Airwatch on iPad for gps tracking?

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2012 at 6:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do u think? It has the capability to do so.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm wondering the same thing....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its not for tracking its for downloading apps, etc over wireless network in an easier and more efficient manner, I thought the same thing, however I have a pal who works with this stuff and it basically offers a more secure way to get info over wireless networks
    I still put my I pad in a box covered with foil though.....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do the same but there is GPS in the car so what good does it really do. At least there was in my old car. Have to look in the new one I just got. Had a friend who owned a business installing them. It was under my driver's seat......about the size of a carton of cigs. He verified that's what it was.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pizza hut lined delivery box works great. Yes they are going to be looking at tracking usage. That is how they know if reps are actually using the thing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm pretty sure they would have to tell you if they were tracking you since you park it on your property, not company property at night. You wouldn't have to agree necessarily(you could quit) but they would have to disclose it to you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Ty high??

Wolfpack??

really??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever the purpose of the app, I know for a fact they can access your system anytime anywhere and tell exactly what you have done with it and where you have gone. Don't know if it's for tracking per se, but the IT people will tell you the level of access to your activities they have. There's a built in GPS product for "locating" lost ipads. That's their way of legitimizing it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ty Sparks? is he actually still working at abt?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they are watching a certain number of reps

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Google "what is the Airwatch app for?" and you'll be surprised. It can send GPS data, but also track use frequency of iPad apps, times, list all apps on a system, and more. A master console can request this data at any time. Turning cellular data off does no good because it uses the built in Apple locator system ( the one used to track a lost or stolen iPad or iPhone ).

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to the Airwatch site and read about Robust Repoting and intelligent Utilization. Airwatch is an electronic ankle bracelet.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

question: why put in covered box? Why not just leave it home? Also, I'd think you can easily put iin airplane mode, as many offices and hosps have signs "please do not use cell phone in office", and the 3g signals on these things require a cell phone #, tower etc, same as a
    phone. I'd like to believe you that airwatch is for more secue downloads, but psychologically it feels more like an ankle bracelet environment.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course they are tracking us, now is the time to start getting rid of people and this will be a very useful tool for Abbott. See ya!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The main thins is it allows a remote wipe of all data in case an iPad is lost or stolen.

of course it does allow for many other things such as obtaining browsing history, location data, frequency of use etc... but these are things that you would need to be flagged for... not something that is actively monitored for everyone.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can airwatch view safari history?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is that on the Discovery channel ?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, I think it's Animal Planet.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to make sure under 'settings', under ' location services', that it is turned to off-you will see when you read.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope.