Open letter to all trolls. Yes you.

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not too many folks developing orange spots on this board...it really isnt easy being green

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to be a rep at Alcon many years ago. I left to work for another company and now I'm making three times the amount I did before, driving a new 2014 BMW for a company car, and banging a new hot chick at conventions every other week.

And yet I still post here.

Yeah, it's true. Really. Believe me.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do former Alcon folks come back here? To validate leaving was a superior decision! Thanks for continuously re-confirming it was a superior decision. Only Trolls here are those that spew positive spin on what is now 2nd tier ophthalmic company. You keep telling yourself that big booth means you have a bright future! Not!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me clarify:

No, I don't drive a BMW, but a nice enough car and

two, I am married and faithful.

But the part abut 3 times the income is nearly spot on. More like 2.5 times.

If you had any idea how many people are in device making more than Alcon DMs and working abut the same amount of hours as a UPS/Drug Rep, you'd punch yourself in the face for still being a drug rep.

I punched myself in the face years ago before I got the hell out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And your dick is bruising your knees when you walk too.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sleeping with your mom does not count. Especially since everyone else was there before you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fair enough. Chose not to believe me. It doesn't really matter. Plus, the vulgarity....classy.

Enjoy Alcon.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why do people care if they lose their job?

is the world outside of NVS really that horrible?

there are no other comparable chosen lifestyle sustaining jobs on the market?

oh, i just need to work harder to (service the) research, development, production, sale and distribution of products that care and cure fellow human beings?

oh no.

you mean you're automating / transferring / terminating my contribution to this noble cause?

how dare you!

integrity, ethics, empathy my a$$

;-)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ever notice its the peopel who don't have any balls and are afraid to look outside their comfort zone who don't find new positions and then don't know what to do if they get put on a PIP even though they work hard or there is a major layoff of the sale force. They just sit there wondering what happened.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been in pharma for the better part of a decade, and ive seen plenty of migrations. I've never seen more people simply leave pharma entirely than I have in my relatively brief time at alcon. Many of these were high caliber talent who could have succeeded anywhere, but had the life sucked out of them by Alcon. On the other had I've never seen an employee base with as many years of service as I have here. It's a shame to see this dismantling, and try to reassure people that things are much better almost anywhere else, when they don't want be anywhere but TX.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most people leave pharma when they don't want the scarlet letter of "P" for pharma around their neck.

Too many companies won't hire drug reps or drop rep managers. They either flat out say "no pharma" or are extremely skeptical of how the skills you acquire in pharma would transfer to another job.

I left pharma entirely with a few years on my resume. Even with a few years on my resume, I had to battle the pharma stigma with so many different types of companies, from insurance to device. At least 30% of my interview times were focused on the drug rep stigma.

So to the reps. who got out of pharma and convinced a non pharma company to hire you AND are doing well, good for you. You had the foresight to get the hell out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been in pharma over well over 20yrs and have no problem with it.
    I've never missed any of my kids events, vacation a lot, and don't really give a crap what anyone from any other company or industry thinks.
    Managed to do pretty well and saved enough to do whatever I want whenever I want. Got a solid lifestyle and quality time too. Count your blessings it anin't all that bad.
    For those who don't or can't…. enjoy your misery here or elsewhere. Entitled fools.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After being treated like dirt and dealing with bully managers, many like to watch this company sink. There is some satisfaction watching a bully's world come unhinged.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at all you trolls. What a guilty pleasure I've had watching you fall into a beautiful laid trap. Keep this thread going, it's awesome.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure you left Alcon many years ago for some small time start up and now you live in a mansion on the 17th hole of the country club. In your spare time you throw money at the passers by and drink expensive scotch while trolling cafe pharma to entertain your peasant friends. Actually that sounds nice. I may piss on a lesser person this evening.

Hey, jealous of my big booth? Yeah you are.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about you go back to the kool Aid or possibly your cubicle HR hack.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are over-simplifying the argument.

The oversized booth is mainly filled with drug reps. Doctors go to trade show to buy capital equipment, not to learn about drugs.

So the big booth is necessary to sell the capital equipment Alcon sells, which is good stuff.

I am shocked at how little drug reps. know about the capital equipment industry. This is why it is so hard for drug reps. to get into capital. This includes Alcon drug reps. hoping to get into Alcon device. How often does that happen?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a closer look at how many former Eye Care pharma reps are now in in Alcon surgical and the percentage of Surg's award winners over the last few years. It's a lot more than they want to admit for sure. It's funny how surg gives this bad stigma to pharma but when they hire one the reps wins the trip or over performs existing surg reps. Look into it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good deal. Let the haters suffer.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man I hated this company. I just visit to watch the rotting carcass. Still have friends working there who I don't wish ill will towards. I do celebrate as they leave.