Happy Thanksgiving! Boards will be read-only today, November 27 from 2:00-7:00 PM ET. Click for details.

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > General Discussion > Tell Me About Your Company
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Me About Your Company Here's the place to ask other reps about their company's culture, policies, etc. Find out where you would be a good fit.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 10:47 AM
cafepharma newbie

Arms Rotech Healthcare

Anyone have any experience with this company? Any info would be of help. I have a F2F interview with them next week. I thought it was odd they called me and set up a F2F right away...no screening, no PI.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Rotech Healthcare

RUN! I worked for them for about a year, it wasn't the worst company but they definitley don't have their shit together.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Anonymous

Bumping this. My other half has been suffering here for four or five months now.

In summary:

Can't get o2 to patients, minimum 4-6 hour delivery time. TOO SLOW. People DIE.

ZERO field information, no market share stats, no numbers to assess territory.

Horrible, horrible management.

They will hire anyone. I've met some of her coworkers, and while nice people, they are lazy. Plain and simple. Not a single killer in the organization. Regional comes in, sees the horrible numbers, and makes claims of "shaking things up around here!" Too bad they forget the "Or else!" part of that conversation. I think you have to kill your bosses first born to get fired there.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Anonymous

RoTech has extremely high employee turnover which is ALWAYS a sign of a badly managed company, no exceptions. This is true just about everywhere in the company although, as one previous poster correctly observed, RoTech is really not one company but a sort of patchwork of companies RoTech bought so it's entirely possible for there to be a cohesive, happy group of RoTechers in one place but not in another.

I'll tell you some tidbits about RoTech in my area. About 16 years ago they bought my company and another one in my area for a total of half a dozen or so locations. I lost my general management job immediately. They brought their own person to run these new acquisitions and they all quickly went to hell. One of their larger offices is less than a mile from my house so I cruise through their office park occasionally to see what I can see. One Sunday a couple weeks ago there were cars and trucks all over the place and all the doors were open and the place was a whirlwind of activity. Keep in m ind I'm talking about Sunday. So I played dumb and asked some of the people what was going on since I'd never seen any signs of life at this office on a Sunday before. They told me their stock was in the toilet, "people" were coming in to inspect them, rumors were flying that Apria or someone else was gonna buy them, they were going through managers so fast they hardly learned a new manager's name before that one was gone and someone else was there, everybody was afraid for their jobs and everybody was looking.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Anonymous

why would anyone waste their time with rotech?
Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Anonymous

I know a local Manager for Rotech in Pa. Her regional Manager is constantly calling and yelling and threatening her. It's no wonder this company has such a high turnover rate within the local manager market.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Anonymous

No no no no no!!!! I worked for Rotech for a year. They don't know what their doing. I just switched to another DME company recently and WOW, what a difference! They overwork you, underpay you, and are always up your you know what. I am all about patient care and Rotech is far from it. Run! That's my best advice and I hope to god that you take it. One of my coworkers that was sales read all about how awful Rotech was before she accepted the position. She said she "didn't think it could be that bad." She left before her 90 days were up. She wishes she would have listened now.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
No no no no no!!!! I worked for Rotech for a year. They don't know what their doing. I just switched to another DME company recently and WOW, what a difference! They overwork you, underpay you, and are always up your you know what. I am all about patient care and Rotech is far from it. Run! That's my best advice and I hope to god that you take it. One of my coworkers that was sales read all about how awful Rotech was before she accepted the position. She said she "didn't think it could be that bad." She left before her 90 days were up. She wishes she would have listened now.
Thanks for the intel. Which DME company did you switch to . . . I am in the same situation?
Old 01-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Anonymous

I have been with Rotech for almost 15 years, great company to work for, good benefits. These people evidently did not like hard work or to work. Whose word are you going to take, someone who could not make it 90 days, much less a year or someone who has been there nearly 15 years? There is always 2 sides to every story.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Rotech Healthcare

Quote:
I have been with Rotech for almost 15 years, great company to work for, good benefits. These people evidently did not like hard work or to work. Whose word are you going to take, someone who could not make it 90 days, much less a year or someone who has been there nearly 15 years? There is always 2 sides to every story.
I worked for my company for 5 years before ROTECH bought it and then I worked another 5 years after Rotech bought it. So I have just 10 years to your 15 but I can say this about my 5 years with BLotech.

