Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Solstas Lab Partners' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2014 at 3:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, now that last week's meetings are squarely in the rearview mirror - who's on the hot seat? How will be shown the door this week or next?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those who refuse to own their performance have already shown that they do not have what it takes to be on my team of superstars.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks dad.

Any real thoughts on this?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last thought offered was as real as it gets...a lot more real than ramblings by you or the others in your circle jerk.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None of the managers will make it. Highly paid reps will look into Bio and/or Sunrise who still pay high dollars. Many reps are currently interviewing and weighing their options. Within 3 months anyone that is still on board will be shocked at all the crazy paperwork involved in working as a Quest rep. I would be shocked if more then 10 Solstas folks remain. Please disregard the village idiots comments which I'm sure will follow this opinion.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. I think that those who have a position now will be looking for the door before stockings are hung with care. Those let go may be the most fortunate in the long run. I'm not looking to sling mud but what are the thoughts on who, specifically, might be dismissed sooner rather then later. Some names jump to my mind on folks who are dangling with little to no info or direction.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think all the reps will sign these ridiculous non-competes by April 1st to keep a paycheck and try to turn around and attempt to break the same non-compete within 3 months with a Sonic lab - Sunrise, AEL, CPL, etc.?

There aren't a lot of great options out there right now. There just aren't.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If what you really mean are that there aren't many employers who will tolerate those such as yourself who won't own your performance and instead choose to bemoan the "unfairness" of the business world, then you are correct.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, what I mean is what I said. There aren't a lot of great options out there right now.

There aren't a lot of opportunities to earn over $150,000/year on the top-end. We're used to owning our performance and making double that here at Solstas. So save the cliches and redundant shtick and tell me where reps can find these great employers and great opportunities.

I'm not saying it is the "unfairness" of the business world. I'm saying it is the reality of the business world. It is the reality of the healthcare industry.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quest will not pay sales reps 150 yr because you are not worth it to them. Their business is gained through managed care contracts, acquisitions and other business contracts that have nothing to do with you. If you are looking for a future as a salesman I suggest you learn something about Toyotas.

Hope this helps.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha, so true. Our business has already been secured far above their level. They have no future here. Their best hope going forward is to up sell value meals during the lunch rush.

Hey sales boy, practice this line the next time you are "role playing" with your loser colleges.
    "Can I interest you in a hot apple pie with that sir?".

Hope that helps

Sincerely ,

Administration

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. The industry has changed. Solstas paid because they wanted quick sales and market share. Selling to Quest or Labcorp was always the plan. Currently Bio pays reps for the life of the account. It would probably take a few years to build a book of business. By then who knows what the comp plan will be. Sunrise may pay now but how stable are they? You can make a living at Quest but top reps pulled in only $40k quarterly commish checks last year. Far different then what Spectrum/Solstas paid. The comp plan just changed again at Quest. Throw in this years weather and reps will get paid very little at all. LCA pays more then Quest but hardly $300k. If you were good then hopefully you saved some cash and saw this coming. You had a good run but it's over. If you stay at Quest and are a top dog don't plan on making over $150. Another huge difference will be the book you carry. Fluctuations will kill you(aka weather). It's not like at Solstas where you sold and handed accounts off and then sold again. It's as big of a difference as what the pay checks are. Your world has changed. This is not opinion it's fact.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the Quest sales comp plan set-up?

I'm hearing that the PAE base is in the $65k range and a quarterly PAE commission plan with payout glass ceiling of approximately $25,000/qtr. payout maximum, but $7-$15k being the average for the top 25% of reps. The top 25% of reps are falling in the $100k-$150k range on total pay with just a couple of top end reps pushing past that glass ceiling.

Is this accurate?

If not, what is the PAE comp plan?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is accurate. Keep in mind every call you make needs a pre call report and a post call report........its micro management hell with not a lot of return. Not a great place to work.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are losing more managed care contracts than they are getting. I will guess they lose a minimum of 20% of Solstas customers. Now I understand why this is a no buy stock on WS.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone read the pre- and post- reports?

What happens if you don't do them?

How detailed do they have to be?

I've got a big decision to make in the next week.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It varies from dsm to dsm. You have to do way more then you are used to. When it snows they send you work to do at home. Training guides to make sure you aren't out sledding. This place sucks and I can't wait to leave. We have weekly training on how to sell then we have to take tests. It's a joke. It's run by a bunch of pharma dorks. Get out while you can.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's accurate. 65K and another 30K at plan, but this is not capped.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not capped but virtually impossible to consistently blow past the $30k so in essence it is a glass ceiling. It takes a home run win plus some good luck to get to $60k in annual commission.

A Solstas MAE, at quota each month, made over $120,000/year in commission. Most have been knocking down at least $80,000/year and CE & SG claim they each made over $400,000 in commission last year. Are these numbers possible on the Quest PAE plan?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, plan on making $120-$130 if you have a great year. Quest does not have to pay huge dollars. They are already big ang strong enough. It's really pretty simple. The days of Solstas are gone.