» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Dental Reps > Dental Reps General Discussion
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dental Reps General Discussion Anonymous general discussion board for dental reps

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 4.52 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Anyone work for Zila?

Going Chapter 11
Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Anyone work for Zila?

I have heard the same, terrible management
Old 03-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Anonymous

Zila faces tough financial times
3/18/2009
By: DrBicuspid Staff

The current economic crisis continues to wreak havoc with the financial results of many dental product suppliers. One of the latest to report tough times is Zila, the manufacturer of the ViziLite Plus oral cancer screening product.

Zila announced this week that it failed to make a convertible note interest payment due January 31 and may have to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection unless it can resolve its debt.

Zila reported a net loss of $25.3 million on revenues of $8.5 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2009 (end-January 31), compared to a net loss of $4.7 million on revenues of $10.5 million in the same quarter in 2008.

The loss was due primarily to a $23.2 million noncash charge required under accounting rules, Zila said. The decline in revenues is being attributed to the global economic downturn and customer concern about its viability as an ongoing business, according to the company.

"We are making every effort to conserve our cash," said David Bethune, chairman and CEO of Zila, in a press release. "We have, among other things, continued salary reductions for a number of management personnel, further reduced headcount throughout the organization, eliminated the employee stock purchase plan and its associated costs, furloughed certain manufacturing production personnel, reduced the number of seminar programs and streamlined the cost structure of these programs, and reduced tradeshow expenditures."

As a result of the technical default and sales declines, the company stated that it has substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern.

"In order to continue as an ongoing business and fund our operations over the next 12 months, we will require additional funds and need to restructure our senior secured convertible notes," Bethune said. "We have had discussions with a number of potential investors, all of whom have required, as a condition of their investment, that the senior secured convertible notes be repaid from the funds provided by the investor(s) and that this repayment be at a substantial discount from the $12.0 million principal outstanding to reflect what they believe to be the current market value of those notes."
Old 04-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Anonymous

Unhappy Re: Anyone work for Zila?

I am an old "Pro-Dentite". I am one of the few that have been with the company for years and is still hanging in there. All of this makes me physically ill. I wish someone from Zila management would tell me what they were thinking when they purchased a company like Pro-Dentec, that was in the black and doing well, and took it straight down hill so quickly. I can't imagine what their reasoning was! It couldn't have been just a tax break. They 'said' they wanted our professional personnel then they ran almost all of us off. We were all trained extensively and properly. Zila will not allow that type of training. As long as the reps look like Barbie Dolls, they don't have to know anything. It's such a shame. Offices aren't so concerned about what the reps look like physically, as long as they are professional, they want to know what they can do for them. That's exactly what Pro-Dentec reps did. We were always there for our offices. Now we aren't allowed to be. If any offices are reading this, I'm so sorry! It is just sickening. If we could take care of you like we used to, believe me, we would! The few of us that still know and believe in Soft Tissue Management and the Rota-Dent and what it does for the patients and the offices are still trying to fight the good fight. Please keep us in your prayers.
PRO-DENTEC FOREVER!!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Anonymous

why can't you take care of offices? I"m confused what's happening?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Anyone work for Zila?

Yeah Zila sucks, they pay the inside reps even less than the outside reps. The office looks like a ghosttown. nothing but empty cubes. If I didnt desperately need the money for mortgage I would be gone. They set unreasonable goals, provide no marketing or support. They pay inside people in the low 30s. Place is a joke. Also they fire you the minute you speak up.

I just keep quiet and look for a better job.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Anonymous

Anyone have any valid information on Zila's merger with Tolmar?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Anyone have any valid information on Zila's merger with Tolmar?
they say will be done in sept
if your a rep iwould recommend start looking
Old 07-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
they say will be done in sept
if your a rep iwould recommend start looking
Why would I start looking at a time when the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a freight train for once?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Anonymous

I think the merger with Tolmar is good thing. Zila will finally have some money to work with. Tolmar basically bought a sales force to compete against Arestin.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I think the merger with Tolmar is good thing. Zila will finally have some money to work with. Tolmar basically bought a sales force to compete against Arestin.
that is if they keep the sales force... and that will not happen
Old 07-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Anonymous

that is if they keep the sales force... and that will not happen

Tolmar only has about 10 reps mostly on the east coast so I think they will keep most of the existing Zila sales force throughout the rest of the country.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Anonymous

Is LC still with the company?...the Southeast RM... He was interviewing for 1 open position in NC and now there's a posting by someone else for 2 positions there. Why would they do any of this in the midst of the merger?
Old 08-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Is LC still with the company?...the Southeast RM... He was interviewing for 1 open position in NC and now there's a posting by someone else for 2 positions there. Why would they do any of this in the midst of the merger?
LC is still with the company. Went to a national accounts position by choice.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Anonymous

Jester Re: Anyone work for Zila?