From the time they bought my company they gave little to no direction... after a year or more with the company we get our first visit from our Area manager. At 2.5 years into the deal I started looking for a new job and even started working weekends at local hospital because I did not like what I was seeing.

I do not take lightly to coruption. (Pushing Meds on patients that do not need or want them). There is a lot more to be said but others have already give you the clues you need to decide.

I left in 2003. Glad I did.

Take a look at ROHI stock price hstory. in 2003 it was $35.00 per share. Today and for the last year it has been under .50 cents. for most of the year more like under ten cents. For the last 2 years it was under $3.00. Are you getting the picture? Sinking ships need more Rats! (are you a rat?)

Horrible company to work for.

Now who are you going to believe.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Rotech Healthcare

I agree - the management is clueless! I worked for them for 1 year. I tried to explain operations needs to Regional Mgr. who only cared what her reports looked like to her boss.

The the more work the more they EXPECT YOU TO WORK! I was a store manager so no overtime & NO THANK YOU's. It was the only job I got so fed up I just walked out - no notice...boy did that feel good.

I did love the patients but the company doesn't seem to.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Anonymous

I have seen a couple of vague things about Pacific Pulmonary buying Rotech or maybe it's the other way around. Anyway, it's kind of funny because you will see the same types of comments that are posted here about Rotech posted about Pacific Pulmonary on that thread. Sounds like they were made for each other!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Anonymous

Unhappy Re: Rotech Healthcare

I worked for Rotech nearly 7 years then position was eliminated..I came back about 6 months ago.. (after being away for 3 years) now so much has changed..They got rid of our
RT's, ( I'm not an RT I just play one at Rotech on a daily basis) explain how this is good
patient care. They have good benefits but they work you to death. Every project is top
priority.. needing to get done NOW....it's very stressful.. but the way company's are laying off
I am happy to have a job......
Old 07-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Anonymous

I have worked for Rotech for 10 years now. I have three other employees in my office that has been there as long as me. All companies have their ups and downs and all companies have turnover. If they didn't, you wouldn't be looking for a job right now. You take the good with the bad. Yes, it has its problems, but it also has its positives. It is a great company. It is a BIG corporation. When you work for a corporation, it is about the ALMIGHTY dollar. You make your job what it is. I could tell you bad and good things about every job I have had. Great benefits, great employees, great pay, and a job. That is Rotech. So take it for what it is worth. You have good and evil in all jobs.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Anonymous

Uh, Oh..Get ready to be crucified.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Anonymous

RUN AS FAST AS U CAN
Old 07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Anonymous

Please refer to the Rotech thread "rotech troubles" under Medical Equipment. This pretty much sums up this company. Its a good read.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Anonymous

Run like hell!!!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Rotech Healthcare

Quote:
I have worked for Rotech for 10 years now. I have three other employees in my office that has been there as long as me. All companies have their ups and downs and all companies have turnover. If they didn't, you wouldn't be looking for a job right now. You take the good with the bad. Yes, it has its problems, but it also has its positives. It is a great company. It is a BIG corporation. When you work for a corporation, it is about the ALMIGHTY dollar. You make your job what it is. I could tell you bad and good things about every job I have had. Great benefits, great employees, great pay, and a job. That is Rotech. So take it for what it is worth. You have good and evil in all jobs.
Don't you mean that when you work for the BLOTECH corporation it is about the almighty NICKEL?

Penny Stock POS. I worked there for 5 years after we were bought and let me tell you I would love to get that five years back and make some real money else where!

