Rheumatoid Specialty- Any good?

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking to interview for the Rheumatoid position. Was wondering how is Otezla doing with this division? How are the doctors viewing this drug and how does it compare to the competitors. Does this drug has any kind of favorable coverage? Any insight would be very helpful.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coverage is still tough, but it is getting better

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great access with rheums and not so many reps to deal with

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely no manage care coverage; must fail DMARD and biologic prior to approval; no radiographic data, nor will there be any; extremely expensive BID pill with very little efficacy...if any at all from what I'm hearing from my docs; majority of the patients that have taken Otezla in my territory have stopped therapy due to severe headaches, nausea/vomiting daily, diarrhea, insomnia, heart palpitations and/or depression. This is the real world experience with this drug. If you take this job, be ready to chase scripts all day, use fear tactics to get docs to write (cancer; needle-phobia; liver failure on methatrexate if the patient even has one glass of wine, and other bs tactics that are only used when you sell a drug that sucks).

And if you aren't willing to sell your soul for a script, you won't last long here. More of us than not are actively looking to jump ship. Management is clueless and only in their position because they worked with the Exexutive Director of I&I sales before at Wyeth. Most have never been managers before and have no clue how to manage a team. Nobody trusts anybody here.

If you can handle all that, then you might like it here. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. Good luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Product works - yes, consistent feedback and the IMS numbers speak for themselves

side effects - lose about 20% the first two weeks to AEs and then lose another 5% over the next six months due to either AEs or efficacy

radiographic data - none and not coming - doesn't even come into equation given where product is positioned but the Celgene team shit the sheets on this one

Great culture to sell in - yes but training is trying to get in the way and start killing morale with workshops, scavenger hunts, objection handlers and probing techniques

managed care coverage - absolutely zero - the managed care team hasn't produced a single win anywhere -don't believe the tricare crap - that was interim coverage - facts are not a single win anywhere in the nation-bottom line is that you are on your own

Covance distribution - absolute nightmare - best chance is to get the RX to a specialty pharmacy right away. 90% of input to Covance is never heard from again.

management seems good in my limited view - clearly the people not to trust are the RMLs - their leader looks for ways to hurt reps - bad, evil woman who hates her place in life

sales team - varied, some real winners and some pretty, young fools

I came from a bio job and for me it beats the team I was with which was a bunch of older, bitter, cynical TNFers burdened by big pharma mentality. The hardest part here is that we only have an iPad and there are some important things that just can't be done with it like reading every day's sales reports

Overall, on balance, a great place to make money. Period.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

come on now little troll doll...complete thin approach "Looking to interview," again? doubt it. your questions are purely for competitive information and managed care shit. Just be strait with us. The fact that you earn money for lurching here is bothersome. Admit it already!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm pretty sure managed care coverage is easily accessible in a Google search. And why would anyone consider us a formidable competitor? You have to fail every other therapy before insurance will approve Otezla. That's not much of a threat.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

f o l l o w a l o n g i f y o u c a n . . .every single pharma market has a a project that monitors ALL POSSIBLE competition...every single company has a project that monitors the ENTIRE market....they leave no stone un turned. they are paid for finding out A N Y Thing their client wants to knoe! Including ruling IN or ruling oUT possible threats! Crappy work, sure. How do they sleep at night, and I know plenty of these people, not sure how they even shut and eye or better yet, how some of them ever look at a kid in the eye, and tell them what they do for a living. ruthless.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they will follow any orders by client. Every pharma market is monitored. Sell outs. Every possible competitor is researched. How do you think they prepare for war games?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was water-boarded during my exit interview from Amgen

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales reps have limited experience in the space, the same as the commercial team. The leaders run this like a frat house, drinking and party and fondeling eachother. Sad to watch a middle aged team act like young pups when they are old dogs. Epic fail of a reasonable molecule. Bob Hugin should be firing everyone from the top on down. Hiring non experienced leaders in this space has cost him millions. Way to end the year about 55% to goal! That's a great national sales meeting coming up!