Quote:
LC is still with the company. Went to a national accounts position by choice.
By choice.?? ha ha
Either take it or good riddens! Not choice
Old 09-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Anonymous

Regardless. Tolmar is lucky to have him. I always thougt he would leave when JM did. I know they were close. I really think he likes Zila..weird.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Anonymous

couldnt get a job anywhere else most likely that pays what he is making,sad
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
couldnt get a job anywhere else most likely that pays what he is making,sad
1. he's not there anymore
2. how much money do you think he was making? Zila wasn't know for paying people a lot of $
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Anonymous

Default Zila - Tolmar

Does anyone work for Zila since Tolmar has purchased? Have there been any positive changes? I have an opportunity to work there and need some feedback.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Anonymous

what area of the country are you in? Sales have been tough lately with the down economy. Well see what happens, hopefully will get better soon.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Anonymous

Default Merge w/ Tolmar

Has the Merge with tolmar improved Zila? Has the salaries increased since?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Anonymous

Argue Re: Merge w/ Tolmar

Quote:
Has the Merge with tolmar improved Zila? Has the salaries increased since?
Are you kidding ? Sales are at the all-time low - Zila employess are being let go left and right and company morale is at an all time low. Even at the batesville branch !!! The animosity is outrageous between the two groups.....
Old 11-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Are salaries still only 40k? What is a typical first year income? From what I'm reading, I don't think I even want to apply.
Don't do it --- its a sinking ship --no one cares - you are just a number -- upper management stink- and you are set to fail from the beginning- your computer does not work- you get no inside help from the AR branch -and they make the rules as they go ! especially that KR and PN!!!! you will be a slave on the ship. please save yourself the trouble
Old 11-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Anonymous

let's see; who was the genius who planned a sales meeting the week prior to the thanksgiving week. A week in Batesville Arkansas. that i'm sure is quite motivating Effectively cut short the sales month by a week. then people start taking vacation. so by the time the sales year starts in the 2nd week of January, the training is forgotten.

confused and lost; too bad for the reps; good products, terrible leadership; people cling ing to job. md,ds,bb,br,dbjr, clueless
Old 12-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Anonymous

Paranoid Re: Anyone work for Zila?

Quote:
let's see; who was the genius who planned a sales meeting the week prior to the thanksgiving week. A week in Batesville Arkansas. that i'm sure is quite motivating Effectively cut short the sales month by a week. then people start taking vacation. so by the time the sales year starts in the 2nd week of January, the training is forgotten.

confused and lost; too bad for the reps; good products, terrible leadership; people cling ing to job. md,ds,bb,br,dbjr, clueless
they are all considered "Genius" - especially that dbjr ! He took after his daddy - stupid and clueless doesn't fall far from the tree !
Old 12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Anonymous

i can see clearly now the rain is gone was the song played at the national sales meeting. the rain was jr's dad..reign of terror

back to the glory years of STM....time will stand still there
Old 12-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Anyone work for Zila?

Time will stand still? Your dreaming if you think Prodentech, wait your not Prodentech any longer get that through your heads. If you think you can survive doing the same old way of doing business then Tolmar will be selling you within a year. The owners of Prodentech sold you to Zila because they saw the writing on the wall like all business owners do when they sell out. So I suggest you start calling yourselves Tolmar and pick up those phones and make cold calls to get new business. Most of your current customers have had it with your company and its shoddy products and customer service. Also you better improve your return policy because it sucks.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Anonymous

people in arkansas have told the tolmar folks who have no idea how to sell to dentists that STM and those informercials disguised as seminars that STM is the way back to the glory years. The original owners of prodentec sold at the time when they could get the best value for their company; they sold to a company (zila) whose ceo and board of directors were misguided. Tolmar bought them for a song, so they can try this strategy for a while...the fact that tolmar is privately held gives them more cushion...but the company's sales are down far more than the average dental company in that market and competition for their products is increasing
Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Anonymous

By the end of next year Tolmar will ditch all of Prodens products and just sell Atridox. The Rotadent is crap. That company has so many customer service calls on that thing that they cant even handle them all. Those seminars are nothing but a loss on the income statement. Also Tolmar could care less about Vizilite, they barely push it. Company hasnt had a sale or incentive in almost a year.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Anonymous

if that's the case it's too bad. Atridox is a dog.my guess is they get out of dental.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Merge w/ Tolmar