RUN. RUN FAST! DO NOT BE FOOLED!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Anonymous

I just received a letter from Rotech thanking me for interviewing with them but they have gone with another candidate. This is very interesting since I NEVER interviewed with them. Talk about unfair hiring practices. The BBB will know about this.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Anonymous

Funny. Sounds like Rotech. How would you do that interview differently? HaHa!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Anonymous

This is a stupid company.

Possible Medicare Fraud with the Virtuox overnight oximeters by conducting onos on anybody possible. Direction of Regional Manager is to conduct oximetry on anybody and everybody with a wish and hope of oxygen as a result. The patients have no diagnosis or reason for this test. Medicare should investigate.

There is no ROI for Rotech on the oximetry. In fact out of 50 ONOs only 2 yeilded oxygen. Not a good use of time for little ROI. The sales reps spend 30% of their day delivering and picking up virtox. The virtuox does not work all the time and are unrealible.

The sales reps spend their time delivering DME and takes away from sales time. In fact 30% of the day is delivering DME where there is no commision related to it.

LCM are mean: They create a hostile work enviornment by telling PSR to "shut up" at morning meetings, Giving SR cold shoulder by one word answers.

LCM have no business sense: where 60% of business is from CPAP. They now tell sales rep to walk away from this business and concentrate 100% on oxygen where is much more difficult.

This company can not differentiate itself from the competition. It is run very poorly with lack of proper automation and book keeping. Very poor systems in place and duplication of efforts.

Vans are 10 years old and have 200,000 miles on them and insist them to be repaired.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:08 AM
Anonymous

Rotech has hired an outside firm to recruit for them. I wonder if that company realizes that Rotech has an extremely high turnover rate and that they are so in debt they shouldn't be allowed to be in business. The only reason this company exists is so that the home office can continue to receive paychecks and the executives are not unemployed.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Anonymous

Terrible Company,

I have a friend who was the most desired sales rep in the area. This guy had doctors eating out of his hand and chose to work for Rotech, turning down a few other companys. He went through the drug screenings and background check and after all the bull he went through, they withdrew the offer because of and pub drunk fine he got in college. WOW....
Needless to say, they aren't doing to well in that area now.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Anonymous

Bad company all though way through. They half ass everything. You'll notice That the Doctors that refer to this company are just as stupid as the ones that work there. Watch Out
Old 06-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Rotech Healthcare

I am a soon to be ex-customer of Rotech. I have been trying for the last 2 months to clerify that they are billing me less than what I actually owe. So that they don't bill me 10 months later for the corrected bill and have to figure where it came from (like they have done once before), I have gone all the way up the chain of commmand and still no call backs. They would do well to run for Congress.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
THIS QUESTION IS OPEN TO ANYONE!!! Please tell me...what part of the country do you live and work? The work ethic is very different around the country. I'm in the midwest and we are not afraid to work fast, and work long and hard, if we receive decent pay. Now, if these complaints are coming from others in the midwest, then I'm listening. Sorry southerners, but if the complaints are coming from you, I know that y'all take things a little slower and more relaxed down there....please don't take offense, we are all just different and do things differently. Midwesterners.....how do you feel about RoTech? What state are you in?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am a soon to be ex-customer of Rotech. I have been trying for the last 2 months to clerify that they are billing me less than what I actually owe. So that they don't bill me 10 months later for the corrected bill and have to figure where it came from (like they have done once before), I have gone all the way up the chain of commmand and still no call backs. They would do well to run for Congress.
When I left they changed my points after I left so they didn't have to pay me. I put in a complaint with the state and found out that I wasn't the first to do so. Rotech is a shady company.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
THIS QUESTION IS OPEN TO ANYONE!!! Please tell me...what part of the country do you live and work? The work ethic is very different around the country. I'm in the midwest and we are not afraid to work fast, and work long and hard, if we receive decent pay. Now, if these complaints are coming from others in the midwest, then I'm listening. Sorry southerners, but if the complaints are coming from you, I know that y'all take things a little slower and more relaxed down there....please don't take offense, we are all just different and do things differently. Midwesterners.....how do you feel about RoTech? What state are you in?
It depends upon your manager.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Rotech Healthcare

