I personally liked the call point, because most of them were pretty cool. If you are talking about a urology position in women's health (selling on those items)- stay away. That market is a shit show now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's wrong with the Urology/women's Health?