January 5th: R-Day

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll be interested to see how many DSI reps and DMs resign on January 5th. More interesting will be "who" resigns. We've had a few Hosp and CV Spec leave recently with offers that more than compensated for any bonuses forfeited by leaving before the end of the quarter, but this next round of voluntary departures may be most telling in regards to the level of confidence for DSI's future among the sales force in the trenches.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This indeed should be interesting

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know of 3 reps who are waiting until Jan 5th just so they can receive IC before they leave. Good for them. This place has got depressing and the new guys better do something to fix it fast.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hearing of many planned departures in SoCal and Pacific NW. Right before the launch, thiscould get interesting.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would you stay in this shit hole if you didnt have to?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that a trick question?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any bets on the total number of reps who leave Jan 5th?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any bets on the total number of reps who quit Jan 5th?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any bets on the total number of reps who resign Jan 5th?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably a decent amount. But the company will not care. Just replace with "newbies" it will be fine.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I find so amusing is just how serious everyone is taking this proposed launch. Yes, a new product launch is a big deal. But it's not life and death. My best suggestion is to just continue to use this place for a paycheck. Tell all the morons what they want to hear, give them an honest day, and just go pursue your personal interests. Which, in my opinion, is what life is really all about. Career, career, blah blah blah. It's just a job. Treat it as such and keep your stress and aggrivation levels low.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your problem is that you are unwilling to make the effort and take the steps necessary to bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be. You earn a paycheck and wish for more, but lack any ambition that might drive you to more success--your career is as lackluster as your marriage, which also suffers. You are part of that fat middle of the bell curve in everything you do and, really, you'll be nothing better than average in career, life, love, whatever the category. I know you well.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your theory is completely off. My counter-part has not worked more than 3 days in a week all year. Every week it's a sick day or some excuse. With that said we both earned the exact amount of IC dollars in bonus. FYI I haven't taken a sick day all year. My point is the origianl poster is correct, take the paycheck and that's as good as it gets.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction: I'm spot on. You use your counterpart as evidence of the futility of putting forth more effort and the cause of your cynicism. But if you step back and consider your situation, you'd realize that either your counterpart is smarter than you, being able to earn the same bonus by only working 3 days a week, or that it takes you five full days to do what it takes others to do in two less days i.e. you are worse off than just being average, but in fact you are a below average person in all aspects. You live your life looking for excuses that you can use to explain your mediocrity. If it helps, it's not your fault. You can't help it if you were born with limited abilities. In fact, I'd like to thank you for being part of the corporate cannon fodder that, when it comes time to downsize, you are always on the list of the expendables.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find your lack of insight and refusal to see anothers point a view as such ignorance. People who slave for corporate America have a higher rate of depression, divorce, affairs, drinking, gambling, betrayal of friends and trust, etc. You will gain weight and not lose it resulting in poor health. Corporate koolaid drinkers do not see their kids. They are all say that they are saving for their children’s education. However, I would rather spend time with my kids from 0 to 15 when their IQ and social skills are developed. Life is about choice, and it's clearly evident by your tunnel vision response what you have chosen to do with yours. Enjoy your koolaid, I'll go and focus on something much more substancial than a trivial pharma job. Life.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I point out your mediocrity and, again, you prove my point and hoist yourself on your own petard. The koolaid you refer to is no such thing, but it is a nectar of excellence you shall never taste. Because of this nectar, I'm able to actualize the best of my abilities, which allows me to not only enjoy success in all things, but allows me to achieve the optimal balance in my life--marriage, family, career, avocational pursuits, charitable causes.,etc. However, because of your limited innate abilities and even more limited courage, you live a zero-sum game in which you can only invest so much energy and effort to one or two things. I, on the other hand, live a full life. Enjoy your paltry existence...as it is all you will ever have.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excellent advice!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pathetic advice.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely brilliant!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma sales is "real" Is there a contract? It is just marketing. Get over yourself !