Flonase vs Veramyst

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 5, 2007 at 9:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was just prescibed veramyst but can get flonase a lot cheaper....is there any real difference?
    thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask your doctor!!! Anyone asking for advice on a site like this is either

1. Stupid
    2. Trying to set someone up

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah jerkoff- you have Veramyst, and you DO NOT have flonase! Any more stupid questions?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why is there no scent with veramyst? I thought the smell of the scent actually ment the drug was working. Didnt we question why nasonex went scent free?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, there is no clinically siginifcant difference between the two compounds.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well i wasnt to stupid to leave gsk, sell my stock before it fell and now in surgical sales...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The flonse molecule was changed (the side chain) anyway. There is no head to head data, however it does have an indication to treat ocular symptoms which Flonase did not, and the device is friendlier to the nose. It doesn't contain the same preserative which caused the scent.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LISTEN - Veramyst DOES NOT have an ocular indication, only some sort of approval thing. My doctors are getting pissed that we are all running around even talking about it! They say all the sprays work to some degree and oral anti-hists too! I believe this marketing stategy is starting to back-fire!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's an ocular claim. Flonase and others have tried to get this claim and have been unable to. So, maybe they all do work on ocular symptoms to some degree, but Veramyst has the claim because they were able to prove it in three different studies.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do your homework jerko, I have read competitor's studies and they all include ocular symptoms in their total symptom relief scores. If you drink this corporate kool-aide, then I have some GSK stock to sell you. Yes, this ocular talk is backfiring and we're losing our credibility. Stop the insanity!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a huge difference, Flonase comes in an amber glass bottle and was a class leader along with mometasone (Nasonex) in efficacy. Veramyst is our leftover Flonase bottles with a plastic shell around it to make sure that when you drop your Flonase bottle it does not shatter. We have that different side chain to which has no clinical relevance as stated in our own PI...oh and Veramyst will cost you 3 times as much minimum per month as generic Flonase and twice as much as Nasonex.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds great! I can't wait to go out and change my current prescription of Nasonex to Veramyst!

Oh great Lord in heaven, thanks so much for giving us GSK!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me when I say that currently there are petitions around concerning the problems with increased occular pressure (people losing their eyesight), glaucoma and cataracts with veramyst, which other NIS's don't have problems with. Hey, if you told me that I could lose my eyesight by using an allergy medication, I would shoot the doc who prescribed it to me.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on now GSK would never sell a drug that could hurt you??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Cappy, like another poster said - go slit your wrist.

17. There is no difference between Veramyst and Flonase. It is the drug du jour so doctors are starting to use it because they are getting free samples. The only advantage I use it for is for kids because it is easier to activate than flonase for kids.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure your kids' parents will be happy to know you are prescribing their kids the most expensive option as well! If you truly are a pediatrician and you're not prescribing at least 75% Nasonex, you're either incompetent or the SP reps in your area are idiots.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Response to the pediatrician. Wow...It take almost three pounds more pressure to actuate the veramyst pump than both the old flonase device or the nasonex device (we gave the device to a local college lab to test it). Additionally, if the device it self is like trying to pull the trigger of a double action pistol, when the patient presses on the device, it has two separate friction points, which most pediatricians when demonstated this property have agree that the child will spray most of the dose in the front of the nose and have it drip out.

The device is cute, but really doesn't cut the mustard. Veramyst would be more effective in the same old pump device the other INSs are in.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You and your friends need to go back to school. The device actually has one (1) fulcrum and one (1) inclined sliding friction point. It is nothing like pulling the trigger of a double action pistol. Its fucking idiots like you that shoot others or even themselves. Do the latter! The device as designed is more ergonomic for the end user, the patient. Now go back to school and do some homework.