"Just speculation"

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I spoke to my manager this week while on a field ride. I asked him if he thought there would be any major changes THIS year. He asked me "Is there any particular reason you ask?" I told him it has been discussed in the field and lots of rumors that we are just being told to focus for this year but could still have layoffs before year end. I asked him to be candid for real- I am here for the long haul.
    As expected: His response was that the rumors are "JUST SPECULATION" with no concrete proof of what is going to happen. However, he did say, the organizational levels are still being decided. He feels ELT is being as transparent as they can be. He said that he feels there are going to be SHIFTS in various divisions but when they say we are right -sized, it means we have the right number of people. Now we just have to see what spots are open and if people get promoted or transferred. If they do not have a position and do not choose to post for an open position, that may leave them without a position. That means they will be out but another person will have to still fill those open positions.
    He also said the only division he thinks MAY be effected this year is the INSTITUATIONAL group, because they are not disease focused and now there are KAM roles. The primary care teams should be a wash once they shift people into their assigned product divisions, there will be enough spots to go around. He said he doesn't know the DBM roles in these new divisions and he said he will probably know a day or two before we do. They keep them in the loop JUST before they need to tell us. He said that since they announced the next level, they will be interviewing all of November and those vacant positions in the chart will be filled by Thanksgiving. Then, the local levels early December and reps by the third week of December. He must be thinking about it bc he even said how Thanksgiving is late so if they did anything, December could be "fast and furious" so stay focused on getting our goals now in case of disruption after Thanksgiving. (Training, etc,..)
    I know that this gave us no new information but I am getting nervous. I have been here 4 years so I wanted to stick around until a few more years to build my pension until 2017 and 401K. I actually like my job also, believe it or not.
    I know this is all speculation but I like to hear what others are saying, to put the pieces together. It is actually comforting to me to keep talking about it. I know this is a sickness, but it is true. I am right at 101% so I am good if I keep my numbers up and may be safe.
    Thanks for listening ya'll!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand your concerns. Just keep in mind one thing….never believe them when they say they are "right sized". Anyone who has been here in the last 5 years knows that they have lied in the past-more than once! As a former DM I can tell you your boss knows nothing. He is in the dark as much as you are and will find out about a week before you do. Good luck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck from me also. Remember this too: Managers don't really know any more than you know. They just gossip on a higher level and get different stories.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just work as you always do but connect with a recruiter so you are always prepared to interview. Who knows, you may come across a better opportunity. Unfortunately, companies are not as loyal as you are and you need to look out for your own best interest.
    I am in IS and I know for a fact that we are around for another year! They announced today that there will be no reduction in head count thru the 2014 year. There is a place for the skills we have versus just a disease state. I am happy to hear this and plan to stick around also, hoping to retire in 5 years. I hope this gives us a whole new opportunity.
    Good luck! If you are in your twenties, my only suggestion is to take advantage of education assistance to continuously develop your skills. GL

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How bout this...QUIT POSTING very specific info about a Convo with your DM..Don't you think that he/she may browse cafe pharma? There are some major dumb shits in this company aren't there "ya all"?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hee-Hee-Hee, let the newbie learn the hard way! Where are you newbie? OOOOOOh NEWWWWWWBIE!!! Come out, Come out wherever you are! Did you get any more info. to share? We are very thankful for the info you provided. Thank you so much. Any updates would be helpful to all! The more specific the better. No names though, they will be deleted. Just initials, territory, division and products is more than enough.

Thank you, again, truly.