Class Action Part 2

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recent promotions not legal. Placement used to right past injustices but create new ones. Highly qualified employees not given opportunity to interview, new positions not even posted. Even VP of Sales was posted for all qualified to interview.
    With all that is riding on launch, incompetent placements will doom the product in a very competitive market. Thus, dooming the company and our jobs. This move is unprecedented in the industry.
    Prediction: many disgruntled employees will immediately begin searching for other opportunities and a large suit will follow. This on the heals of a future competitor's expansion announcement. Bad move DSI....BAD MOVE!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what announcement about/from a future competitor's expansion? Attach a link or a reference or just say it. Otherwise it's just unfounded rumor.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not rumor. Pradaxa doubling speciality by 2nd quarter to thwart our launch. Check out their board or just ask them, they will likely recruit reps selling in the class.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

U idiot Pradaxa is more worried about themselves then us. Pradaxa on decline. They are trying to save their own ship

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is great, someone post a theory and some info and the insults fly! They are not on the decline, they are at the bottom. This is due to the legal issues. Those issues are gone now and the legal issues are moving to next launched. So xarelto will decline as well and so on. The benefactor in those declines will be the others in the class.
    Take the above info as just that, not an attack on you, the drug or the company. Don't be offended that those reps have not identified you as a potential partner, which may speak to your peer creditability! Also, try keeping a close ear to the door within our industry and don't just play flappy bird while waiting for your sig, chat with your peers in the waiting room. They will be the ones you will turn to when dsi gives you the big boot in your no personality arse! I for one will await the expansion details so I can high tail it out of here and return the loyality I have been shown with these "placements".

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know I for one was not given an opportunity to interview for a position I was interested in as well as qualified for. I was told by my DM that my name was submitted to the hiring manager to be interviewed and I was essentially lied to because when I contacted that manager to express my interest, they had no idea I wished to apply and the position was basically already filled. Filled by someone with way less experience but was about 15 spots ahead of myself in gold cup and kissed my managers ass like no other. You have to brown nose to get anywhere, and HR will be informed of this and the actions I wish to take!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read between the lines. The new guys aren't buying ex-hand picked Gold Cup, Platinun, etc.winners.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't really say that. The new guys may want to give the appearance of not hand picking people by picking others that will do the hand picking for them.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course they're legal. A company can promote anyone it wants to, any time it wants to, any way it wants to, and for any reason it wants to.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"It is illegal for an employer to make decisions about job assignments and promotions based on an employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. For example, an employer may not give preference to employees of a certain race when making shift assignments and may not segregate employees of a particular national origin from other employees or from customers.
    An employer may not base assignment and promotion decisions on stereotypes and assumptions about a person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information."

Can DSI prove it did not do the above? That's why an interview takes place, to provide equal opportunity. If qualified candidates exist that fall into the above characteristics and was not given opportunity to compete for position, the above can be assumed and will be quite difficult for the company to disprove. At least pretend everyone has a shot! That is the law period, not an episode of Mad Men that you may be referring to with your "the company can do whatever it wants" mentality!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All doing has to do is say one person workworks harder...doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. A person can be promoted based on merit without an interview. Happens all the time at any companyou that isn't unionized.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, the pro-company support comments must be coming from the recently promoted... so I guess congratulations are in order!

Saying someone works harder is a subjective measure. Do you then evaluate ranking, payouts, calls per day, time in territory, used vacation/sick days, held programs, budget spent, car mileage? Never mind that the placements are not due to "hardworking" or "merit"!

The point to this post and the original posters comments are that this was a stupid move to not proceed with tradional staffing measures. The "giving" of positions will likely piss some off and may result in yet another legal HR issue while they are shifting through the first issue. Why would our company welcome this. It screams of arrogance! Just post and interview like any competent company would do. Looks like punitive damages are in order so a lesson can be learned.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know how long you've been at DSI or in the workforce altogether, but you remind me of the people we studied in my business classes at school: resentful, unmotivated, envious, unwilling to work as hard as you could or should. Yes, I'm new to DSI and, yes, this is my first job out of school. That being said, I believe anyone can be successful and achieve what they want by working hard and believing in yourself, while at the same time cheering on your teammates and sharing the good times and stuff like that. My DM is a living example of this way of thinking: after 4 years of kicking butt as a rep, she was promoted to DM, and she's still only 27! You could learn a lot from the example she is setting on being positive and super successful. If you're too old to learn new tricks, you may want to leave and get out of the way of those who are younger, smarter and way more motivated. Remember, YOLO, so don't waste your life or our time!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only reason she was promoted is because DSI did not want to pay anyone with experience. Fool ! 27 and she knows everything I am sure.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, you "business school" guru! Good for your 27 year old DM (I bet she's really swell!). But I would bet she INTERVIEWED for her position!!! That is the WHOLE POINT OF THIS POST!!! Did they omit listening in your business school lectures or did you just conduct case studies on bad business people?
    Also, you are on Cafe Pharma, a big no no in the eyes of your demigod managers. You basically identified yourself. They don't care that your kissing their taint on a social networking site, they care that your a meddling low life like those you spent a semester studying.
    Furthermore, don't waste your time? Are there really posts on this site that are valuable uses of anyone's time? Didn't realize new grads consider gossip as research! By the way new grad, don't sign on to a law suit 5 years from now when you find your 40K starting salary is below your peers in the industry.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOLO a word for fools who have never heard of Carpe Diem. This poor kid has no idea how pharma works. Do you know how many 27 year old managers are now sales reps?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is really incredible is that some reps in the Specialty sales force were promoted to Hospital with no interviews. Some deserved it and some did not. The way it was handled is embarrassing. Bring on the lawsuit!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try some PCP reps were promoted to Hospital over Speciality!!! And that's without an interview granted to those CV's.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post. I would like to see this company justify randomly selecting employees and increasing their base by over 20k. Mean time the people selling the same product got a zero pay increase. Have fun fighting that in a court of law.