I'm a soon to be ex sales rep for this operation, and all I can say if you're considering working for them, RUN LIKE HELL!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Anonymous

They sent my account to a collection agency that has stopped sending me statements and when I called said they would take a payment over the phone but that it would take 14 - 30 days to get a statement. That was 45 days ago.
Rotech went bankrupt in 2004 and they are headed that way again.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Anonymous

Rotech is a horrible, horrible company. This has to be one of the worst run companies in the United States. Their finances shouldn't even allow them to be in business. The greedy people at the home office just keep it going to earn a paycheck. Rotech bought many nice small, local DME companies around the country. They acquired some nice people when they bought these companies. It is a shame that the home office gets to keep bleeding this company. That includes the admnistrative staff in the home office as well.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:46 AM
EXPSR

Cool Re: Rotech Healthcare

Quote:
I have been with the company almost 4 years as a SR. As i read these messages, I also had the same question. If you have applied to get a job, and are disatified this badely then I believe the 4 letter word missing here is not hell, but team. If you have not had medical background experience, are a multi-tasker, and ready to flow with the changes that are occuring and will occur within HC, (for any industry in HC) then this was not a good job choice for you initially. Applying to work in this industry takes specially adapted folks, who understand all aspects of the teams job functions. AND any company in the universe has its ups and downs. Look at some states governmental situations. Whinning about how bad something was or is, (soon to be ex employees?) is something that needs to be searched out for within you, if it wasnt right for you then why did you let it go on and on until you quit or are fired? That decision should have been made personally and you decide to leave, not stuggling miserably until the end comes, then your anger is put in the wrong area.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Anonymous

I have been trying for 4 MONTHS to get a Scooter through Georgia Med which is part of

ROTECH... they have screwed everyting up for 4 months, now they want me to start over

with the Doctor and re-file the forms..

It sounds like a STUPID company....
Old 11-18-2010, 12:54 AM
Anonymous

There was one post that made the most sense.....
Rotech has many great hard working people. I am one of them and having been in the industry 17 years, I can say this, there is not any home medical equipment companies out there without thier fair share of issues.

That being said, Rotech is as good as any to work for and will probably survive competitive bidding in the end....

Who wants a job? Well, i'm happy to have one with a company that will survive.

What are the other options? Mom and pop? Short term only.... Lincare? Talk about treating the employees horrible.....Pacific pulmonary? Not many other real choices for the long term thinker.......Airgas anyone? LOL

You all can take what you want from this but at least I can spell when I reply to posts....
Old 11-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Rotech has many great hard working people. I am one of them and having been in the industry 17 years, I can say this, there is not any home medical equipment companies out there without thier fair share of issues.

That being said, Rotech is as good as any to work for and will probably survive competitive bidding in the end....

What are the other options? Mom and pop? Short term only.... Lincare? Talk about treating the employees horrible.....Pacific pulmonary? Not many other real choices for the long term thinker.......Airgas anyone? LOL

You all can take what you want from this but at least I can spell when I reply to posts....

butt ur grammur sux. thear is grammur chec wit spell chek.WHO CARES!!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Anonymous

Does anyone know how much they pay for the branch manager position?
Old 05-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Anonymous

Has the company change? Is it better than what people have posted in the past. I am thinking about going to work for the company. How is the training if you go in as branch manager?
Old 05-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Anonymous

