Should I hire on with Pfizer?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can get the job, take it. Consider it additional experience for your future, but I would be wary of building a lifestyle from it. If you're thinking of getting married, starting a family , buying a big house, etc., the security isn't there for that at this time. If pipeline blossoms and you can move into a promising division someday, it may serve you well for years to come. Save, invest, be frugal and it may work out. Keep yourself in a position where if you don't like it, you can leave. Always have a plan B (and C) ready. I have over 30 years, captured a lot of matching funds, a nice pension and a retiree healthcare account. It took many decades of hard work, but I'm at a point where I can be indifferent about layoffs. Again, take it...you may love it and be lucky enough to have a long career or use it as a steppingstone to your next opportunity. Good luck!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. Thanks for feedback from previous two posts. Interviewed recently, went exceedingly well. Over the years, have heard that Pfizer does unreasonable things to their reps (eg, dismissing bottom 20% of ranks each year, etc). That was my original concern. Am in twilight years of sales career and have pension from another large pharma company. May have opportunities with other companies but still working through the process. Final result: sounds like Pfizer is like most companies, just bigger. By the way: predictions were being made of the demise of the face-to-face pharma sales reps when I first went through initial training in the early 90's. The industry rep arms race during the late 90's /early 2000's was insane but... We're still here. Thanks again.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, take the job. The money will be good, the benefits a little above average, zero job security and a horrendous corporate culture. In today's corporate world you're going to get screwed no matter where you work.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perfect description....let me sum it up ....Pfizer sucks! Pharma sucks! But you will make a lot of money doing very little. Pfizer on a scale of 1-10 is about a 3.