Oncology force rankings for calibration

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It means everything you do will continue to get painfully more challenging as the weeks and months drag on with no new product news, updates or funds to make it interesting. You will drive from from account to account and find your skills growing dull. Your antsy manager will grow more overbearing and ridiculous as he is tasked with squeezing more and more blood from a stone. The tasks you put in your plan are all anyone has to cling to so do them as if your job literally depends on it.

Unless you find a way to own it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oncology is in the ruins! Run for the hills! I wish I were still a PCP mgr. Hate it here!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We get screwed because they over promise and then under deliver. In the process they need less reps and we get fired. I would really like to see a careful evaluation of why daco failed. Even for simple minded people like this lowly rep, it does not make sense that millions were spent on studies in patients who did not have the mutation which daco inhibits. Am I missing something here?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer research at its best. How many new products did this superstar organization come out with after spending over $100 billion (that's right $100 billion ) Lipitor dollars over the last 15 years?? I believe the incompetence was documented in a Forbes article. Or was that article about the ELT mess and helicopter commuting and other nonsense. Hard to keep up with this soap opera.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all reps w/in PFE, including those outside of Onc better take a look at what is happening. Restructuring will happen very soon and has been happening at the HQ level for a couple months now. It is a matter of time before the structure of the field, etc will follow.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oncology is not "the place to be" anymore.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relax

BMS has shed itself of their diabetes franchise. Now it is oncology and eliquis. What do you think is going to happen if history can predict the future?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point! So who is responsible for this mismanagement? I know you cannot blame Ian for everything. He cannot really micromanage all his people, but where was Dolsten when they were designing this embarrassing program?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that 2 of the 3 late stage products have failed, I have a feeling that the rumor of BMS being acquired may become a reality.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Words like forced ranking and calibration should be changed for what they really are. Suck ups and ass kissers.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't get all the frustration with calibration. there was no forced ranking, we had calibration just like every year for the last 10 years.

Guess what makes up about 98% of your calibration???? your sales numbers. sucking up to someone won't change your numbers. if you are ranked in bottom third and your dm loves you, guess what, your getting a PM with almost no raise. If your DM hates you and your ranked in top 5%, your getting an EE.

If you are frustrated with your rankings, you need to look at your numbers. Now do you trust the numbers? that's another story.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not always the case with the bottom third. Been part of the process, seen it. Especially if your DM loves you and you have a good reputation among other DMS and RM.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a bad system. There are great companies that use other systems of evaluation. And it's not like Pfizer has been such a top notch company for the last 10 years. It also undermines the very efforts to change the culture that the company wants to do.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean there is something wrong with the OWN IT / no jerks culture here?? Very surprising…sarcasm noted

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all a bunch of BS anyway!!