6 Reasons Pfizer Is Crashing

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1) Poor Leadership - In meeting after meeting we start with the solutions without even knowing what the problem is. We have no idea how to set clearly defined and measurable goals because we have no idea what direction our senior leadership is headed in. All we get is "support the brand", or "One Pfizer", or some other bullshit like that.
    2) Busy Work - Because of the above, we are all likea bunch of cats running in different directions, recreating the wheel, staying busy just to be busy, etc.... Big deals are made of things that don't even mater. People are recognized for doing things that make no sense. People are identified for "best practices" when all they really did was apply a little bit of common sense.
    3) Poor Pipeline - Self-explanatory
    4) Lack of Vision - We have become reactionary and cowardly. There is no vision, no boldness.
    5) Shirking - People don't work - they waste too much time. Instead of working, they meet and rehash and regurgitate old tired solutions.
    6) Too many soft females in leadership - Little common sense, Girl power, lording over men who should be leading. Let real women leaders lead, but most are just using up all the oxygen in the room.

Unless this all changes, Pfizer is done for.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Employees have no control on which direction Pfizer is heading (up or down) because Pfizer doesn't listen to its employees. You DO have control on what direction you want your career to go. Quit complaining and make the change yourself. Look for a new job that you think would offer you all the things you wish for.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Pipeline busts & wasted R&D
    2. No Lipitor succession plan
    3. Prempro lawsuits
    4. Corporate Integrity Agreement (marketing restrictions and lunch disclosures included)
    5. Pfizer Board of Directors including Bill Steere, controlling board member who's best days are behind him.
    6. Bigger is better mentality and super-high expenses after R&D

Soon to be #7. Global pricing and government formulary controls.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No thanks. I'd rather stay and ride it out like a welfare payment. Severance is too much to walk away from.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you forgot #8. --> LAYING off every damn specialty rep they have- and going to contract. soon enough we'll all be on a damn contract! Such BULLSHIT. Seriously, how many specialty reps are even left? Cherish the moment- it prob won't last very long! More supposed layoffs in 2011!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#9 HR department hell bent on social engineering. We have PACs for the blacks to make them feel good about themselves, teams to make GLBTs feel loved, task forces to make sure every nursing mom has at least two breast pumps, etc. What our HR doesn't do is tie our reward system for the real workers to our incentives. Bottom line is that it's a lot better to have a quarterly meeting to discuss Gallup and act loving that it is to hit our performance measures. The black, non-chrisitan, anti-American, man haters who run HR are running this company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why stop at 6. I guess I could go all day on this one but I have better things to do. Plus, they don't pay me to think. If you have an idea but are not sitting at the big table. You might as well be talking to the wall.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why did you take the time to think and post then? You like talking to walls?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. TOO MANY LAWYERS

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leakers aka whistleblowers (not a condemnation, just a fact)
    Lawyers - They suck
    Layers - Many, many layers of useless managers.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to #9. post. The reason that I posted my response is because I unlike you can have a opnion, state it and complete the action. You should try it sometime. But you probably think your better than me with your smart ass imput reguarding this matter. I will let you alone to think that.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Say what?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. No leadership
    2. No products
    3. Pfizer sucks
    4. Pfizer sucks

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. No leadership
    2. No products
    3. Pfizer sucks
    4. Pfizer sucks
    5. Pfizer sucks
    6. Pfizer just plain sucks on so many levels it's almost funny.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lost honor, lost moral compass, lost common sense, lost a clue, lost patents, lost brain power

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

share of voice, reach and frequency, call optimization, CUE, cluster call planning, BU, and soon, contract reps, yes sireeee Bob, that would be #7. Aren't these all born from consultants who make a living out of convincing execs that their people are too stupid to run the show, so they come in and ask those same "stupid people" questions and get all their ideas and feed them back to the execs for millions of dollars. Gee, who the hell is stupid? CEO, GM, el Presidentes raise yo hands, you are the weiners!

Here's to you ZS, McKinsey, Boston Consulting and Hay for selling more shinola than we ever thought there was and recycling it throughout the industry until your next turd is born that you convince these arrogant cusps is really gold. Got any openings?

Admirably yours,

A rep

18. Sick & Tired

Sick & Tired Guest

Real reasons Pfizer has Crashed

My thoughts below.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thx! This was priceless!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is CTD (Circling The Drain).