Pfizer Contract Extension?

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Mar 26, 2011 at 6:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, we haven’t heard any definite news on the extension of the Pfizer contract. One thing that I find interesting is that the King reps are testing on Celebrex and Lyrica. Which I guess makes sense to have a bag that has a pain focus. The problem is that there are Pfizer rep carrying it, myself a contract rep carrying it and a King rep now too? Obviously someone has got to go because it doesn’t make sense to have 3 people carrying the same products in a territory. So the million dollar question is who is going to go? With the wording that was used on our town hall meeting, it is the “intent” that “many” reps will continue with the contract; I am starting to think it may be us on the contract. Any input or thoughts from other reps who carry Bag B on the Pfizer contract? If we are kept, maybe we will carry different products? But that would mean more training for an extension that will go till the end of the year??? When do you think they will let us know? Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It could go either way. My thinking is that there are plenty of sales jobs that pay a similiar amount and you will be treated with more respect, more like an adult.

Getting treated like a child in pharma is getting old.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was thinking the same thing.

It makes sense to keep the A bag reps around until the end of the year with Lipitor. And why would they be training King reps if they were planning to lay them off right away?

I guess we need to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its more like plan for the worst because the worst is coming. This contract will end eventually.

More importantly, this is the time to work on building your confidence and selling skills and ability to get you balls or courage or whatever into play.

In pharma, its all about office politics. I see so many average people get promoted, people who are fucking clueless in the offices, but the manager like them or the impression is that they have talent, despite the fact that the doctors don't even respect them or they have no true selling ability.

Its all a fucking joke anyway, this corporate bullshit. The only way to get out is to find a job where you are treated like a professional, and in pharma sales, that is never going to be the case, because they can treat us like shit because they have so many applicants.

I say, fuck pharma, and do something with something more dynamic with your life or at least sell something where you have more opportunity to do some with an entrepreneural spirit.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All quiet on the contract side with no questions allowed on the town hall. New training for the King folks. My guess is that it's over. I have been wrong before but just looks bleek.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also think that the end of the contract is closer than any of the Publicis "higher ups' will admit.

Here are the reasons why:

1. The King Reps being trained on Celebrex/Lyrica - Not a good sign

2. The A Side reps only having Chantix and Toviaz in their bags after Lipitor is 'over' - Pfizer will not just throw them out on the street - They will take any remaining P4 positions (if any are left after June) and/or go head to head with the King reps for newly defined postions in a restructured Pfizer.

3. The Town Hall was just a carrot on a stick - Publicis management knows the gig is up but if they showed their card's now nobody would be working and they could lose alot of money in the contract as many reps would jump ship if the knew it was over for certain.

Bottom line - It is easier to find a job while you still have one - Start cranking out resumes and make plans for the post Pfizer contract come June. Until then, do the bare minimum to keep your head above water and collect a paycheck. Publicis gets what they give, and in this case, they are pulling the wool over our eyes. I can see clearly now.

The extension is a pipedream.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

P4 is being Pfucked. By Pfizer.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

King reps are being trained on Lyrica and Celebrex as a hedge right now as the only drug they have is Flector Patch a product so small that it is only worth 5% weighting to the Pfizer reps. Lyrica and Celebrex will keep the King reps busy till June when they hope one of two of the new opiods is approved then they will be completely focused on that launch (it is an engineered oxycontin/morphine pill that can't be tampered with or abused). If the pain meds are delayed for an extended length of time the King reps might be very vulnerable.

The loss of Lipitor is the stinky elephant in the room. Do you really think that Pfizer won't down-size to account for that loss? Eliminate P4's that are less expensive and now know the business and the Pfizer culture?? Ian Read was the mastermind behind the contract initiative he is committed to the contract paradigm. The renaming of P4Net to CSONet is further indication that Pfizer is in for the long haul with contract reps.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... More Kool-aide please. Thanks for you positive outlook CD.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The longer it goes without word, the more likely it is that we are gone!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

P4 contract will be extended but many current P4 reps will not. King reps will be in the Pfizer structure in May. Q4 Pristiq and Spiriva are moving to the A cluster as will some current B cluster reps. In certain geographies where King is well represented, P4 reps will not be extended.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BINGO.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard anything? We are approaching mid-April with no definite answer as to if we will have a job after the end of June. What is going on and when will they announce it? I know they already know the plan!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have heard it is going to end the end of June but also was told that there is a possibility that some will be kept until the end of 2011.??????

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what about the vaccine people? aren't they set to expire too?