ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine.......
    Some good points regarding up to 26 on parents plan, some elder cost controls, no pre-exisiting denials, kid coverage....... but little else.

Higher taxes despite Mr. O's promise not to raise taxes.....I'll add much higher....(one more step toward tickle down poverty for the working class)

Worsening of costs for (good quality) policy coverage..... high quality plans will be untouchable by the working class.....Think their beyond reach now? Wait.

Diluted basic health care......care goes downhill, lines and waits for care....unless you have a bank roll of money (1% ers) to pay cash, out of pocket, or for a premier policy it will not be pretty.........

National debt......massive new increases......impacting future generations big time.

More employment set backs.....less new hiring....especially small businesses.

Many employers will opt for the fine.......so tough luck to many employees on thinking they will be getting insurance through the job.

I'll take the republican plan...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of population will be covered by Medicaid and Medicare. Margins will shrink considerably and cotracting with government will rule the landscape. not much need for PC reps.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what about the working age w/o coverage?

.....not so poor and not 65.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

must buy insurance or be placed into a state sponsored for which you will be taxed $4K-$6K/year

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep....cheaper insurance (what most middle class will barely afford.....probably $500 pp month) = poor coverage, massive deductibles.........

Normal coverage .....unaffordable for most middle class.....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God bless our President

Insurance can't deny my son's pre-existing cancer which has robbed our family's security. We cried today.

Be grateful if your family has never had catastrophic illness

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To Post #2
    "I'll take the Republican plan" WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN PLAN!!!! Don't hear Romney talking about what he proposes to do to solve the helthcare crisis...oh, is that Romney/Obama care?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A major Republican proposal is intrastate sales / purchasing of health plans = quality plans at very competitive prices = happy consumer public who get to choose their plan, coverage and who will give them care ...............no government telling us who and what care we receive...

ps. we can not buy plans across states now....

..........they also want tax credits for your own insurance purchase plan......sweet for most of us already over taxed Americans !!!

:)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Obamacare" must be repealed....costs will sky-rocket for the middle class, and we'll get far less than what we are currently receiving. Not only that, many will lose employer-sponsored healthcare coverage, as companies opt out (i.e., deciding to pay the fine rather than the much more expensive coverage) which will force people into the single-payer government healthcare system (that will be a nightmare...death panels, rationing, all the fraud and corruption that is present in anything the government touches).

The people will speak at the ballot box on November 6th. "Obamacare" was shoved down our throats by Reid and Pelosi, and now by Justice Roberts (who re-wrote the statue to uphold it! What is that all about???! What happened to the Constitution???!) This is democracy? This is following the will of the people? It's time to take back our country, our liberty. Vote for Romney, who will "repeal and replace". There are far superior solutions to our healthcare issues: tort reform, purchasing healthcare in an open-market (across state lines).

BTW, If Obama is re-elected, "Obamacare" is only the tip of the iceberg....I shudder to think where we will end up with four more years of this tyranny. Look at the state of our country: a deplorable economy that will only get worse with "Obamacare", a government that advertises on the radio to get more people on food stamps!, a president with no experience in the private sector who either can't (or by design won't!) fix the economy, an unsecured border that continues to drain weary middle-class taxpayers.....it doesn't take much of a stretch of the imagination to think of Obama as the next Chavez. This is where "hope and change" will take us. Be afraid....be very afraid!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Supreme Court didn't save us from Obama....so we, the people, have to save us from Obama. VOTE FOR ROMNEY!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above is so true. Wake from your snooze America. The country you knew growing up is being transformed before your very eyes.......

.....save this country from its transformation to the land of the less than free.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very sorry about your son. But you are mistaken to think that Obamacare is the answer for cancer patients. Government healthcare will impose "caps", and eventually money will run out. Far better to seek solutions via legislation involving the private enterprise, free-market system, where there is greater efficiency, less waste and fraud. This is what Romney wants to do. I hope to God he will be given the opportunity to do so.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical Republican scare tactics. The Supreme Court has spoken. The wrecked economy was the product of George W and a recent poll of Republicans concurred. Obama is here to stay. Wom his election by mandate and will again.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of us may not be too happy if this eventually lead to resemble something like the Canadian system. Rationing for everything. Better luck if it is a common illness. Good luck and wait and hope if it is rare or the outcome is not that great. My friends have to put their names on a waiting list for cataract surgery. Wait, then got called in to get one eye done. Then waited again. Surgery was done in an almost office setting with minimal medications. You will call our outpatient cataract surgery in the States a Cadillac approach versus theirs.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look to Canada, England and other countries for the model of healthcare that will arrive from Obamacare. Waits, lines and limits......bare bones coverage will be the national plan....most will be shuttled into this plan....

No more call the doctor and go in for high qaulity or immediate care. We already know there are major shortages of MDs.....it will be far worse. Do you think the best docs you have now now will work for government level wages? Already 50% of docs will not accept medicare, even less run a medicaid practice....

Go to an urban clinic....Thank Obama when you eventually sit along the wall and wait....you are a fool if you relish that care. Wake up and make rational choices. At elections vote for those who have the knowledge, skill and experience. In this case it is Romney and republicans who will help us maintain our national freedoms and enable us to have the highest quality of care at affordable prices.....Instead, it sounds like you are voting for O because he is a color you like.....shame on you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Supreme Court doesn't have the final say. The people do--and they will be heard on Nov 6th. Obama will be a one-term president. We will sing "na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey, GOODBYE!" He will be kicked to the curb. Michelle, start packing, and start planning on paying for your own vacations to Spain, Martha's Vineyard, NYC, etc. Wonder if Sarah Jessica Parker will have you and Barack over again when you no longer occupy the White House? Will we still see you on The View and the Ellen DeGeneres show? Can't wait to see respectablility return to the White House.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obama is the people's Prrdident. Bush ruined this country and even Republicans have agreed. So sorry

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its not obamacare it's obamatax--
    The supremes said so

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To post #7 Agreed. My husband is in remission from cancer and my sis in law has CF. The relief to know they can't be DENIED coverage is a huge . Yes we may have to pay more , but to post #13 there can be no caps on treatment. You are right that there is change coming in this medical system. In Australia there is no post chemo follow up for remission via scans (NO PET, NO CT) you are monitored via blood tests and physical exams. I have this right from the minister of health from Australia (she's a family member). I am grateful for coverage and never take it for granted and I will work to make sure my family has the best care possible