Pfizer Contract?

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 'Town Hall' meeting is set for Friday, hopefully there will be some word as to if the contract will get extended or not.

Does anyone have any thoughts if it will get extended past June?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When did you hear about a Town Hall call on Friday?

Yes, I do think the contract will be extended as they are still hiring and sending P4's to training. My hope is Pfizer is having a better than expected ROI and will expand the contract to other business units. There has never been so many experienced reps out of work who would now be willing to as a Hospital, Institutional, Long-Term Care, Vaccines, and other specialty units as a co-employed by Pfizer.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This contract is so bad. The Pfizer DMs and the Pfizer reps are trying their best to sabotage us. I've heard from many of the folks I trained with, that the DMs are just messing with their starters, limiting the calls lists, cutting off lunch funds, ect...

We could be a great resource if they would just let us help them, and do our jobs, but that's not the case.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they ever do something stupid to me, I will be ready with a lawyer.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I face much the same - My Pfizer DM is very sneaky and is doing his best to throw cold water on most anyting that we do. The reps are fearful that if there are any more Pfizer cuts, it will be them, so they are also backstabbing whenever possible. Limiting call lists, false accusations, and just being difficult to work with are a few of the things I have experienced.

The Pfizer culture is very messed up - There are a few good people, but they are far and few between. I basically just go and do my job and try to ignore the BS.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does Pfizer upper management allow the managers to undermine the efforts of the P4 reps? Are they really that out of touch with what is going on in the field? Pfizer is spending millions on this contract, and the local DMs are wasting this effort.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was hired early on for this contract. I can not even begin to tell you the nonsense that went on, I not only complained to my Publicis manager but Pfizer DM as well. My lists were changed to doctors that were no sees, lunch only doctors, clinics that don't allow reps and the list goes on. I was kept out of offices being told that there are too many reps going there, when in all actuality they were lucky to be hit once a month. My product and territory changed to fill in gaps of missing reps, the whole thing was illegal and degrading and certainly not the reason Pfizer brought us on. Needless to say I am not longer with the company and was basically forced out because I would not be dealt all the shit. Not to mention we were given specific targets for business reasons in which are sales quota was already applied = no bonus.

Do you think they realize what's going on in the field, would love to contact the person at the top of this contract, any ideas???

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with everything you stated, but the only thing you can do is look for another job.

Unfortunately, there are no other jobs.

Welcome to CHANGE.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The folks at the top probably do know, and just don't care. The purpose of adding contract sales rep is so that they can tell investors how many field reps the company has. Success is not important, it's all corporate BS.

If you want some action, get in touch with some of the big Pfizer stock holders. They are the ones who would care.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. We must have the same DBM.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word when our contract is up officially? I have heard any where from march to june. I have lipitor and rumors say that a team people will be gone and b team will be kept.