Second full time job!

Discussion in 'Actelion' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2014 at 8:38 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it ok to have a full time job in addition to Actelion employment ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course! They can't tell you when and where to work. They won't even know, typically no one works except for when they ride with their manager.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am working in dental sales and pharma at the same time. Obviously in dental distrubtion sales you are on your own, no ride alongs unless you choose (we call them co-travels on this side), use your own car, etc. If you want your manager to co-travel they do it to get business and help you close sales, not to check up on you and justify their job. Also, we have mfg reps who call on us and they buy you lunch or will take you to dinner because, like is done in pharma, they want you to push their product to the end user.

I make my pharma calls in the morning, some in the afternoon, I space them out. In between I see dental customers and this way there is no crossover, etc. No doctors accidentally slipping, when i go see them with my pharma manger since I'm not in the same offices with both managers., etc.

The best part is that I drive a free pharmaceutical company vehicle and the dental company pays me a car allowance for it, crazy! In addition the dental also pays a small salary, for now, plus expenses. Eventually I will be a 1099 employee and it won't matter. I submit expenses for both companies on the same things like parking and small things.

This is THE BEST thing ever!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't get caught with W2s. Income tax is public records. Put your business in a spouses name

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at Linkedin ! Some MSLs have other jobs listed !! Must be ok with corporate.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha greatest post ever except you gave us all away, I am an Amway and Marykay rep on the side.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha last year, I took another pharma job for 6 months, while at Actelion. I didn't like my mgr there so quit. I made 85K from my bonus and salary. I've done this twice in the few years I've been here.

It's easy!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A second full time job? That is just being greedy. You will get caught and will lose both jobs. Dishonest people always get theirs in the end. Trust me. Greed and lies undo many people and they end up sad and lonely.

^ Man, that bullshit gave me a laugh! That is the kind of stuff my ex-wife would say. So glad I dumped her lazy ass. She was always trying to lay some moral guilt trip, but never held a decent paying job. I never understood why she was so miserable that I was busting my balls to build a better life. So small-minded and complacent.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looked into this and it seems like I could pull this off. Dental pays a salary for 2years. Use company car for all calls. No ride alongs. Get money for car allowance and quit after 2years.
    Extra 65K for 2 years. Ya baby!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

W2s are not public record, neither are income tax returns. Why do you think the IRS got into such public trouble when they released information improperly? Or didn't Issa's years-long hearings on the matter tell you anything?