Double Dipping

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by Anonymous, May 11, 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dipper here:
    I have never had any problem with field sales. I don't work that much with either job, but I make sure paper work is always on time.
    My territory with Purdue is closer to home. With my other pharma job, the territory is larger. No pods in my other pharma job. The next closest rep is 200 miles away! Things are as safe as they can be!
    Why would I want to change jobs?? Last year I got my 5 year pin with my other company! I have no plans on leaving either company!
    I enjoy the benefits of double dipping (financial) and will continue to double dip.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was wondering the same thing. The next Purdue rep is only about 30 min away from me. Just gotta get another gig a bit further out. Dipping in the same territory or nearby territory seems a bit risky.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about employment history on your resume coinciding with your employment history back ground check for future jobs?!?!? That seems like a sketchy situation. For those that gave one job that overlaps considerably with another. You get fired or leave the first and pursue another one but it awhile only with the remaining position. How do you present on your resume that won't raise red flags on future employment background checks???? Please share!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dipper here:
    I'm not quite sure I understand your question and concern.
    I'm not looking for another job, but if I was, Purdue would be the only company on my resume - to present. (Of course any pre- Purdue jobs would be listed).
    Ideally, my plan is to retire with Purdue and my other pharma job. I don't ever want to look for another job(s) with another company. Why then would I worry about any future background checks? Hopefully, it's a "moot" point. I haven't up- dated my resume in years! No reason to.
    I haven't sent out a resume in years!
    I enjoy the benefits of double dipping (financial) and will continue to double dip.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ive worked 2 jobs since out of college and to answer the post above. I dońt think it will show the background checks. Background checks only check for criminal stuff etc. unless u disclose on ur resume they have no idea what u do on the side or along w the current gig.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly im more shocked at how many people dont do anything else aside from working with Purdue. I mean, when Purdude boots you to the curb, then what?? Oh well.. Better for me when theres less competition out there so i shouldnt be complaining.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, then the house goes on foreclosure or short saled, kids suffer and the wife leaves you for another man. The shitty severence only goes so long. I agree with you brother. Too many young f*cks don't prepare well in this economy. You're just another number here at Purdue or any drug company for that matter!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dipper here:
    You're pretty much correct with your assessment!
    But I gotta' tell you, my other pharma job is so much better. I don't feel that I am just another number there! There is almost no pressure or micromanagement. There are no managers whose sole function is to "critique" the reps. Regional Directors know my name, and their job function is more like that of national account managers.
    My field of "repping" is concerned with the psych. specialty. Doc's and hospital depts. Very enjoyable to call on!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dipper,

almost 3 weeks now since i began working homecare. i do like it, even though the base is only

in the low 50's.

but youre right on, i'm making extra money using my Purdue car and gas.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dipper here:
    Surely the $50,000. base plus, can be enough to relieve some of your financial stress. Combined with your Purdue salary and car, thats not a bad total income. If you're comfortable working both of these jobs, you are a success, with little chance of being caught!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dipper,

youre right. i am good, to have both jobs. i have bills i can now pay off or pay down.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the homecare dipper:

What are your call points? Is your territory the same? How many calls per day for your Homecare job? 50K is a good supplemental salary. You don't have to stick to homecare forever. Maybe you can get used to double dipping and get another job in the future...one with a higher base.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no number of calls required. its about the business.

i just got this job, im not even thinking about switching! if it works out with Purdue, im ok.

so far so good.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dipper here:
    It sounds as though you are in a good position and have something to be thankful for this holiday season!
    Remember to be low key, and remember it may take a while to build up relationships in Home Care. And of course, make good use of your Purdue car! Any car allowance offered by your Home Care Co. is "gravy".

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been double-dipping for years, but I really do not think about it as double-dipping. I am just pursuing my medical sales career with two different companies. I give my all to both companies, and I am loyal to both. It is my duty to optimally provide for my family, and it is my duty to make sure that patients and health care providers have access to treatment. I am working multiple therapeutic specialties so that I can continue to be loyal to my family and my employers.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well said. Medical sales rules.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dipper here:
    Any second job that enables you to increase your income, and allows you to feel safe while working both jobs is good!
    Medical sales may have the best income potential, but med sales may also be more difficult to work as a second job. But do what's best for you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dipper,
    As a substitute teacher Ihave been working an average of 3 days a week. December 19 is the

last day of school this year for both didtricts I work. This allows me a nice time off to enjoy the

holiday. This is why I like substitute teaching for double dipping. I can go back in Jan. subbing.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Substitute teachers make about $75 a day. It seems like there are more lucrative options for double dipping. I hope you really like teaching.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Substitute teacher pay depends on the school district and state. I make a little more- not

much more- than $75./ day. But for me it's the enjoyment and the safety I get from substitute

teaching. 3 times a week is fine and I know I won't get caught.