Action Required: Increase the size of Districts

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Help us RSDs and Upper Mgmt. Please thin out the district managers and increase the size of districts. We are being swarmed by our DMs who are constantly riding with us and hampering our ability to get out and sell. We are being micromanaged and delegated work that our DMs should be responsible for doing.
    Please do something about this.

- Sales Consulatants

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These DM's get taken to the SAME offices over and over. Most bigger offices don't allow managers.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree 100%. Also need to get rid of the overlay position.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager is a nice person but the ride alongs every 12 days is a little much. Then he complains about being in the same office every ride along. I have fewer and fewer places that I have unrestricted access and even fewer that allow managers in. Again, great person but I start dreading the next ride along as soon as he exits my car from the current one. I think in the 12 reprieve between ride alongs he expects me to create offices or at least access.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In some of my offices the docs and nurses tell my manager what a great rep I am because they think I am on a performance improvement plan since he is with me every two weeks or so. Something has got to change. Most managers have only six or seven reps. If you do the math each manager is probably costing Shionogi at least $150 k with salary, bonus and benefits. Times that by 45 and the managers alone cost almost 7 million. So cut half the managers and use that money to give reps more assess funds. My budget for June is $175. Ridiculous!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duavee has lunches every 3 weeks in an office of 50. Guess my budget...50 bucks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully after the DM reviews management will realize we only need half of them or less. I'm not really sure how some of these DMs even got into management. There's some real nudnik DMs with this company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's simple...it's a third tier kind of company with third tier type of management. Most of these characters wouldn't be managers in more reputable companies.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah like the D.M from CT. timm the troll!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh good , Tim's cowardly ass secret admirer is back!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct. The quality of leadership here is bottom of the barrel. Anyone with real skills or value already left Shionogi. The rest are stuck here with no place else to go. Dumpster of a company.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So one DM leaves a district to go to Jersey and the entire Southeast gets realigned because of it?...How stupid was that? Now many of you have a different "manager" because of it? Glad I'm not down there

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, wow. Who moved to NJ?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. I heard they found out by email about who got moved around. DM's didnt have a chance to call their reps. Great way to communicate with the region.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DISGRACEFUL!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only positive thing I can see is that there is 1 less DM in the South. I was a rep in the south but I'm one of the lucky ones who got laid off. Which DM went to NJ and who got screwed in the realignment?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do what the NY district did!! Never in pharma history has a DM ever lost her entire district!!! All left!

What does that say about leadership or the company?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What it likely says is that Shionogi pays poorly and people decided to run to better opportunities.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My DM has to go. She's a backstaber and talks trash about all of her reps. The only reason she likes me is because I help her do most of her work. She clearly takes advantage of me but I'll do anything to stay on her good side.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

actually knowing most of the reps in that district, it spoke to poor leadership. People leave when leaders are poor and senior leadership ahs no vision. This place is a MESS!
    BTW - that DM lost everyone! a disgrace.