You'll never, ever replace your salary

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by JustAbout, Jan 16, 2007 at 10:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. JustAbout

JustAbout Guest

You'll never, ever replace your salary. I went from a DSM to rep after 10 years, and had to take a 25% paycut. Your longevity at PFE is of NO value to anyone else.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

someone's angry. shouldn't have been living beyond your means, idiot-boy. read the book "the millionaire next door" and get on with your life. probably got all sorts of stuff you don't REALLY need or have the time to fully enjoy, huh?

start contributing 10% of your "hard-earned" salary to your church and see how much your life improves.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, thank you for the nice, helpful post.....LOSER!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this apply to my mosque?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Strike fear into the hearts of the intrepid who dare to look outside of Pfizer?
    or just some outsider looking in and trying to cause trouble?

Your statement should say at least match not replace. And what no other company could match your overinflated DM salary or there were no DM positions in the trailer park?

peddle along. People will look to see what opportunities there are outside of Pfizer.

Remember the line for the lifeboats starts on the left, please no pushing or shoving.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get over it looser, and find a real job! My mom, who is 64 yr's old, made 195K this year selling advertising.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you are a church going fellow are you? Please tell me that you are
    NOT a Christian? If you are, please do not proclaim yourself to be.
    You are a shameful example. The poster states the obvious TRUTH
    and you call him an " idiot-boy"?

The poster makes NO claim of being in any financial trouble. He
    talks about a 25% pay cut.

Maybe he has been giving money to the church
    already. How do you know anything about him? You have NO logic.

Jeff Kindler did not take a paycut this year. Pfizer doubled his
    compensation. Maybe you should preach to him about taking money
    from a failing company.

8. k. couric

k. couric Guest

i can sell my lovely body...peel me like a grape

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Severed, hired with new company, 105k starting salary. Not bad.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess what Gomer Pyle............I am the millionaire next door. I learned, loyalty doesn't mean a thing..............it's the numbers stupid......

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll never, ever replace your salary. I went from a DSM to rep after 10 years, and had to take a 25% paycut. Your longevity at PFE is of NO value to anyone else.

On paper, right? HA!

The op's angry... and he probably IS or HAS BEEN living beyond his means. Otherwise, why would he be so upset? He's surely upset at something: "... had to take...." Did he HAVE to take it? Did he look in other industries? Did he barter w/ PFE? Longevity at PFE has nothing to do with anyone else; it's its own entity.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, in the bank, liquid assets. Mortgage paid, 75K paid cars in the garage.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so true

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad fact is the majority of the displaced reps will NOT be earning what they had a Pfizer unless they redefine themselves.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

your right, i got a raise and a signing bonus. Just waiting for my severance to complet the trifecta!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OP is absolutely correct. You will take a pay cut. everyone disregards Pfizer at other companies. doctors hate you guys. good luck. you treated king and wyeth like shit. u will all be gone soon.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot Pharmacia.....Pfizer treated them poorly also.....so glad many of my Pharmacia colleagues are enjoying much more fruitful and prosperous careers now.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have to say you are a millionaire..I bet you're not even close. People with money don't have to say they have money. Your comment was classless and self-serving. Now supersize my order.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok seriously this is just crazy. Down sized December 21 after 10 good years. No hatred just time to move on.
    !!!!!Start a new device job next week, 25% higher base pay, potential to earn base again in commission.
    My Pfizer experience was considered a plus since 4of5 top performing reps were former Pfizer.
    I want to stress that since I'm over 50 I did have significant experience prior to Pfizer but in no way was my Pfizer time an impediment.
    So to hell with these doomsayers, I had multiple opportunities all at a higher base.
    One tip, do work with Right Management. No you won't need everything they have but you'd be surprised how just a 'nugget' of something you didn't know can polish your presentation.

Much success
    i'm audi 5000 and gone, zoom, zoom

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Complete bullshit!