South Florida Expansion-Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any information on South florida (Palm Beach) territories for joint/trauma sales? Market Share? Turnover? Salary? Any help would be great

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great company, but this is the worst geography to enter at this time. You will starve for years until they get this ship turned around. Previous distributor ran this area in into the ground coupled with all the national issues(fires, recalls, DOJ, etc., etc.). Styker and Smith&Nephew and Biomet have converted all the ZMR docs in Palm Beach County and surrounding areas.

My advice would be to RUN!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Zimmer representation in Palm Beach was short lived with Carolyn McKay. What are the facts on why she was fired ?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ultimate analogy for Zimmer business model
    "jack of all trades and master of none"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait, I thought THAT was the J&J Depuy analogy????? Isn't Zimmer MORE focused than them??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post holds true still! Although this time it is for the latest distributor! Seems that product knowledge and service does matter, especially in today's industry. You can't just spend your way into business...You're still going to starve here...Hows that guarantee doing now CM?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the solution for Zimmer in South Florida?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you're looking for an answer here?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer Edge is the new distributor here...got rid of the "old" guard and his lady but still sucking wind. Why does corporate tolerate such ineptitude in one of the busiest joint markets in the country?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't they just go direct?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was going on here, "got rid of the "old" guard and his lady" ?
    What are you suggesting, what was or is going on ?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask Nate

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

South Florida under this direct plan is a joke! D D put his boy who has NO ORTHO experience in place to replace MN who did nothing but drive Z further into the abyss! Current leadership has no ortho experience but is Corporate! We have no direction, no sales leadership, no surgeon relationships etc but we have great conference calls and great spreadsheets and corp pep talks! "YOU have the tools, You have the ability, You have ..."

The big 4 competitors do not even recognize Z as a threat! HELP US JC! This is going no where fast! We are a shell of what we once were here in S Fla ( Help us TD! UR missed)
    Looks like Z has thrown in the towel here is one of the busiest markets in the country!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A friend of mine who has since gone with a competitor down there said the South Florida market is difficult as so many docs had $ arrangements. Is this true?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no different than any other major market; all companies had their pockets in the past and most are gone. S Fla is the most difficult areas in country but the key is longevity and relationships stryker agent here 30 years Biomet distrib here 25 years S&N DSM here 30 years Wright Med distr here 24 years DJO distr here 25 years Zimmer had it and blew it depuy had it and blew it and guess who are not factors here Z AND D

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will Zimmer reward their reps with these kind of long term relationships instead of punishing them and running them off?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Incorrect. Z had a ton of business in South Florida, a ton prior to 2008. When the checks stopped and payments published in the Miami Herald, the business disappeared in a month. Had nothing to do with longevity of who was and is still there.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Incorrect !!!! business left when they got rid of the long term distributor in late 2009? Consultants stopped long before with the DPA.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am supposed to interview for an open position for SE Florida; can someone tell me is it worth going there? Hearing mixed reviews Not my only option for a job but I want devices not pharma. Spoke to one of their seasoned reps and he was angry at the world and hates company store too many reports calls spreadsheets and no support

What gives? Thought this was a hot bed for opportunities

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The opportunities are great if you want to work! The ones that complain are not getting it done and are afraid that they will be found out. Times have changed! You just cant show up and get paid....you have to work!