Who gets hired as a rep?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2015 at 11:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems that soft candidates trump...what's going on Novartis? Headed downhill...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

externals do

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You would ascertain this, how? Wait... Your Brother's 2nd cousin who is a distant aunt to your former sister's roommate told you.. that makes sense..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No the managers are mostly hiring on fit not experience! My current colleagues are selling to cardiologists right now and have been for years but have been passed over for less experienced primary care reps who are selling testosterone creams, ed pills, diabetes drugs etc. Your managers don't want to be challenged by reps who are smarting than them who have been selling heart failure meds for the past 3 years! Good luck with that!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's makes sense as the best way to hopefully launch a new drug. As sarcastic as it is, the poster is actually right. Sad to say.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was one of the "hand picked" asRichard R claimed from the stage in Dallas. I have never set foot in a cardiologist office before this new mapped position. My previous Novartis assignment has been family practice where some of my fp docs only know how to put their stethoscope on the chest to hear for "thumps". My point is yes Novartis did skip over more experienced cardiology experienced reps to keep us lower paid reps. If the drug flounders, we were less expensive to keep for awhile. I believe most of us "hand picked" will be gone at the end of the year or end of August when Exelon Patch goes generic and since the the HF drug will be one big dud in the end. Don't kid yourself folks we are all here riding the last few Patch money. If you want to accept a rep position here I warn you noe it will be a short ride. DO NOT buy a house, a car, an expensive vacation etc cause you will not have a long term job here to pay for it. Make sure your spouse or significant other is working in a different industry. Sorry, the truth!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewed and was passed over for rep with half the experience. Smart move dopey manager. When your territory flops look in the mirror.....crap results and a laggard pin for your jacket.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes you are so good only you can sell the drug ha ha ha. Get over yourself you are nothing but a dopey rep. Do you really think a Harvard educated doctor cares about what you have to say.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It takes a strong and confident manager to hire the best candidate. Unfortunately, some managers would rather have mediocrity than the best results. Says more about the manager than the rep.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey externals. Get over yourself. You all talk about relationships. What kind?? I have been in this industry for many years and lots of reps talk about the great relationships they have. Yes they may know the dr and staff and what he likes for lunch but rarely do I hear reps talking about relationships that turn scripts. Why? Cause many reps don't have them. Btw, I have also seen many external reps hired and then leave or get fired because they can't hack the culture here at Novartis.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have worked for the biggest and the best. Get over youself, we know as much about the relationships, hacking different cultures and making plan as you do. Good people are looking for jobs here and everywhere.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on. If we were to base our perspective about Novartis or any other pharma/biotech company on Cafepharma posts, one would quickly surmise that the sky is falling at every company and "the best" reps with "the greatest" relationships are always the ones being passed over in favor of externals.. believe it or not, there are both internal and external candidates that value being here..

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't that the truth! Anyone looking to base their decision to come to Novartis or any other company based on this diluted site should have their head examined... Comprised largely of whiners, trolls and underachievers..