Quote:
Are you kidding ? Sales are at the all-time low - Zila employess are being let go left and right and company morale is at an all time low. Even at the batesville branch !!! The animosity is outrageous between the two groups.....
You obviously are living in the past. No, I'm not drinking the chx kool-aid but everyone at the former Zila was given a raise, sales are improving and fences are being mended in Batesville. Nothing's perfect but 100% better than it was a couple of months ago.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: Anyone work for Zila?

zila sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i absolutely hate this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they dont reimburse our expenses for months!!! they are not giving raises, cut the car allowance and have made quota unattainable!!! i am so frustrated i cant wait to leave!!! let them keep hiring their new college grads with no expereience for 40K per year all experienced reps are leaving we hate it!!!!!!!! good bye and good riddance feel free to r eplace us with one of your cheap newbies! were off to bigger and better-you get what u pay for!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Anonymous

a lot of the newbies have left and gone on to bigger and better things...the only ones left are the ones who can't find a job..sad...
Old 02-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
zila sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i absolutely hate this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they dont reimburse our expenses for months!!! they are not giving raises, cut the car allowance and have made quota unattainable!!! i am so frustrated i cant wait to leave!!! let them keep hiring their new college grads with no expereience for 40K per year all experienced reps are leaving we hate it!!!!!!!! good bye and good riddance feel free to r eplace us with one of your cheap newbies! were off to bigger and better-you get what u pay for!
When Tolmar came in they increased all Zila salaries, reimburse us within one week of submitting our reports, gave everyone a raise in December, moved to Runzheimer's - car allowance is not taxed. 40K was pre-Tolmar. You obviously got out before the merger last year.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
When Tolmar came in they increased all Zila salaries, reimburse us within one week of submitting our reports, gave everyone a raise in December, moved to Runzheimer's - car allowance is not taxed. 40K was pre-Tolmar. You obviously got out before the merger last year.
check out turnover; reps are leaving; they're hiring old zila/prodentec reps to fill the slots, or retreads looking to hang on; sales are in the tank; no clue, no motivation, no leadership; junior is as clueless a papa
Old 03-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Anyone work for Zila?

who is an old zila/prodentec rep that is filling a vacancy? And by the way, jr is not in charge of the show, he's a dm so stop blaming everything on him!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
who is an old zila/prodentec rep that is filling a vacancy? And by the way, jr is not in charge of the show, he's a dm so stop blaming everything on him!
san diego rep, san francisco rep , for a while, the soCal rep to name a few. it's just fun to call him jr., to say he doesn't have influence is not credible. How were the first two month's sales? Missing sales numbers by millions of dollars after the inspiring sales meeting isn't a very good sign.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Anonymous

Joke of a company, interviewer asked me to sell a pen!! RUN!!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Anonymous

Run from this company!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Anonymous

Is KM still around? A young girl took their spot
Old 06-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
You obviously know a lot about the company. Why are you still here?
Soon to be gone... just a matter of time before every rep quites this company. CH's team will be gone first.

P-People
L-Leaving
A-As soon as the
N-next job offer comes
Old 06-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Anonymous

From your lips to God's ears!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Soon to be gone... just a matter of time before every rep quites this company. CH's team will be gone first.

P-People
L-Leaving
A-As soon as the
N-next job offer comes
You r smart. Must work for CH!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Anonymous

How many reps have quit since May? 10?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Really, 40K thats it? My manager told me they previous rep was making around 80K....so I shouldnt believe her? Please help! Im trying to make a decison as to where to work. Thank you!
don't work there go to work for wendy's and have a better chance
Old 06-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Anonymous

Woooohoooooo! You will get a whole $2.50 for every 6 pack of mirrors you sell! I'm gonna go for it! Maybe I'll be able to sell enuf to pay my 6 year old her allowance! Awesome! What a motivator!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Anonymous

That toothbrush stinks anyway, I love the old brochure with Dr on it. Classic! A vintage old product.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Anonymous

couldnt agree more. It is a dinosaur of a brush. Thats why they have to give free soft tissue management system and training away to get the dr to buy it. No other brush comes with free consulting services, because they don't need to!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Anonymous

How is this POS co still in business? rotadent sucks, its true it comes with extra services that is why you probably sell it in 2010 but the extra service is the same shit from 20 yrs ago....... what a joke......
Old 07-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;3552423]Was DS really calling her reps this week to het their feedback on her?[/QUOT

Rumor mill says yes. Now,if anything will change for the poor schmucks that work for her is another post.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: