Cardinals new wound care solutions group? Innovative therapies takeover

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was contacted about a role in the midwest for the new wound care solutions group as part of a takeover of innovative therapies inc. to sell negative pressure wound care therapies.

Any info on this new group, product etc.? How does it compete with KCI? I looked into this a year or two back when Smith and Nephew tried to go toe to toe with KCI in NPWT and I believe they're getting crushed.

Any idea on comp and benefits?

Thanks for the help.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHAHA... its VERY NEGATIVE wound pressure. If you like pain and frustration you will be very happy!

RIP- PICO

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you talking about PICO or the ITI product?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ITI product. Any insight on the current market penetration or which IDNs have brought it in? Base Compensation? Car policy? Any insight would be great. Would like to have some background from insiders before initial interview. (no I am not trolling from a competitive company, just considering the position).
    Thank you

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you for real? Do you not see the shit on this board? Asking for market penetration is odd...this call point must be totally foreign to you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did not think that was an odd question. Just asking what Cardinal's Negative Pressure product adoption looks like. Why is that odd? How does it stack up against KCI or S&N? Business Model looks good so how are hospital systems responding? I know this space has been a challenge as KCI has generally owned it. So?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow... either a fucking moron coming here to get answers or you are a scared rep from KCI. On second thought, I'm pretty sure both apply. Get a job with a drive up window.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not from any competitor so maybe just the "moron" as you articulated so nicely. Unfortunate for your organization that they employ such positive, supportive people. I happen to understand all to well how you could be very unhappy with your job, as I have been like you but decided to make a change instead of hating my job everyday. I was just looking for adults to offer any enlightenment. My mistake.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^ feel better? SMH

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No idea what you are talking about. Really, I am not trying to be covert at all. I don't do that. Just someone looking for possible employment. Nothing more. Believe me, I came from a bad company - that previously was great. Change happens and I am just trying to get as much information as I can to make informed decisions. Thanks

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As you can see man, the current environment of Cardinal is dicey. Look around at all the threads on this board. Lots of changes and company trying to find its footing. This division probably not the best to dive into right now. Maybe look at other departments within Cardinal if there are openings in your location. Just my 2 cents if you're trying to work here.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PLEASE DON'T GO AWAY MAD, JUST GO AWAY. I HEAR MEDLINE IS HIRING LOWER IQ RANGE CANDIDATES. DO YOU NEED CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THEIR HR DIRECTOR?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the mature advice. I understand what you are saying. I have recently been through enough corporate unrest to last me a decade.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that IS funny! A bit harsh as they actually do have some pretty good reps, if you can put up with everything that goes along with the job. At least they are working and trying. To each his own.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know this response is way late, but hopefully it will help future candidates for this role. Innovative Therapies (Cardinal Health) has GREAT products in the SVED and Quantum that provide the same outcomes (even better in some controlled studies with simultaneous irrigation) but is less expensive than KCI. We (Yes, I say We) used to compete very well against KCI and took a lot of marketshare away from them. Unfortunately we had no support. The problem with ITI/Cardinal is that leadership has their head's up their asses and have no clue what they are doing. My advice... if Jay Farris and Scott Moore are still in leadership roles then run away as fast as you can. They are major blowhards and ass clowns that only got in their positions because of their friendship with the COO Matt Dambeck who is actually a very smart guy. S&N is no longer in the marketplace due to a recall of their device which they never could bounce back from.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this post. As you can see - we have a very unhappy sales force here. ITI has a decent product, but our strategy and leadership will ruin any chance of successful growth. From a comp perspective, you will be promised too much without a realistic shot of actually achieving it. You will be offered a 6 month guarantee, then the bottom drops out. There has been massive turnover in the sales force due to unrealistic targets, inability to make any money, and terrible leadership. There are a few good managers left - but few. Senior leadership has an untrustworthy, insecure and nasty guy at the top, and until the head of that snake is removed, there is no chance for improvement. That has lead to a very negative and mistrustful environment. Too many young, inexperienced reps being hired, which contributes to creating a bad reputation for Cardinal with our customers. That is my honest assessment. Just beware that you are joining a company that has significant restructuring ahead, though the denial is vehement. The current disaster that resulted from a reorg last summer has ruined much - so know what you are signing up for.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ITI has a good product that can compete if the right plan is in place. Comp is the biggest problem. Unless things have changed base was $45K, $600 month car allowance that will not come close to covering the your territory, at least it did not for me. WAY TO AGGRESSIVE of a growth plan so any commission is very hard to get and stay at plan. Below 80% and you will not get paid that month and you are living of your $45,000 base. They do have a contract with Select Speciality Hospital so if you have a territory with an abundance of these accounts and they are busy than you are golden. The top reps would close hardly any new business, 0 new business in some instances and be close to 100% to plan while other territories were closing the most new business and would not sniff a comission check. I personally never had an issue with the above montioned upper managment and of course things could always be run better. If you bust your hump, have a good ASR and grind you can convert SNF's with ease and some small hospitals. GPO's are an issue when going after the big accounts and they will expect you to get business at these larger hospitals even though it is impossible since you are selling off contract. If you are looking to get in the industry and want to grind to make a name for yourself it could be a good opportunity, just be prepard not to be paid for it. Things may be different now that they are under the Cardinal name and might have some more GPO's in place. When push comes to shove you are going head to head with a monster in KCI, but they burn a lot of bridges and thats were you have opportunity.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's so funny how Cardinal can barely wet their toes and all of a sudden they think they can compete against the leading share company on the market. Yeah, would be nice to sample some of those drugs! The only thing Cardinal has gone big on recently is Cordis, which of course is a complete mystery considering that Cordis is in a rapidly declining market, and was one of the poorest performers at J&J. DC must have made a deal with the devil to think he can resurrect this turd.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am also interviewing for a sales position in the new Cardinal Health Wound Care division. Have things changed since the last postings? I was told that the base pay is now 55K. Have the car allowance or any Sved GPO affiliations changed for the reps?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The base is $55k now and a company car.