The writing us on the wall

Discussion in 'Cephalon' started by Anonymous, Jan 8, 2011 at 10:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are not valued here. For those of you who say, "Go ahead and quit then", FU. I'm not going to quit and neither are you. The fact is that there aren't alot of places to go so we will have to take what they give us. We've got this ridiculous, big brother, targeting crap we are doing, they are cutting out bonus payout by 5 franks, or company car selection sucks, they are cutting or cell phone allowance, etc., etc. Some things are big, some are not but they all add up to a direction that is not good. The point is that we are racing to the middle as a company.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DUH!? Get a clue pal and GET OUT of the industry and especially from this company. DONT YOU SEE the clock is ticking down to 2012 when the Provigil generic will kill CNS.
    Dont say you werent warned!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Why would a company continue to pay salaries around or in excess of 100k to reps that are not able to drive market share any longer. I contend that the sales force will be gone or drastically reduced by July. Nuvigil cannibalization just has not occurred on a large enough scale. Should have been priced much lower and the message should have also been revised. Unfortunately messaging was never a strong point for Cephalon. They had a unique drug that really did not require precise messaging, but I thought JR and cronies would have fixed that. Just proves he was a poor choice and keeps hopping around in pharma. A real worm...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things aren't rosy around here, but don't make false statements or provide half truths. Yes our targeted bonus payout was reduced by 5k, but your salary was increased by 5k was it not? I have not spoken with any other rep that was not for that change. We are not making any significant bonus anymore so the more they are willing to guarantee the better. Cell phone allowances have not been cut. Oh yes, the company car selections are not to your liking. I believe the company cars are still free and there is no set monthly stipend to be paid for personal use. Hows that health care benefit working out for you? Is $2 per month too much? I will speak to someone and see if I can have it reduced. I agree the "leadership" brought in has been atrocious, but show me a better place in this market and realize most companies have alot more JRs than we have. I am hopeful they buy a new product for us to sell. We all know that no matter what the conversion rate was with Nuvigil it will not matter come July of 2012. Once Provigil goes generic there will not be a market for Nuvigil. So suck it up and realize how lucky you are to have a job and still be getting paid a pretty handsome salary or go find yourself a better opportunity. Good luck with that.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course I like the 5k salary increase. Unfortunately I am so skeptical of how sales management is operating now I am almost certain that my bonus earnings are going to drop by more than that. The company has been acting exclusively in their own self-interest so I think that they feel like they can give us the 5k and drop our bonuses by 10k and act like they did us a favor but they still come out ahead.
    Hate to be pessimistic but I think that is what is going to happen.
    When you break it down, it is only around 1200 bucks per quarter so if bonuses drop by more than 1250 or so we come out on the short end of the stick. Just keep your eyes open and don't be fooled by the lump sum. I hope I am wrong!!!