Andy gone from Oncology--Bets on whose next?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 29, 2014 at 7:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Andy continues to be groomed for bigger and better things in Pfizer, Inc. Moving over to be Consumer Products President for Asia/Pacific. So who will take over as President of Oncology North America? Have to believe Ian and Gary are going to try and make a statement and that it is going to be heavy on "Launch the hell out of Palbo or die." Maybe someone from PC with launch experience? Do any of those people still exist or have they all been laid off or gone to other companies?
    I don't think anyone in the Oncology BU in NA has the experience or the presence to succeed Andy--maybe someone from Europe? Should be interesting.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully not the guy in charge of the Toviaz launch!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. It will be someone outside of Onc

2. I feel so bad for the Consumer people. Within 8 months, he will get rid of half of them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be somebody from PC background with big time launch experience--Maybe Carl? Would U want him for the launch of Palbo? He's about the only person left from the "golden years."

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about bringing over SG - after all, she did such amazing things with Bosulif!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will bring in some young well connected hotshot, like they did with schmeltz. About the time this person learns the oncology business, around 18-36 months, he/she will then move onto whatever position upper management designates for them.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only things constant around here are change and my salary. :>)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

schmeltz - heh, heh - sounds like a sound I would make involuntarily.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's there to learn? Once is simply Pharma.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They should bring in AJ-she has an awesome track record; totally botched the Exubera launch then ran Psychiatry into the ground.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Andy. You were good for the OBU. It's a big loss for us.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is AJ still running Commercial Operations? If so, has she run that into the ground too?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The vast majority of the people in commercial ops are not happy and want out. The new people are mainly no talent ass kissers. It was on its way to second class long before Amy got her dirty hands on it.