Just heard there will be layoffs today

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These were two-week notices - so, in effect, term date is 20-June

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think some managers got it yesterday.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, but they will likely not be allowed come on-site during the so-called 'notice period' - as part of the severance agreement - management does not want them to bring down the mood of the survivors: typical harsh sneaky NVS management style (just wait till JG from Sandoz takes over fully - he stabbed so many people in the back at my old Sandoz BU; I'm glad to be back in pharma for now)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mgrs from sales?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give an example of someone who got a notice and or dept....i'm at Home office and have very strong sources and no one knows anything about this....not buying this one

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IGM program is over. The entire project is cancelled. Can anybody confirm or know about it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is IGM?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's an IOL?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IGM (Information Governance Management) was a sham to begin with: just a hodge-podge of redundant IT quality functions mashed together into an expensive ineffective brew by McKinsey/IBM/et al: should stand for Ignorant Morons. The IGM gang from Prague (PC et al) are by far the worst. No other pharma company has this new acronym in their lexicon

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will not be any layoffs until the dust settles and all the payouts from the May layoff. They have to make sure the last one went off without a hitch before they start a new one.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, if there's one thing NVS is good at, it's making sure one layoff is all done before starting the next layoff. So there.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the Google deal, all the layoffs going to stop. Everyone can breath now, knowing all jobs are secured. No more layoffs. Finally it stopped.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to rain on your parade but this means absolutely nothing for job security in Fort Worth. We don't do anything with contacts here. That's all in Germany which, oh gee, is where Jeff is giving his global webcast from!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We do perform research on contact projects in FTW.