Best managers/leaders at merck

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 30, 2014 at 1:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please place your vote for best managers/DCOs/ VPs.
    This will help us to know who we should try to work for while we survive merck's finale days

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leigh Anne Goode

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dick Gilligan

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hands down Todd Purdy.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Todd Purdy - but Mother Merck said he is not mean enough. :-(

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So few good ones? Sad, so many of them think they are superstars!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this Dick Gilligan in his 60's?
    If so, he is one good soul.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting...back in 2008 a # of high level managers were let go...VPs mostly...they were told they were not "as tough as they should be" with their people. I'm an ex-HR person here...I realize that some of those folks have had unflattering posts on this site but i'm here to tell you that they stood up for their people and got hammered for it. The so called leaders that you have now care NOTHING for you...I'm sure you sort of know this but you have no idea of how deep this goes. People on this site were cutting down the very VPs that were fighting for them. They could have helped you. Instead, they got rid of all of them and you ae left with the leadership that are doing their best to get rid of all of you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not an insider, but from the field view few managers seem to give a damn about their people. They play favorites. Some blatantly hold back people based on their likes or dislikes
    for them. Others seems to take pleasure in labeling people as flunkies or poor producers when their records say different. Many of us in the field are stumped how some were even chosen to become managers.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about the reps who stood up for themselves. These folks were most likely hammered for trying to survive bad managers. How many of these reps are still around?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know him but that guy who stood up during the athero session to ask about flags and also "role played" on stage for insomnia looks like a winner. Not afraid to ask the tough questions, seemsfunny and real to boot!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea, a role player! Hey he could have saved the day when reps needed help last year. The other managers helped reps get canned for dumb reasons like not knowing what managers wanted. Give the guy a gold star! He's learning to manage.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Todd purely have openings? Which region/area?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you in affirming my observation. All the pro-field sales and more humane management people were pushed out. All the new ones are and still very "Pfizer-like". Tough talking, take no prisoner and no substance. Surprisingly how many of those got pushed out are doing very well at other companies. It reminds me of bunch of young punks, after kicking all the pros out, now have no idea in how to run a company except to threaten and terrorize.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was a plant. His CTL coached him to be a leader and asked a question and then role played to keep his salary and good standing. My manager used to pull a few of us asides before a meeting, especially when a director was visiting, and INSTRUCTED us to participate, role play, ask questions and be a leader.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was laterally transferred from being a region director to a HQ job. In return we got Jackie (McLarty)Nelson with zero sales experience as the new director who later on went to the HQ too.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A sign of hope! Leadership in the ranks. We usually have cobwebs in the ranks.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expect managers worth their salt to have earned leadership awards, as a manager and as a rep.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expect? The only thing I'd expect is that most awards, leadership or otherwise, have little real meaning or value. Merck uses awards as a management tool in an attempt to influence one's behavior rather than recognize genuine and meaningful performance.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there such a thing as a best manager in the pharmaceutical world? Is there even a good one?