KAM

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Nov 2, 2014 at 8:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the rumor in New Jersey office is that the KAMS are going to be reduced to six nationally. After targeted surveying by selected customers, the company has decided to reduce the amount of KAMs. Likely will happen second quarter 2015. They are too expensive and are not bringing any real sales value. They are basically just another voice and good ole' Actavis doesn't like to spend unnecessarily. Apparently some DM's chimed in too that the position was basically like adding a rep to certain accounts. Actavis should structure KAM role how real companies do it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can think of a couple of KAMs that are worthless

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope this is true. The fact they promoted Actavis reps into the KaM role, without any hospital experience is just as idiotic as putting SB at the helm with just a little DM experience. There are too many of them. We need 6 to 8 tops.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldnt understand the need for the expansion in the first place

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buhl must go.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i hear at cubist and meds co there is a list of people from forest that are blacklisted to ever come over based on so many comments here and new people that have joined.
    pretty much SB is on the top of that list everywhere!
    and yes, my dm told me last week his corporate friend said they are working on "slowly dissolving KAM role" because it is a waste of money
    Actavis likes it cheap!
    apparently durata access people are more connected and they plan to bring them in and take over anything that a kam can do

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I head the same today. Was just coming on here to post about it. Also heard 6-8 and no more Buhl. No more buhlshit!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many KAMs are there now?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow can someone please state their source? Is this true?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The KAM role has been misdirected for sometime. The KAM was put into a role to influence million / billion dollar health care organizations. The focus on delivery systems was a model due to fail. Integrated delivery systems could careless about pharma. They are concerned with employer groups and HMO reimbursement contracts. Pharma is way down the page.

Seriously what is a KAM going to serve up to Medical Director of massive medical group?

I am not being mean. They are talented, I do not buy the pajama RAM / KAM stories.

However, when you get into a major metro area and enter a large medical group making it by the angry lady at huge wood desk.

The mistake is based on the fact that medical groups have little to no skin in the pharma game and are not an insurance company.

Being sent out to influence a medical group with grand idea and a sales binder is a recipe for failure. Yet, do not be surprised when you get called around the Holiday Season by a secretary within the medical group regarding sponsoring the Christmas party.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above post is so true!!!!
    That's why the KAMs here are on the way out. Won't be announced for a while....but you'll see it by second quarter of 2015.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deep insider here: This post is uncategorizingly untrue. The KAM's are hired to work with Dalvance reimbursement and CZ disease state pathway.

They will be a massive help in two months. Count on it. You'll be begging for their help

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are not old Merck / Pfizer that would throw money at ideas. There is little to no gain in working with integrated systems. We are of little value to them. When they need assistance they go to McKinsey, big six firm or university. They do not need to work pharma in any way shape or form.

Disease state management is an old game that was suppose to be an added value. Today the information and programs are available on line.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL

That is what they are bringing on the Durata people for with ACTUAL reimbursement experience. That's who will be helping us. KAMS=adios but apparently they will be offered other open position or good severance.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAMs are staying. Stop the rumor mongering and get a life. You are a loser that is stuck in a rut, bored and trying to scare people.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow struck a cord in someone
    You will see
    Durata reimbursement managers will be taking over
    it's already a done deal

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No striking a chord. I'm not even a Kam. Kams will be needed for these launches, so STFU.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No they won't. With pompous, arrogant attitudes...they will be a hindrance...just another layer of semi-rep/semi-manager with no accountability..and grossly overpaid to boot.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pompous, arrogant? You must have met J Lawson

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

G Ferrell