severance package?

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know a legitimate answer to what DSI offers as a severance package?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe it is 2 weeks per year of service..I believe they pay it out as a lump sum and therefore you can immediately collect unemployment

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's different for sales versus the home office. But the lump sum payout is the same for everyone.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's on the home website in the hr section on policies.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does it say for reps? I'm too lazy too look it up therefore I am a rep.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And if I refuse the severance because I'm going to sue, what do they do?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a lump sum payout in some states will still result in waiting for unemployment based on how long that lump sum was going to cover!! Check with your state.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many weeks is the severance package?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No severance !

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Federal WARN act requires 60 days.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No Severance!!!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No-nothings should keep their mouths shut and pound sand. The WARN act is not severance.

OVERVIEW
    The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) protects workers, their families, and communities by requiring most employers with 100 or more employees to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs.
    Employee entitled to notice under WARN include managers and supervisors, as well as hourly and salaried workers. WARN requires that notice also be given to employees' representatives, the local chief elected official, and the state dislocated worker unit.
    Advance notice gives workers and their families some transition time to adjust to the prospective loss of employment, to seek and obtain other jobs, and, if necessary, to enter skill training or retraining that will allow these workers to compete successfully in the job market.
    Generally, WARN covers employers with 100 or more employees, not counting those who have worked less than six months in the last 12 months and those who work an average of less than 20 hours a week.
    Employees entitled to advance notice under WARN include managers and supervisors as well as hourly and salaried workers.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really excited. Company is paying for Obamacare for six months for those of us that were displaced. Great benefits package. Plus I get to collect unemployment and Obama is giving us a free phone.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It boggles the mind the things posted on this site.
    The DSI Severance Package is posted on the Intranet - any employee can see it at any time. Educate yourself and learn to help yourself a little bit.
    WARN has nothing to do with US... it's a notification to Dept of Labor that companies MUST do if laying off a certain % of employees. No clue why anyone would bring it up. It doesn't impact the employees or impacted employees in a layoff.
    For those still left- Good luck today as you learn the new order of things. To those of us who were laid off yesterday -- Good Luck in your job searches. Wish there was a way for us to network.
    To those complaining about the package- wake up. In this day and in this economy, companies don't HAVE to offer severance at all. Plus the standard across ALL industries is TWO WEEKS PER YEAR. DSI starts with a MINIMUM of 8 weeks. Open your eyes an figure out that you are not ENTITLED to anything and learn to be grateful for what you HAVE! DSI is in trouble, and it may not be a fun place to be anymore, but stop whining about how horrible the package is because in reality, it's pretty damned generous.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if they are allowing severance packages for voluneers to leave instead of waiting for doomsday in April?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right, DSI is a Japanese company and exempt from US Federal laws. Thank you legal eagle.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Daiichi may be a Japanese company but we work for the U.S. Subsidiary. Of course we have to follow U.S. Federal laws as does any foreign entity operating within the U.S. . I'm not insinuating that they owe us anything.... Just saying that it's asinine to say DSI doesn't follow federal laws cause were Japanese. "Sorry FDA, I don think I want to follow your savaysa black box warning... After all were Japanese based so we don't have to follow federal laws". Idiot