My boss has another job on the side!

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Oct 14, 2014 at 6:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He sells pain creams on the side is there something wrong with this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know several people here that do that in the south area! Texas and Louisiana is BIG!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More power to him

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop being a damn rat and mind your own.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hell no I won't mind my own. Do you think for one second he wouldn't be having me fired or be on a witch hunt if I were selling something on the side?!?! He makes the rules but they don't apply to him. Arrogant ass.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only thing you will need proof that they are doing it!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've got proof!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I knew of a situation where this happened and somebody went to HR and turned in what they thought was proof. HR then called the company to verify employment and the company responded that they were a 1099 company and nobody was an employee therefore they were not bound to release any info about their "contractors". It ultimately was a case of the managers word against the reps and the company just opted to do nothing with it citing lack of proof.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I have business cards with his name on them. He's screwed.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why are you out to get him? why does it bother you so much? unless he's just a really bad guy and you want vengeance. Otherwise I would advise to let it go.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's a horrible person. Snake. All his reps hate him.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Karma is a beeotch!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is exactly what this rep had but the manager claimed he had no idea where it came from claiming that vista print or anyone with a computer could have made them. The company may have suspected that it was true but they're not going to fire someone with that as their proof source.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's more than a bus card. All someone has to do is google his name and owner and it's all over the internet.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just remember, HR is never on your side. They always side with management. Be careful. It could bite you in the ass big time. If he finds out you dimed him out, it's very hard to prove retaliation...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR on the side that protects the company. Usu they do side w/ management b/c they speak their language and know the system. Crying reps usu don't know how to accurately report stuff.

There are rare cases where the rep won, but usu rep is on loosing side.

This sounds like a weak/difficult to prove case b/c 1099 and nothing can be proven definitevely. HR likely won't do anything other than ask for mgrs side of story. Then likely make a determination that there isn't enough hard evidence to do anything.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If that's all you have, stop. Nothing will happen b/c he will say it's done during off Novartanic working hours.

So he has a website? What does that prove? You need something substantial like a video of him doing this side business during Novartanic work hours. And not just one video, but multiple.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny you would bring videos up. Got me and videos time stamped when his company vehicle is at his side job. Beware of those idiots who think reps are stupid.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have that kind of proof, it definitely sounds like you have something to go on

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just do it already. What are you waiting for? Wait much longer he will just get the severance package anyway. Might already be the case.