I am one of the people they scammed as a customer, and they have been trying to collect for medical supplies I never needed, didn't accept from the post office, and refuse to pay for. I called "Customer Service" repeatedly to tell them to stop sending the quarterly refills on a machine I used for 3 months that my doctor decided to move me off of. They kept sending me new filters for FOUR years before I finally got a live person on the phone in Receivables.
I think this company is a fraud - they send people medical supplies they don't need, refuse to answer the phone, and then try to destroy their credit when they don't want to pay what is essentially extortion for supplies they never ordered and sent back.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Anonymous

I just started working of this company in operations, So far it is great. Does anyone have any heads up for down the road.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Anonymous

Is it worth while to jump ship from one large DME provider to go to work for Rotech?
Old 07-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

You must be in the corporate office. The company is heavily in debt and keeps padding the pockets of the corporate officers. Extremely unethical company.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:45 PM
sikes

I have worked for Rotech for approx 6 years now and i worked for Apria over 7 years and i can tell you Rotech's pay is lower than Apria but for me Rotech has been by far a better company. I love my job and the people i work with and work for. From my area manager to my Divisional manager they are good people. There are jerks in every job i don't care who you work for. Rotech has good benefits and by far has better service than most.
Pacific Pulmonary buying Rotech? Pleeeeeaaasssseeeeeee! That will never happen, Rotech has morals!!! Great company!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:48 PM
sikes

Quote:
Is it worth while to jump ship from one large DME provider to go to work for Rotech?
Rotech is one of the largest!!! It is not Apria any longer!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:06 PM
sikes

Angry Re: Rotech Healthcare

Quote:
This is a stupid company.

Possible Medicare Fraud with the Virtuox overnight oximeters by conducting onos on anybody possible. Direction of Regional Manager is to conduct oximetry on anybody and everybody with a wish and hope of oxygen as a result. The patients have no diagnosis or reason for this test. Medicare should investigate.

There is no ROI for Rotech on the oximetry. In fact out of 50 ONOs only 2 yeilded oxygen. Not a good use of time for little ROI. The sales reps spend 30% of their day delivering and picking up virtox. The virtuox does not work all the time and are unrealible.

The sales reps spend their time delivering DME and takes away from sales time. In fact 30% of the day is delivering DME where there is no commision related to it.

LCM are mean: They create a hostile work enviornment by telling PSR to "shut up" at morning meetings, Giving SR cold shoulder by one word answers.

LCM have no business sense: where 60% of business is from CPAP. They now tell sales rep to walk away from this business and concentrate 100% on oxygen where is much more difficult.

This company can not differentiate itself from the competition. It is run very poorly with lack of proper automation and book keeping. Very poor systems in place and duplication of efforts.

Vans are 10 years old and have 200,000 miles on them and insist them to be repaired.
Sikes: I happen to be an LCM and i will challenge you to any and all aspects of the business to see who exactly has business sense. My sales rep rarely delivers any DME and we do more CPAP than any of the 7 other companies in my town because we are the only company that has an RT. We love CPAP business. This LCM DOES NOT create anything hostile or give my SR the cold shoulder. Maybe you were the cause of all that went wrong in your location! The only thing i agree with is the vehicle situation!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Anonymous

How many locations does Rotech have?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Anonymous

By the website it is only 400 vs Apria 580
Old 07-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Anonymous

This company is over 500 million in debt...that should answer your question pretty easily. Whats even worse is this shows how bad medicare is, they awarded rotech bids. This company's business model is they think if they just keep spending away buying mom and pops that they will improve...they dont realize its the service in which people appreciate. As a sales rep you wont be given anything as far as tools to succeed, and if you've never been in DME before you will be completely lost.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Anonymous

No differant than any other company within the DME indrustry. PPS has to get 10 million a year from the Japs to keep alive every year. Rotech just does not have a surger daddy like PPS
Old 07-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
No differant than any other company within the DME indrustry. PPS has to get 10 million a year from the Japs to keep alive every year. Rotech just does not have a surger daddy like PPS
Actually it is a little different...why does Rotech have ZERO investors? Poorly ran place. Rotech owes their debt back by april 2012 anyway.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: