IC Plan

Discussion in 'InterMune' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2014 at 4:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Opinions on IC Plan? Did it meet your expectations?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, definitely. Sell more, make more. Simple

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They waited long enough. Awful plan. Embarrassing. No incentive. 100 PTP payout = 149%.
    10k for a successful launch sucks. Look at the personnel hired in high volume areas.
    Nation will never achieve 149% since half of the sales force sold primary care.
    Had many of the qualified reps known, they never would come here.
    Time to wind down for the rest of the year.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IC Plan is bizarre. Where is the incentive? Field sales with biotech experience in shock.
    Bad timing of plan for quality sales folks to join expansion territories. Let the Roche Pegasys experts lead the way to 149.9% to plan.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On a scale of 1-10; the plan is a 3.5. Disappointing and bummed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't like it, leave and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will do on my terms. The primary care/ biotech hybrid sales force will lose it's best experienced pulmonary orphan disease reps in due time. I will collect my 10K and look to return to a biotech pulmonary sales team that values and pays well for performance.

Thank you for the advice and don't forget it's all about call frequency and micromanagement.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe we have reps complaining about this! How much did we just make in stock before we barely even started. You are making us sound like a greedy, spoiled and ungrateful group of reps.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are a few obvious whiners on this team...it doesn't take a PhD to figure out who the poison is on this sales team.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep. If you don't like the plan, sorry. I am very happy with it. 6 months ago I was sampling and 10K looks very generous to me. Once we hit 100%, we can coast for the rest of the quarter.
    It is true that the motivation to do well is limited since there are is no pay for performance from 100 -149 PTP.
    Who cares?
    I give the plan an 8.5 and am so glad I no longer have to sample.
    For those expecting more, it is unfortunate.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's more than a few whiners and complainers who were disappointed in the plan. I really like the company and people. I am one of the silent ones. I believe in Esbriet and enjoy selling it!

The IC plan is weak plain and simple. When compared to the launches of other orphan disease drugs in the pulmonary space, our IC is poor and lacks true incentive.

But the drug is solid, the people are quality, I like my team, I receive a paycheck and I hope to stick around for a while. In this job market, it is tough to get a good job.
    I can live with this. It could be worse.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Genentech care if you are happy with IC plan? They will replace the malcontent low performers next year anyway. If you were looking for a big pay day, you got most of it already.
    You are no longer part of an entrepreneurial small biotech company.
    If you behave, we will let you attend the Genentech annual concerts.
    We equate your sales team as excessively paid Roche primary care reps.
    Live with it or leave.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have to fine tune the IC plan. To have no tiers in place makes no sense. It seems like they slapped it together on a conference call.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny how grass is always greener on the other side until you get there!! Yes you made nice money in terms of equity, sign on etc, however karma is a bitch when you treated people the way you did in interview process. The arrogance of the management team and sales rep egos deserved this smack in the face, it's a small industry , good luck trying to get a new job!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mixed Bag

Very true. The entire InVentiv process should have been a warning of the future. However, it's a good payday regardless. I think this will all work itself out.
    Recent observations:
    I hear the HUB is moving enrollments along much better. yeah!!!
    Who hired the Primary care type folks calling on major IPF centers?
    Unfortunately, a bunch of managers and field sales in way over their heads.

Despite all of this, there are plenty of fine peeps who will make the launch a major success.

"Life is like a box of chocolates".....Forest Gump

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

details of IC pay out are non public information. Why air specifics here?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everything is going to be ok. Management values the sales force and has kept all of their promises to the field. It is simple, sell and make money.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt the details of the IC plan are accurate. No way. Who puts out a sales plan in a launch like that?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am almost certain that the majority of us have more biotech and specialty experience than the Genentech folks... Haven't had samples in over 10 years!
    The Genentech people are clamoring to get the expansion positions... Some are even willing to pay for their own relocation! Don't be a hater because our salaries are 20%+ more than yours!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They put the IC plan out there because they want the over paid Intermune reps to leave so they can back fill these jobs with Primary Care talent at 100K. Did you really think they would give you guys a strong IC plan with your bloated salaries of 130-150K? Slowly but surely folks will leave and salaries will be compressed to a workable range. Watch and see!!