Nephron Updates?

Discussion in 'Nephron Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any Nephron updates? Good, bad or indifferent. Kind of curious what is going on with that place. I am a little surprised it is even still in business. If I remember it correctly when I left it was a complete mess and had no shot if getting any better.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She is swinging the axe again to protect herself from the FDA.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, come on, the FDA - really??? How could they possibly have a problem with a company that photocopies magazine articles about drugs and have its reps go to pharmacies and respiratory therapy departments and call them "studies"? How could the FDA possibly have a problem with promotional material that has no prescribing information on it?? Does the FDA really care if a company trains its sales reps to talk to doctors/pharmacists/respiratory therapists about off-label use?? Why would the FDA care about any of that?? And, if heads are rolling, I recommend the targets simply keep their training materials and promotional materials because if they are contacted by the FDA (or by copyright attorneys regarding the use of actual, published studies without permission of the author) I know a few more heads that will roll and it won't be the reps!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nephron Pharmaceuticals mixed 1 pallet of Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation
    Solution 0.083% with a pallet of Ipratropium Bromide 0.5mg and Albuterol Sulfate
    3mg Inhalation Solution.

At which point these switched pallets were packaged and sent out to be sold. Only when a customer had called Nephron is when they realized the issue at hand.

The owner Lou Kennedy had everyone involved with the event fired. Unfortunately Ms. Kennedy also decided she wanted 50 employees fired or laid off to put the fear of God into the rest so not to have this inside recall come out into the open. She runs fear for keeping the employees silent.

Check their records on how many employee releases their was from late January 2011 through into March.

This mistake is because they do not have the engineers that they say they have to come up with the safeties and proper protocols to keep these things from happening.

No real management was released because of this issue because they work with Ms. Kennedy's management system.

I have only worked there for awhile. But during that time I found so many questionable events that if I ever get ill and have to use this type of medicine I will not use their brand.

I have been told that the FDA calls them ahead of time before their inspection so they can get the right people in place so it looks like they know what their doing.

I would watch them closely because it will be a matter of time where someone will loose their life because of their lack of safety protocols.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not an "inside recall". FDA was notified and everything is being done that Nephron is required to do to rectify the situation.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the fda shut them down for three months.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard wrong.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think so

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The FDA needs to crack down on the upper management or owners. The employees live in fear and follow instructions from a book of SOP's without any real training. Who ever asks questions gets the Kennedy axe.

The mistakes are unbelievable. A few months ago the QA manager got caught hiding NCR's from the company. Wonder if the FDA was notified then. If they only new what real management did this company would be moving in the right direction.

Good luck COPD patients.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If everyone on this post is worried about what the FDA does and does not know maybe you need to contact them. And for those of you that continue to work for Nephron and Lou Kennedy and post negative comments here maybe it is time to find a new job. BTW-The FDA department that conducts visits to Nephron is located in Maitland FL in case you were wondering.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's that "fear factor" again. How about this - how about ya'll actually hear the venom being spewed on this site and instead of convincing yourself that there's always "a few bad apples" (because Nephron is so small there's really only a few apples, period) you actually read between the lines and hear what's being said.

Lou Kennedy is and always has been out of control. She is a know-it-all who simply and literally doesn't listen to anyone. You've had conversations with her and you know what I'm saying is true. Even when you try to ask a question you are able to get two words out and then she opens her mouth and talks without taking a breath. She assumes she knows the question (and the answer) before you ever fully get to ask it. She talks at you and over you but never with you - she has absolutely no listening skills. She also gets an idea in her head and she goes "balls to the wall" with it (including if she has it out for someone) and there simply is no stopping her, no reasoning with her, no talking to her - she's like a runaway train on a collision course.

It appears as though they spend a lot of time putting out one fire after another - usually caused by them. I don't think it will end anytime soon so hang on for the ride, get as much out of them as you can and keep seeking other opportunities the whole time. They refuse to see why it is there is very little loyalty towards them - they choose to be blind - so just look out for #1 and let them run around putting out their own fires. They will crash and burn - it's not a matter of "if"; just a matter of "when".

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't have said this better. The description fits her to a tee!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. I have seen her have people who were dedicated and hard working with years at the company fired because they may have glanced at her in a way she found intrusive. Or even tried to maybe help her by doing something nice and she got mad because she is all knowing and you are in her way.

I have told may co workers that they shouldn't keep their marbles in the Nephron bag because you never know when that axe will come down on you.

This is for all of those good people who got fired, laid off, or let go because their services are no longer required. You are all on a better path than with them. They will never really grow as a company until they sack or retire Lou.

Kudos for the above people and your families.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5 years ago the writing was on the wall

15. Cthelight

Cthelight New Member

Thank God, that loud mouth cheerleader idiot finally got her ridiculous wedding over and done!!! Yak!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And now we don't have to hear her either! Poor Collins.