2015 Pfizer retiree medical plan

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not medicare eligible yet but I wanted to purchase my own plan which cost me about what the Pfizer plan cost per month but about 1/2 the max out of pocket cost but if you don't choose the pfizer plan you can not get Pfizer Meds any longer at no cost.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone else is finally speaking the truth. If it costs Pfizer $1800, then I'll kiss Ian Read's rear end and may be Frank's too. In all honesty, how can you guy a Plan F Cadillac Plan through AARP and the insurance is through United Healthcare and they say it costs them that much? Something is sadly wrong with this benefit offered especially to the retirees. It's all about the bottom line and they're offering us a plan that greatly helps to increase their bottom line. I'd like for them to tell us what the ELT and the Board of Directors get for their health insurance plan. If it's not free, or at a very low price, I'll be surprised.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe that the Plan F supplements, and they are supplements, not the complete plan, are receiving a subsidy via the U.S. Government or YOU, the taxpayer. I don't think Pfizer is receiving the subsidy from the government. Thus, the difference in pricing???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Government subsidy ended in 2014. This was not only for the health plan but also for Pfizer to provide a prescription plan for their employees. My increase for my Plan F through AARP and UHC went up $6.00 per month for 2015. How does that compare with Pfizer' increase in their plan for 2015? Ian Read was a CPA before he was employed with Pfizer. He has no selling experience. I wonder if he knows the difference between a feature and a benefit and how to close a doctor? I doubt it. The one thing he does know is how to cut the sales force whenever he needs to make that bottom line without any conscience. For those who recently were cut, how's your Thanksgiving and Christmas plans going, I'm sure Uncle Ian or Uncle Frank will have an open house for all of you to share their best wishes.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Laying people off is Pfizer's way of saying-"Happy Holidays".

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're only doing what the stockholders want, ROI.
    When you're making money on your stocks do you care how many people were eliminated to make you that return ? I doubt it.
    Capitalism is survival of the fittest and the slimiest....guess where Pfizer fits?
    FYI, I dumped all my Pfizer stock long ago out of principle. I hate this company and everything it stands for.
    Happy holidays... No. Merry Christmas ! Screw being a political coward.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would it kill them to do it in April or June? Getting laid iff sucks-having it happen during the holidays twists the knife a bit, don't you think.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer has done this so many times, what would you expect? At one time this was a great company to work for. The sales force was important and appreciated. They did the little things for you, such as, small gifts from time to time, a non expensive Christmas gift from a catalog, a magazine called "The Force: which focused on the sales force and highlighted what was going on with emphasis on key points in selling, meetings with managers at nice places as a reward for the good job. Then comes along Kindler and his fiasco as CEO. How he suckered everyone in believing how much he admires our sales force. This was during the first year of his management. This just as we were suckered, politics revolved its ugly head in New York and he was gone. This guy had as much business being CEO as Barack Obama. Now we have Ian Read. How he road into town. I remember his words at the Chantix launch in San Francisco. What a guy. We continued to stumble along without any new major product coming out of our R & D. The only way we could continue would be to buy other companies in order to get their products. It always amazed me how these companies could develop their products with few resources than the mighty Pfizer. They raped these companies starting with Warner Lambert and Parke Davis. Then Pharmacia and Wyeth and King. All of these acquisitions caused havic among the sales forces and many lost their jobs with their former company. Big Blue comes in and rapes the sales force. If you think you have any value to this company, you need to see a therapist. You're just as good as this day only. Whenever Pfizer needs to get rid of you, they'll do it. For those who want retiree medical benefits, you don't start earning these benefits until you are forty years of age with this company. Now how long would you expect to last with this company? Your benefits at retirements are gonna be a shock. Why would anyone want to trust their life and their career with a company with such a history. Those late night programs, late appointments, coming home late after your kids have gone to bed, getting up early in the morning to have a hospital display, were never appreciated. I was one of those who gave their all and now I realize what a fool I was. I felt that I worked for a great company, how wrong I was.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am planning to retire in a few years. I am eligible for PFE (legacy) retiree medical (under the RMS system but with no subsidy since I did not make it to 55 but do qualify for unsubsidized premiums). Just curious, does anyone worry that PFE will discontinue offering retiree medical (pre-Medicare) at some point which would leave retirees with no group health? Hopefully the ACA rule about pre-existing conditions will stand if we have a change in administration in 2016, but this is something I worry about. Any thoughts?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My opinion is that, unless Obamacare gets reversed, there will be no medical coverage offered by Pfizer (or few other companies) for either pre-65 or post-65 retirees. Probably no insurance for employees either. Obama is planning on obliterating typical medical coverage.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am retiring in a few months from another major pharmaceutical company; I am over 55 and have many years with my present company, and yes, I am receiving medical (and dental should I choose for a nominal fee) until age 65 when Medicare becomes my primary.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m a Pfizer retiree and was with Wyeth for about 20 years. When I retired five years ago, I was given a retiree medical package as part of my package.

For the past five years I’ve been using my wife’s insurance. She plans to retire in 2016 and I am interested in the Pfizer Medicare Advantage plan.

Does anyone have this plan? Is it any good? How much does it cost per month?

Any help in this area would greatly appreciated.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like Pfizer, it sucks. Be smart, go with your wife's plan.....gotta be better than Pfizer's.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where do you get the idea that Pfizer gives your hundreds of thousands in medical subsidy? I retired after 39 yrs and my subsidy ran out in four years. You're under the illusion that Pfizer is gonna take care of you for the rest of your life. Well, guess what? Pfizer doesn't care about you one you leave. I would advise everyone to shop around for the Plan F policy available from 26 insurance companies. You will be amazed at what is available for less that what the Pfizer Plan costs. Plan F covers everything that Medicare doesnt cover. No deductibles, no copays, zilch dollars out of your pocket. Don't stick your head in the sand.